Buffalo has 2nd highest US rating for game 7, suprise suprise

matter2003

Buffalo got a 7.3 rating, which doesn't even include all those like myself, watching on CBC...which probably pushes it to a 12-14 rating...

Chicago had the highest at a 22.7, LA third at a 4.3...

Shouldn't be any suprise, we almost always have the highest rating other than the 2 cities whose teams are playing, and sometimes including them, embarrassingly enough...

We are the best hockey market in the US and we prove it every time the ratings come out...

4.3 in LA = about 250,000 TVs

7.3 in Buffalo = about 45,000 TVs

If you're talking TV Audience, we are a terrible Hockey Market.

Ok, add another 750,000 people in the suburbs and its likely even higher considering 80% of Buffalo is African American and while some are big hockey fans, most aren't. Plus that doesn't count CBC ratings.

So now we are supposed to read every post of every thread to see if something is talked about there in a post? SMFH...

Edited by matter2003

Ok, add another 750,000 people in the suburbs and its likely even higher considering 80% of Buffalo is African American and while some are big hockey fans, most aren't. Plus that doesn't count CBC ratings.

My numbers include the entire buffalo viewing area, which stretches from the border to Olean.

Probably doesn't include the CBC! so there's that!

My numbers include the entire buffalo viewing area, which stretches from the border to Olean.

Probably doesn't include the CBC! so there's that!

If a rating point is equal to 1% and there are well over 1 million people just in Erie and Niagara county combined, not even including the southern tier counties, how exactly does a 7.3 equate to 45,000? I come up with closer to 100,000, not including CBC, which probably adds another 30-40,000 on top of that if not more...

Still making a joke of the LA market who has 5 times our population and whose team was IN THE GAME!!

Edited by matter2003

If a rating point is equal to 1% and there are well over 1 million people in Erie and Niagara county combined, not even including the southern tier counties, how exactly does a 7.3 equate to 45,000? I come up with closer to 100,000, not including CBC, which probably adds another 30-40,000 on top of that...

It's 1% of TVs, not people.

Even if we get all the way up to 2 Million people in Buffalo, the LA Metro has 18 Million. We'd have to beat them by nearly 10x in ratings to be a "better Market",

I should specify, that's TV-Households, not total tv sets. so a house with 3 tvs would still count as 1.

NHL probably would have preferred a CHI/NY final for the ratings.

No question; like I said in the semifinals thread, there will be few viewers in the US west of Buffalo (until you get to LA).

But this one goes to 11.

Everything.

It's 1% of TVs, not people.

Even if we get all the way up to 2 Million people in Buffalo, the LA Metro has 18 Million. We'd have to beat them by nearly 10x in ratings to be a "better Market",

I should specify, that's TV-Households, not total tv sets. so a house with 3 tvs would still count as 1.

In terms of numbers, but it still reflects poorly that a place with no vested interest still has a higher percentage of its viewers watching than a team whose playing

In terms of numbers, but it still reflects poorly that a place with no vested interest still has a higher percentage of its viewers watching than a team whose playing

Absolutely!

but they ad dollars go to the eyeballs. If the Sabres were playing in that game last night, they might have reached a 40% rating and competed with LAs numbers. But Chicago had more TVs tuned into the game than Buffalo has TVs. Even 100% rating wouldn't have been #1 in terms of eyeballs.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.