GDT: Buffalo at New York Rangers 4-10-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

The Sabrez wouldn't look so bad if Ehrhoff played with some focus and passion. He looks brain dead out there.

Oh, before the internetz jumps in and blows my statement out of proportionz, I'm talking only degrees of "so bad"...I'm in no way suggesting they'd be a wildcard contender if Ehrhoff, alone, were playing like he's capable of.

You want him gone because he's checked out at the end of a season where the team iced an intentionally terrible roster that was historically bad? Ok. I want him on the Sabres.

Don't get me wrong, love the Sabres and following the sport but I am so relieved this season's almost over. It's been torture. I'm so sick of reading the descriptions of our team as "NHL-worst", "woeful", etc. Here's the latest indignity from The NY Post:

...the Blueshirts needed Rick Nash to rip a one-timer passed some goalie named Matt Hackett to save face...

Time after time, being a fan following this team this year reminded me of the dumb kid being sent to the corner in school. And we're being described as worst by these complete morons who can't even spell "past."

Edited by 716

I tell ya, I don't get no respect at all. And the Sabres don't deserve it either. They're dead men walking and that's hard to root for. There is a slight pulse shown by players like Girgensons but we need players who without any questions stand up for each other and fight.

https://www.youtube....h?v=m4qe4QcymLM

Edited by 716

Thoughts on seeing the game live.

Erhoff was horrible, wouldn't shoot... lazy getting back for the puck.

Leino is just soft, can't pick the puck out the corners or boards to save his life.

Conacher is too small and doesn't have enough to go against the big boys.

Risto is impressive, looked like he was double shifting some of the time last nite,

Weber had his best game all year, blocked three shots that really hurt.

Hacket played great even after taking a puck off net, shoulder?

What is wrong with Foligno, he just seemed off... still hurt or infected by Staphyl?

Stafford actually played hard in what seemed like limited time.

P.S. Though the Refs dominated the Sabres in the second period... the Rangers were slow passing the puck, Sabres played strong D and really they kept hitting Hacket in the chest. To his credit, he didn't give up many rebounds.

Stewart was tough and Mitchell looked decent, but glaring hole at center was evident. Guys couldn't get puck out of their own end in the 2nd period. Didn't help with all the cheap penalty call.

Girgenson caused lots of trouble, luv that guy!

Edited by Icehole

Conacher is too small and doesn't have enough to go against the big boys.

Thank you. I know he has Buffalo ties (Canisius) and all... but I don't want Conacher on my team next year. I've had enough of 165 lb. forwards who can't score. And, there is a reason Teddy demoted him to the 4th line.

Tim Murray agrees.

It's no coincidence we acquired Stewart, Fasching and Carrier at the deadline.

And Deslauriers. How can you overlook him?

Just for fun thought I'd toss this out.

Stewart: 6'2" 227lbs

Fasching: 6'3" 214lbs

Carrier: 6'2" 196lbs

Deslauriers: 6' 198lbs

Just for fun thought I'd toss this out.

Stewart: 6'2" 227lbs

Fasching: 6'3" 214lbs

Carrier: 6'2" 196lbs

Deslauriers: 6' 198lbs

How could I forget Deslauriers?

And the only way that kid is 198 pounds is if his bones are made of balsa wood.

He's built like an anvil.

Wikipedia has him at 6-1, 230. And that's about what he looks like out there.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

TM was not kidding when he said he was going to add size. It is something DR failed to do for 7 years.

Wikipedia has him at 6-1, 230. And that's about what he looks like out there.

Sabres say 6'1" 209lbs so either way he is a big boy.

I'm not motivated to look elsewhere, but me eyeballs think 220ish.

He very well could be. The real interesting part is the immediate infusion of size TM has made to the roster. The draft should be interesting as I feel that no one under 6' will be considered.

It was kind of confusing the way I said it. I was taking issue with wanting him gone, not saying he hasn't been mailing it in. (even though Ehrhoff mailing it in is still better than almost every other d-man)

Ehrhoff plays first defense pairing minutes on the worst nhl team with bloody rookies on his site.

Look at the pairings with him since the deadline.

Yeahh Risto is soo awesome but Ehrhoff is so bad. I have not seen all games since then, but when i watched a game he was playing as always with good positioning, good poke checks and nice shots from the blueline. He gets the great line against him. Weber, McBain and McCabe get the neutered minutes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.