USA Hockey to Make Major Announcement at FNC (5/28)

26CornerBlitz

I'd check out the sled hockey....they beat the tar out of each other...old time hockey.

Does downtown and the HC hotel in particular have the infrastructure to host a few hundred disabled athletes? I'm sure they make due, but it would be nice for them not be bussing all around town. What does a Marriott have...8 accessible rooms and 2 elevators?

Those with paralysis are a different story obviously, but I think most are amputees and have prosthetic legs.

Thanks....yeah, I guess technology for the body has come a long way so it may not be as big of an issue. I know there are other hotels down there....that was really the only question I had.

You gotta think the Paralympic committee did some due diligence before signing up. I doubt they're as prone to making ridiculous decisions as the graft driven IOC. There's just not as much money in it.

Whoever does the PR releases for the Harbour Center needs to lay off the caffeine and hyperbole. Short of Kate Upton skating naked on their ice, nothing they announce will be major.

More important than this announcement, I think kate upton is vastly over-rated. I see two reasons for the love, but besides that? Meh

You gotta think the Paralympic committee did some due diligence before signing up. I doubt they're as prone to making ridiculous decisions as the graft driven IOC. There's just not as much money in it.

I'm sure it will work. It would be awesome to give them 1st class treatment though. I watched the Olympic tourney and these guys have more passion than any other group I have seen. They treat the crease and the goalie like 1975. They run each other basically attached to a missile. There is still tons of skill and speed and you can see who the stars are. Kudos for landing it....I will try and go for sure.

Now the girls tourney....they have 6 months to have everything up and running. That's a little scary......

Now the girls tourney....they have 6 months to have everything up and running. That's a little scary......

I was wondering how long it would take for this to be mentioned. When I first heard 2015 I assumed December. That is going to be a quick turnaround to get this ready. They obviously did their homework though.

I haven't stopped looking at the two reasons yet

This isn't Total Recall. Two is all you need.

Ryan Kennedy@THNRyanKennedy

The USHL has a new commissioner and expansion is a question. Are Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Philly possibilities? http://bit.ly/1nZkFAw

According to some of my sources, the heavy hitters would be Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, with the three teams being linked to the NHL franchises in those cities. All three would lie outside the USHL’s current eastern border, however. And though a division including those three cities, Youngstown (Ohio) and Team USA or Muskegon (both Michigan) would make sense geographically, travel is not the only consideration.

“I want to be very careful in pursuing expansion,” Fallen said. “The key to me is dilution of talent. Not only in the players, but coaches and officials as well.”

I love Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and the surrounding area. There's nothing like it that I've seen, smelt, or experienced before. It's so surreal.

I agree, I loved every moment I spent up there for the week plus I was in the area. Womens world championships U-18, snooze...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.