GDT: Buffalo at Calgary 3-18-14 at 9:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

131459917_slide.jpg

GAME #69: BUF (19-41-8) at CGY (27-34-7) – TUE MAR 18 – 9:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

88 Cory Conacher – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn – 19 Cody Hodgson

17 Torrey Mitchell – 23 Ville Leino – 27 Matt D’Agostini

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 37 Matt Ellis – 32 John Scott

X: 28 Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle), 24 Zenon Konopka (healthy)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

6 Mike Weber – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI), 57 Tyler Myers (elbow)

50 Nathan Lieuwen

31 Matt Hackett

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI)

Lineup News & Notes

F Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), F Chris Stewart (ankle), F 17 Torrey Mitchell (foot), D Alex Sulzer (LBI), D Tyler Myers (elbow), and G Michal Neuvirth were scratches in

Sunday's 2-0 loss vs Montreal.

Weekly Transactions

03/13: Assigned D Chad Ruhwedel to Rochester (AHL); Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel from Rochester (AHL).

03/15: Recalled D Rasmus Ristolainen from Rochester (AHL).

03/16: Recalled G Nathan Lieuwen from Rochester (AHL).

03/17: Recalled G Matt Hackett from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 3-7-0.

Tyler Ennis has two goals in the past three games.

CALGARY FLAMES CalgaryFlamesSmiley.png

Final Lineup

13 Mike Cammalleri ("A") – 20 Sean Monahan – 8 Joe Colborne

17 Lance Bouma – 11 Mikael Backlund – 32 Paul Byron

20 Curtis Glencross ("A") – 18 Matt Stajan – 16 Brian McGrattan

15 Kevin Westgarth – 39 TJ Galiardi – 58 Ben Hanowski

X: 24 Jiri Hudler (LBI), 54 David Jones (shoulder), 60 Markus Granlund (UBI), 51 Kenny Agostino (healthy)

7 TJ Brodie – 5 Mark Giordano ("C")

4 Kris Russell – 44 Chris Butler

3 Ladislav Smid – 56 Tyler Wotherspoon

X: 6 Dennis Wideman (UBI)

37 Joni Ortio

35 Joey MacDonald

Lineup News & Notes

Calgary scratched F Matt Stajan, F Jiri Hudler, F David Jones, F Markus Granlund, and D Dennis Wideman in Saturday's 3-2 loss at Phoenix.

G Karri Ramo (knee) is on IR.

Weekly Transactions

03/17: Signed F Ken Agostino (Yale University) to a two year contract; Assigned F Corban Knight to Abbotsford (AHL).

03/18: Signed D Brett Kulak from Vancouver (WHL) to a three year entry level contract.

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Calgary has gone 5-5-0.

Mike Cammalleri (4G/2A) and Mark Giordano (1G/4A) have four-game point streaks.

Mikael Backlund has three goals in as many games.

PREGAME LINKS

03/16 – GAME RECAP: LIEUWEN MAKES NHL DEBUT IN LOSS TO HABS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/15 – GAME RECAP: Coyotes edge Flames, pull even with Stars (Jerry Brown – NHL.com)

03/17 – Sabres' Lieuwen could get first NHL start vs. Flames (Brian Hunter – NHL.com)

03/17 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: SABRES SET OUT FOR ROAD TRIP HAMPERED BY INJURIES (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/17 – Stajans ready to move forward (Aaron Vickers – CalgaryFlames.com)

03/17 – Flames Today: 17.03.14 (Andrew Halipchuk – CalgaryFlames.com)

03/17 – Enroth feeling better than expected, not going on trip; Lieuwen staying put (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/17 – SABRES RECALL MATT HACKETT (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/17 – Game Preview: 3/18/14 at Calgary Flames (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/17 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media on Monday at First Niagara Center. <3:13>

03/17 – Bob Hartley comments on the return of Matt Stajan and who will be in the lineup tomorrow against Buffalo.<4:18>

03/17 – Matt Stajan comments on returning to the team since taking personal time.<2:49>

03/17 – Scouting Report: Buffalo Sabres (Aaron Vickers – CalgaryFlames.com)

03/18 – Goalie situation unclear with injuries; Lieuwen could start against Flames (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/18 – Sabres at Flames Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/18 – Press Clips: 3/18/14 at Calgary Flames (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/18 – Bob Hartley talks about the addition of Kenny Agostino to Calgary and tonight's game against the Sabres.<4:03>

