IIHF World Championships 2014

thewookie1

Has anyone seen how Myers has been playing?

I've seen a couple of Team Canada's game - He's been insignifcant, you wouldn't notice him on the ice if he wasn't as tall as he is.

Usually that's a good thing for a defenseman though, and I'm not sure what role Myers is supposed to play on this team, but I haven't seen him rush the puck, or do anything on offense so far.

So again, take your pick - He's been either brilliant, or invisible.

Edited by Kristian

There was never one in Buffalo? was there? Maybe with Washington?

Yeah, I looked up his numbers and he did see some time in Washington over two seasons before he headed back to Europe. What I didn't realize is that he was only 19 when we traded Varada for him. I figured he'd be well into his 30s by now but he's only 29.

Or he thinks too much.

Which is part of my point. Players can slow the game down because they don't have to think about it. They see a situation and in .0001 seconds their brains have calculated a set of possible outcomes. Myers brain seems to take longer to figure it out. This is just a theory but I don't think he can process the game at high speeds on a regular basis.

Which is part of my point. Players can slow the game down because they don't have to think about it. They see a situation and in .0001 seconds their brains have calculated a set of possible outcomes. Myers brain seems to take longer to figure it out. This is just a theory but I don't think he can process the game at high speeds on a regular basis.

This is why Lucic is so good. All he sees is the game because thinking isn't even a thing he does.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.