Buffalo Sabres 2014 offseason thread

Hoss

Figured we could start this up since the offseason technically already started. Here's an interesting article from the Buffalo News, despite them choosing the wrong headline entirely...

http://www.buffalone...sabres-20140429

Headline says that Stafford is likely to stay, but it's Ehrhoff's quotes that are actually important.

The 31-year-old is just three seasons into a 10-year contract signed in 2011. He has a limited no-trade clause, but the Sabres asked him to supply a list of teams to which he’d accept a trade. Nothing came of the talks, but there’s reason to believe chatter will begin again.

“I think if they want to move me, they can move me,” said Ehrhoff, who thinks he’ll be back next season. “So far, I do. We’ll see. Obviously, it’s not up to me and that remains to be seen.”

Whether he wants to be part of the Sabres’ rebuild is another matter.

“Um,” Ehrhoff said before taking a long pause. “I signed a long-term commitment with the team, and as long as they want me to be here I’m going to do my best for the team. That’s it.”

Ehrhoff led the Sabres with 27 assists and ranked fourth with 33 points in 79 games. His minus-27 rating was seventh worst in the NHL, and he often appeared uninterested as the season dragged on.

“It’s definitely tough with the season we had,” Ehrhoff said. “With a season like that, you’re glad to get it over with and start fresh with the new season.”

Some other notes that we've heard so far going into the offseason:

GM Tim Murray said that it's very likely that the team will buyout Ville Leino.

The Sabres lost the draft lottery and hold the number two pick.

Still awaiting the official results on the first condition of the Ryan Miller trade. If he resigns before the draft then the Sabres get St. Louis' first year this year and their 2016 third-round selection in exchange for St. Louis' second rounder this year back and our own third rounder.

If Ryan Miller resigns with St. Louis AFTER the draft then we get St. Louis' 2016 second-round pick.

Edited by Tankalicious

I give him a bit of a pass, it was a crappy season and next year looks like it too. I don't doubt that he'll put the effort in (at least when it looks like the games matter) next year. I know someone will start spouting about how good players blah, blah, blah, and they want him out of town. If you follow that logic, we'll see an entirely new USA Olympic Hockey team in 2018 since they entire team quit on the bronze medal game at Sochi.

Tankalicious. In his parent's basement. With the keyboard. :w00t:

Me. In my girlfriend's room. On my laptop.

(I do still live with my mother, but she's nice enough to let me sleep in an actual bedroom).

Edited by Tankalicious

Me. In my girlfriend's room. On my laptop.

(I do still live with my mother, but they're nice enough to let me sleep in an actual bedroom).

I your girl's room and you're posting on a hockey board? Now that's freaking dedication. :thumbsup:

I your girl's room and you're posting on a hockey board? Now that's freaking dedication. :thumbsup:

Finals week. She's pre-med. Means a lot of me watching hockey and her staring at books.

Edited by Tankalicious

Which Med Schools is she looking to apply to?

She's in the LECOM program. Has the option to go to Erie, Pittsburgh or Florida. Most here choose Erie or are forced there by their parents.