World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

No that isn't even it. There are runs and places that guys just aren't going go. They don't check to the ball. They don't play into space or explode into space. There are not any good through balls. I watched one guy pass the ball and instead of breaking from his defender to the perimeter WHERE NO ONE was, he turned away from the ball back into pressure... its just playing stupid. The United States positioning is horrendous and the 4th 5th 6th touches are killing them.

We certainly made mistakes, but this difference in this one wasn't tactics. Good effort as always. Maybe in 4 years we'll have a bit more talent and can make a deeper run.

We certainly made mistakes, but this difference in this one wasn't tactics. Good effort as always. Maybe in 4 years we'll have a bit more talent and can make a deeper run.

We lost because we played a terrible style. It was the soccer version of Alamo mode. You could see how the players wanted to be released and were later in the game. Just awful fundamentals. Running away from the ball carrier, not playing into space, not running into space, to many craptastic crosses. To your point, yes, not enough offensive talent.

Edited by LGR4GM

:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want. There are certain things you have to do. I mentioned them. PPL don't want to believe me that's your problem. Next time you watch soccer, if you do watch often, watch the runs into space and watch the off the ball movement. Watch guys checking to the ball not constantly running away from it. Little things.

Roll your eyes all you want. There are certain things you have to do. I mentioned them. PPL don't want to believe me that's your problem. Next time you watch soccer, if you do watch often, watch the runs into space and watch the off the ball movement. Watch guys checking to the ball not constantly running away from it. Little things.

Did you happen to see that beauty run and goal by the wünderkin that Klinsman plucked from the German national program……Wicked pass by Bradley and a great run by Green…..The kid is only going to get better being trained at Bayern Munich.

Yes that's all it is. You're adorable.

Guest Sloth

Did you happen to see that beauty run and goal by the wünderkin that Klinsman plucked from the German national program……Wicked pass by Bradley and a great run by Green…..The kid is only going to get better being trained at Bayern Munich.

And that was his first touch of the game. Goal was sweet.

And that was his first touch of the game. Goal was sweet.

A lot of speculation that an "under the table" deal was made prior to the World Cup in order to get Green to declare for the USA instead of Germany. Many think that Jurgen gave him a roster spot in this World Cup in exchange for his allegiance (hence Green took Landon's spot).

A lot of speculation that an "under the table" deal was made prior to the World Cup in order to get Green to declare for the USA instead of Germany. Many think that Jurgen gave him a roster spot in this World Cup in exchange for his allegiance (hence Green took Landon's spot).

I have no idea about that, but bringing Green into the team was a good move. Landon did not do himself any favors by disappearing. I also suspect that he was the one who claimed (off the record to reporters) that there was dissension in the team several months ago.

hehe

Haven't seen the game, but reading it was one of the best of the world cup, can some of you recap for me ? :P

do like play by play or something.

Damn just saw replay, we had alot of good chances, howard played a hell of a game.

Nice goal by USA to , but by then it should have been 4 - 0 already. Probably made half of belgium ###### their pants haha.

Story of the match:

• Howard makes most saves in World Cup history
  • Kevin de Bruyne puts Belgium ahead
  • Lukaku adds a second in second period
  • Julian Green volley gives US late hope
  • Game sees 56 efforts on goal

Everyone arrived drunk as hell at work :D, don't know what will happen if we win it all. Can take belgium of the map for a week for sure :D

Edited by Heimdall

you don't really mean that :)

Actually you bolded the wrong part. I don't eat waffles or drink very much beer.

I did, literally, run a guy out of the bar during the first half yesterday because he was drinking Stella Artois. He switched to Grolsch when I let him back in.

So back to soccer: Had an idea to get rid of all the PK nonsense. I hate seeing games, if not entire tournaments, decided that way. Why not endless OT periods (of whatever length), with teams able to substitute freely (including players coming back in) after 120 minutes? I think that would get the job done.

Actually you bolded the wrong part. I don't eat waffles or drink very much beer.

I did, literally, run a guy out of the bar during the first half yesterday because he was drinking Stella Artois. He switched to Grolsch when I let him back in.

So back to soccer: Had an idea to get rid of all the PK nonsense. I hate seeing games, if not entire tournaments, decided that way. Why not endless OT periods (of whatever length), with teams able to substitute freely (including players coming back in) after 120 minutes? I think that would get the job done.

golden goal after 120?

Guest Sloth

golden goal after 120?

Why not a golden goal after 90? If it's a nil-nil or 1-1 game after the 100th minute, many teams begin to change their game plan to play for a shootout. If it was golden goal after 120, the teams would be too exhausted. Go for the W' w/ a golden goal when the players still have a little gas.

Why not a golden goal after 90? If it's a nil-nil or 1-1 game after the 100th minute, many teams begin to change their game plan to play for a shootout. If it was golden goal after 120, the teams would be too exhausted. Go for the W' w/ a golden goal when the players still have a little gas.

I think it used to be this way, but teams played even more for the PKs then than they do now. So the "silver goal" concept that we deal with now was born.

Guest Sloth

I think it used to be this way, but teams played even more for the PKs then than they do now. So the "silver goal" concept that we deal with now was born.

Didn't know that. They should make it to where there is no shootout. Stop every 15 minutes. Switch sides. And keep on going until somebody scores.

Edited by thanes16

Lets face it the PK is not the ideal way to decide things, but soccer cannot be played forever…..It would get dangerous for players, 3 subs etc….If you start to mess with the 3 subs rule then teams like Germany,Italy, Brazil, Spain etc would have a big advantage with the type of bench that they have…...

I'm with Holliday on this, and i think most football fans in europe are quite happy with PK deciding games.

If you can't win after 120 mins its to bad, but you can't keep a game going forever.

That is just plain wrong, switching to horsepiss dutch beer. Must have been a ###### for letting you do that to :P

I'm with Holliday on this, and i think most football fans in europe are quite happy with PK deciding games.

If you can't win after 120 mins its to bad, but you can't keep a game going forever.

the player's body's just start shutting down and cramping. They cover anywhere between 7 - 10km in regulation I believe was the statistic I saw, and add 30 minutes on top of that.

I've always loved watching PKs at the end. The players are tired so the accuracy is a little diminished, it's just fun and nerve-wracking.