Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

You can't deny that this is a tradeoff most teams would take. That was my point.

If it was just as simple as two players going out of the game with no emotion attached... But that's not how it works. Good chance 91 just boosted his team's confidence considering that they went on a tear right after. Marchand picked a bad time.

If it was just as simple as two players going out of the game with no emotion attached... But that's not how it works. Good chance 91 just boosted his team's confidence considering that they went on a tear right after. Marchand picked a bad time.

Looked to me like Stamkos picked the time. 

Marchand dropped the gloves first and clearly was trying to stir the pot with his play.

Marchand stirs the pot well. I still believe despite the score that the Bruins would take this tradeoff 99.9% of the time considering the skill level of the players involved. If your rat/sometime scorer takes possibly the best player in the league off the ice you take that to the bank. The score after the fact is seen in hindsight and doesn't exist at the time of the penalties imo. It just as easily could have gone in the Bruins favour. But they sukc. 

I know plenty of kids of non-celebrities that have goofy names too. It's just a thing some people do.

If you're going to restaurants where (and when) parents are comfortable bringing their kids, you're doing "being young" wrong. :)

I know I guy named North, it's a great name. He comes by it honestly though, with a very common Swedish last name.

go to palm island .. they dont allow kids or politics for dinner or on island.. if a child is found , and no one claims it, it quickly turned into an amuse with a seat kickin airplane motif... i think w and old style buerre blanc,, a de rothschild addicy cousin serves it table side w a funny hat... you always have choice in what you tolerate... im more of a north captiva , be nice and give the obnoxiuos kid a beer and keys to a golf cart but to each his own..

That...that right there is why I want Boston out of the playoffs at all costs. Even if it means Ottawa gets in. What a despicable group of individuals.

I despise Boston more than any other team/city but I would be scared shitless about Bettman and Campbell fixing the lottery to let them win it if they somehow miss the playoffs.

The lottery is not going to be fixed.

And Chara got no punishment for intentionally injuring Pacioretty and almost breaking the guy's neck and to top it off couldn't even be considered a repeat offender because he received no punishment for the incident. The people in charge of this league have absolutely shown bias and favoritism for certain teams and since all they show is some cards being turned around I find no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume everything will be on the up and up.

Marchand stirs the pot well. I still believe despite the score that the Bruins would take this tradeoff 99.9% of the time considering the skill level of the players involved. If your rat/sometime scorer takes possibly the best player in the league off the ice you take that to the bank. The score after the fact is seen in hindsight and doesn't exist at the time of the penalties imo. It just as easily could have gone in the Bruins favour. But they sukc. 

For what it's worth.. and perhaps as strange as it may seem.. Marchand being off the ice for the Bruins is actually a bad thing given that he leads the team in Goals scored.  So while Stamkos being off the ice is a nice twist it also means the Bruins leading goal scorer is off the ice and their offense is pretty anemic especially compared to Tampa who have 3 scorers ahead of Marchand in Goals and Callahan sitting at 21, 1 behind Marchand.

And Chara got no punishment for intentionally injuring Pacioretty and almost breaking the guy's neck and to top it off couldn't even be considered a repeat offender because he received no punishment for the incident. The people in charge of this league have absolutely shown bias and favoritism for certain teams and since all they show is some cards being turned around I find no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume everything will be on the up and up.

Discipline versus fixing the lottery are two wildly different things. I feel like being caught fixing a lottery (by the way, aren't all Gms present for the drawing?) would have huuuuge legal ramifications, that wouldn't be worth the risk. The lottery is not going to be fixed, though I'm sure that when team x wins from draft slot 9 the conspiracy theories will be everywhere.

Discipline versus fixing the lottery are two wildly different things. I feel like being caught fixing a lottery (by the way, aren't all Gms present for the drawing?) would have huuuuge legal ramifications, that wouldn't be worth the risk. The lottery is not going to be fixed, though I'm sure that when team x wins from draft slot 9 the conspiracy theories will be everywhere.

Favortism and nepotisms by the people in power who are supposed to be impartial is crooked no matter how you slice it. Sure the whole thing could be legit but when you are perceived to be biased people will assume it runs rampant in all areas, not just within the disciplinary committee. The best way to eliminate the perception is to be as open and as transparent as possible but since they don't show the lottery balls being selected or the computer/number generator and only show the cards being flipped after the drawing has already taken place then it still won't pass the smell test in my eyes or with many others. That's why you'll probably see conspiracy theories no matter who wins the lottery because the people in charge have no credibility.

I'd rather see the Massholes make the playoffs even though I hate them because I don't think Bettman and his cronies are above putting the fix in and letting Boston or another of the MFT's win it.

holy bat crap, lottery fixing, now that's paranoia at it's finest

Yeah, Bettman is on the up and up for sure. He'd never favor one team over another. He and his stellar credibility should never be questioned.

Whether they'd put the fix in or not is unknown but that doesn't change the appearance of impropriety he has.

I think he fixed it so the Penguins won the lottery when Crosby came out. Pittsburgh was crumbling and putting Crosby in Pittsburgh with Lemieux helped bring that franchise out of the dump and alleviate that problem for himself within the league.

While I doubt that it is fixed, I'm not sure why something that important isn't done under the watchful eye of KPMG Pete Marwick (or the like), just as the NY lottery drawing is.

Because then some undeserving team like Buffalo might end up with McJesus or could've ended up with Crosby.

Tell me you won't believe the fix is in if we end up in 29th and Toronto wins the lottery so the Leafs end up with McDavid and Eichel ends up in Phoenix helping the Coyotes dig themselves out of financial doom the way Pittsburgh was able to after getting Crosby.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.