GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo 4-13-14 at 5:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

I've never seen a team that was down to its 5th and 6th goaltenders after choices 1 through 4 got hurt. On top of that this team will almost certainly set the modern record for offensive futility. This season can't end soon enough. ...I sure hope Tim Murray knows what the hell he is doing!

FUCALE!!

:censored:

Must win. :lol:

Thanks for your efforts this year, 26CB.

Oh and I'm fully expecting a hat trick from Leino tonight, haha

I'm expecting a broken leg from him :wallbash:

I got a feeling this guy is the closest thing to a Sabres albatros we'll ever see.

Edited by Kristian

I got a feeling this guy is the closest thing to a Sabres albatros we'll ever see.

Special greetings from the Lame-0 himself?

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres fans, we have a surprise for you! Our players will be greeting you in the arena pavilion starting at 2:45pm!

@BuffaloSabres

This is your chance to meet the Buffalo #Sabres players. Just inside the arena 2:45-3pm. No ticket required.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Special greetings from the Lame-0 himself?

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres fans, we have a surprise for you! Our players will be greeting you in the arena pavilion starting at 2:45pm!

@BuffaloSabres

This is your chance to meet the Buffalo #Sabres players. Just inside the arena 2:45-3pm. No ticket required.

Someone kidnap him.

@BNHarrington

Nolan says Knapp will start in goal and Makarov will back up.

Well then that's a total waste. They could have brought up the Amerks backup they just signed and have him sit on the bench.

They signed Mark Guggenberger from ECHL to play today for Amerks, but he just played last night in Gwinnett and has never played in AHL.

I don't understand the re-call of Makarov.

Let's face it the Amerks are in the playoff hunt. The Sabres have a game that is not important at all.

Let Makarov play for the Amerks and give Vinz that backup job again. What could happen...

a) Nothing. Knapp plays the game and Vinz is not needed

b) Knapp gets hurt and Vinz has to play.

Who cares if b) happens. This game is not important whatsoever. From a Sabres standpoint it should be way more important at the moment that the Amerks make the playoffs and that the Sabres prospects grow in a playoff series than having a backup goaltender who really is a goaltender.

I know I am probably the only one with the opinion but hell right now it doesn't matter if the Sabres win tonight or not.

It probably is the biggest game of the year. A win puts NY in 27th place and a loss puts them in 26th. A win can only be good! Edited by SabresfaninAlaska

Yeah, that's probably right. He'll probably get a meaningless hat trick and then trip into the boards and snap his spine, thus negating any possibility of a buy-out. :doh:

Well then that's a total waste. They could have brought up the Amerks backup they just signed and have him sit on the bench.

They signed Mark Guggenberger from ECHL to play today for Amerks, but he just played last night in Gwinnett and has never played in AHL.

The definitive word:

From the CBA, Exhibit 17-A NHL Goaltender Professional Try-Out Agreement:

(excerpted)

Club certifies that it is signing player to this Professional Try-Out Agreement in order to address a last minute injury, illness or League suspension that results in the Club not being able to dress two goaltenders for an NHL Game, and that effectuating a Recall is otherwise impossible (e.g., a Recalled Player could not possibly have arrived in time to participate in the Game due to travel).

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

In a season of WTFs, this is another giant WTF.

WTF???

It would have been makarov's third game in three nights.

And he will need some rest to help Rochester down the stretch.

The move actually makes sense on the Amerks front.

As for the Sabres, who the ###### cares?

It's been, uh, fun :unsure: everyone. But seriously, these threads and the others have kept me very entertained while the team has not been able to do so, and thank you all, and you're all wonderful. Even though I don't post that often, I read every day and look forward to an eventful offseason, where the Islanders defer so we can rely on their pick to tank while we put an entertaining team out on the ice next year!! (please oh please I hope this is the case)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.