Sabres name Bryan Trottier Assistant Coach

Campy

It is interesting how Nolan has brought in another, more senior, heart and soul and guts, get the team to run through a brick wall sort of guy. I guess we can assume that Trottier will be a "fit" with Nolan's approach to coaching the game (he's pretty open about not being a system guy -- more of a passion and execution guy). I've seen others around here remark that the long-term plan may be to get someone else in here when the team is ready to make a leap. But that may not be for several years! In the meantime, get the youngsters molded by the right influences.

And, a question: Is Matt Ellis still a member of the franchise? Rochester?

It is interesting how Nolan has brought in another, more senior, heart and soul and guts, get the team to run through a brick wall sort of guy. I guess we can assume that Trottier will be a "fit" with Nolan's approach to coaching the game (he's pretty open about not being a system guy -- more of a passion and execution guy). I've seen others around here remark that the long-term plan may be to get someone else in here when the team is ready to make a leap. But that may not be for several years! In the meantime, get the youngsters molded by the right influences.

And, a question: Is Matt Ellis still a member of the franchise? Rochester?

Matt Ellis is the new Vice Assistant Coach for Strategery.

Matt Ellis is the new Vice Assistant Coach for Strategery.

Not Developmentacation?
No. The Sabres are going to get an Xs and Os guy for that, and use the gritty veteran for strategery.

As usual, the banter of regulars around here has a way of flying over my head. Of course, that is a pretty easy height to clear.

Ellis's name popped into my head because he strikes me as the kind of player who ends up being an effective coach.

As usual, the banter of regulars around here has a way of flying over my head. Of course, that is a pretty easy height to clear.

Ellis's name popped into my head because he strikes me as the kind of player who ends up being an effective coach.

We're just screwing around because there doesn't seem to be a coach or assistant who can put together a system yet. That's probably not the most important thing for this team right now, though.

We're just screwing around because there doesn't seem to be a coach or assistant who can put together a system yet. That's probably not the most important thing for this team right now, though.

I figured as much. I'm just not terribly quick on the uptake when it comes to that sort of stuff (movie quotes, in-jokes). Try as I might, I haven't been able to master that craft.

It figures

(Something in your wheelhouse)

Ha!

I actually had to think about it for a minute (!!!) because, in my mind, I still use Sabre_Dance as my screen name. But then I remembered that I changed it when I saw another (earlier) Sabre Dance posting.

And it does figure, doesn't it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.