Advice on skating and playing hockey

PASabreFan

:huh:

You do realize that there are a lot of processes that need around the clock attention, right?

Or should all furnaces &/or refrigerated &/or vacuum operations be shut down at midnight & restarted at 8 AM?

Not even going to mention that Wildnwooley's "clients" probably wouldn't mind being told to cross their legs for a few hours until the day shift can take over.

I get what you're saying, I just think there should be a better structure to shift scheduling with more use of swing shifts. 1-2-3 shift scheduling typically unfairly favors 1st shift. I think it would be better for workers to break the 24 hour cycle up into 4 x 6 hour shifts, pay them a little more, don't give lunches. 4am-10am, 10am-4pm, 4pm-10pm, 10pm-4am. I think workers are more productive on a 6 hour shift without a lunch than on an 8 hour shift with a lunch. 

I curled at Riverworks last night at 8, so afterwards I got some wings and watched D4rk skate a few shifts. Gotta say, made it feel much more attainable for me  :P .

I'd like to play someday, but its a fairly hefty investment. I should pick up some skates and see if I can still stand up on them this year; maybe next year I can consider it...

I curled at Riverworks last night at 8, so afterwards I got some wings and watched D4rk skate a few shifts. Gotta say, made it feel much more attainable for me :P .

I'd like to play someday, but its a fairly hefty investment. I should pick up some skates and see if I can still stand up on them this year; maybe next year I can consider it...

Did you see me almost fall getting on the ice for warm-ups? Jesus, I was a wreck for the first half of that skate until I started getting settled in.

Did you like our goalie wearing the 1970's leather Cooper pads?

Did you see me almost fall getting on the ice for warm-ups? Jesus, I was a wreck for the first half of that skate until I started getting settled in.

Did you like our goalie wearing the 1970's leather Cooper pads?

I once busted my ass, coming over the boards for my very first shift of the game. After that I knew I was glad I brought beer to the bench.

Just got done at Hockey Giant. Wow, what a store. The goalie section is amazing.

Verdict, you ask?

It appears that I'm going from Vapors in a 10EE to Supremes in a 10D. Threw some Superfeet yellows in them and they felt pretty stable. I think the lower foot fit is a lot better.

Put them on hold until tomorrow because I don't have time to sit and bake them tonight. But I think I'm going to get em.

Just got done at Hockey Giant. Wow, what a store. The goalie section is amazing.

Verdict, you ask?

It appears that I'm going from Vapors in a 10EE to Supremes in a 10D. Threw some Superfeet yellows in them and they felt pretty stable. I think the lower foot fit is a lot better.

Put them on hold until tomorrow because I don't have time to sit and bake them tonight. But I think I'm going to get em.

Supreme total one is still my favorite skate. Mine are 6 years old at this point. I'm really going to hate replacing them when the time comes.

Supreme total one is still my favorite skate. Mine are 6 years old at this point. I'm really going to hate replacing them when the time comes.

I've got some S170's on hold but I might check out the S180's tomorrow just to see what it feels like. They're a significantly lighter skate but I suspect I'll find the boot too stiff.

Edit: fixed the model numbers

Edited by d4rksabre

That is where the house is Im renovating near Amherst MA

But looks like one in New Rochelle

PS best store i ever checked out: [url=http://www.bertellisskateshop.com]http://www.bertellisskateshop.com[/url

in West Springfield... half liquor store on side...old school hockey.

Edited by North Buffalo

You guys will like this. I came back for the skates I put on hold last night but had this sneaking suspicion I wanted to go even smaller. I put on some 9.5's and...they fit. Somehow. Like a glove. Going to really thin socks seems to have made a huge difference. I think I'm going to be a lot more stable with a fit this close. What a world.

They have Pure Hockey in Buffalo now. The really impressive store is Hockey Monkey. They just opened one in NH. As large as a Wal-Mart, all hockey, including a massive goalie section.

Yup, we have a Pure Hockey in Buffalo as well as in Rochester. I've never been to a Hockey Monkey but it's on the list.

You guys will like this. I came back for the skates I put on hold last night but had this sneaking suspicion I wanted to go even smaller. I put on some 9.5's and...they fit. Somehow. Like a glove. Going to really thin socks seems to have made a huge difference. I think I'm going to be a lot more stable with a fit this close. What a world.

Try barefeet! till leather gets crusty its awesome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.