USA Hockey to Make Major Announcement at FNC (5/28)

26CornerBlitz

Adam Benigni@AdamBenigni 56m

Source tells @wgrzpete Harborcenter announcement on Wednesday to include 2015 U18 Women's World Championships @wgrz

Drane, if this is true, you have to stay 300 ft away from the place, right?

To include it? or that is it?

If that is what they are leaking because that is the minor news that is great. If the whole announcement is the Womens under 18 World championships...well....I don't know just how major that is (maybe it IS a big deal, just I don't know much about it.)

Sometimes my brain says things, and then they get translated into written words, and then they don't make any sense.

It made sense to me....and I agree.

Adam Benigni@AdamBenigni 56m

Source tells @wgrzpete Harborcenter announcement on Wednesday to include 2015 U18 Women's World Championships @wgrz

Drane, if this is true, you have to stay 300 ft away from the place, right?

Nope....I'll be on the staff. Ted owes me one.......

And Chicago would make a more convenient location for the Birth of Christ.

There is some holy ground you just don't mess with.

Honestly, the facilities in Lake Placid are just not that great. Imagine Bennet High School with two hockey rinks inside it during summer. Stripped of the emotion, that's Lake Placid.

Honestly, the facilities in Lake Placid are just not that great. Imagine Bennet High School with two hockey rinks inside it during summer. Stripped of the emotion, that's Lake Placid.

I know. And I don't care. That ice was the peak of American amateur hockey. That is where the junior evals should be, because that is the measuring stick.

I know. And I don't care. That ice was the peak of American amateur hockey. That is where the junior evals should be, because that is the measuring stick.

Not only that...the town has the infrastructure and is built for training. What would you rather do as a 17 year old....jog down Perry St, or wake up in a picturesque mountain with the red sun and dew glistening to take a 10 mile bike ride through the hills?

Whoever does the PR releases for the Harbour Center needs to lay off the caffeine and hyperbole. Short of Kate Upton skating naked on their ice, nothing they announce will be major.

That would subject Drane to the same 300 ft. restriction, albeit for other reasons.

I love Lake Placid. My family lived there.

But keeping the Lake Placid the center of Amateur hockey pretty much keeps it in obscurity in the US. Time to move it to Buffalo.

Yes, BUFFALO will drag something out of obscurity. :)

The D tournament for Juniors would draw folks from Ontario and WNY, and be a much more logical place to fly into than lake placid with its crappy summer ice.

I know, I know. It's just that to most people in the US, Buffalo and Lake Placid might as well be neighboring towns (an hour or so from NYC).

Buffalo is a good host.

The D tournament for Juniors would draw folks from Ontario and WNY, and be a much more logical place to fly into than lake placid with its crappy summer ice.

Buffalo is a good host.

And it will become a better host.

That said, if I were a kid, I'd want to go to Placid. It smells better there.

I know, I know. It's just that to most people in the US, Buffalo and Lake Placid might as well be neighboring towns (an hour or so from NYC).

Buffalo is a good host.

Plus, like, you CAN fly into Buffalo. Closest airport to Lake placid is probably Albany or Montreal, which are both a 2-3 hour drive. 5 hours from NYC or Buffalo

And it will become a better host.

That said, if I were a kid, I'd want to go to Placid. It smells better there.

Nothing smells better than the Adirondacks to me.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 1m

More

As reported earlier, women's under-18 world championship (January) and sled hockey worlds (April) coming to Buffalo.

Edited by sabills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.