03/18 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at Scotiabank Saddledome. <4:02>

03/18 – THE MORNING SKATE: LIEUWEN TO GET FIRST NHL START IN CALGARY (Kevin Snow – Sabres.com)

03/18 – Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome. <2:43>

03/18 – Brian Flynn speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at Scotiabank Saddledome. <1:01>

03/18 – Torrey Mitchell speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at Scotiabank Saddledome. <2:50>

03/18 – Cody Hodgson speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at Scotiabank Saddledome. <1:21>

03/18 – From flood ruins, Flames' rink rises again (Mike Harrington – buffalonews.com)

03/18 – Teppo Numminen speaks with Brian Duff prior to Tuesday night's game against the Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome. <1:14>

POSTGAME LINKS

03/19 – GAME RECAP: Sabres drop seventh straight in Lieuwen's first start (Kevin Snow – Sabres.com)

03/18 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Flames. <3:30>

03/18 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Flames. <2:19>

03/18 – Nathan Lieuwen speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Flames. <2:13>

03/18 – Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Flames. <1:59>

03/18 – Drew Stafford speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Flames. <2:13>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Is that Corey Tropp I see behind Myers in that GDT pic? I wonder how many other players of sabres past are in those pics? I'm betting lots!

PS: this roster is horrible looking.

This roster is beyond horrible. 6 maybe 7 are NHL players. It is what it is and at least we don't have to worry about a late season run. All things considered i am just fine with this roster until the end of the season.

McDavid or no McDavid i pray they put some resemblance of an NHL team on the ice next October. I can't take another year of "tank". I am tanked out.

Edited by sicknfla

This roster is beyond horrible. 6 maybe 7 are NHL players. It is what it is and at least we don't have to worry about a late season run. All things considered i am just fine with this roster until the end of the season.

McDavid or no McDavid i pray they put some resemblance of an NHL team on the ice next October. I can't take another year of "tank". I am tanked out.

Caution: You might want to check out for the 14-15 season. It's full speed ahead from FNC with the "Tank" strategy until after the '15 draft.

Caution: You might want to check out for the 14-15 season. It's full speed ahead from FNC with the "Tank" strategy until after the '15 draft.

I don't expect to be much better next year. I just hope we get to see more of our future playing here. Watching a team of waiver wire claims is not something this fanbase should have to endure for another full year.

As for the tank. We can't tank anymore. The tank is complete. We cannot possibly do anything more to make this team worse. I am tired of pictures of tanks, tank tops, etc. We are a professional sports organization for crying out loud. Where is the pride? No way can i spend another year joking about "tanking".

Plus i can't see checking out next year anymore than i have this year. That is the part that pisses me off. I can't watch this crap. And i miss it.

I don't expect to be much better next year. I just hope we get to see more of our future playing here. Watching a team of waiver wire claims is not something this fanbase should have to endure for another full year.

As for the tank. We can't tank anymore. The tank is complete. We cannot possibly do anything more to make this team worse. I am tired of pictures of tanks, tank tops, etc. We are a professional sports organization for crying out loud. Where is the pride? No way can i spend another year joking about "tanking".

Plus i can't see checking out next year anymore than i have this year. That is the part that pisses me off. I can't watch this crap. And i miss it.

I do feel your pain 'cause Tankin' Ain't Easy. :sick: Gotta believe that the Organ-EYE-zation is in prime position with a great prospect pool, a plethora of draft picks, and the right hockey guys to make the strategy pay off in the long run. Personally, I'm willing to endure another painful season with the ultimate goal in mind. So for me, it's Tank On Baby!

I do feel your pain 'cause Tankin' Ain't Easy. :sick: Gotta believe that the Organ-EYE-zation is in prime position with a great prospect pool, a of draft picks, and the right hockey guys to make the strategy pay off in the long run. Personally, I'm willing to endure another painful season with the ultimate goal in mind. So for me, it's Tank On Baby!

BTW, tank you for these GDT's.

We're eleven points down with fourteen games to go. The tide of battle has shifted in our favor as we've been regaining ground in recent battles. We are within sight of claiming victory in the long, horrendous Battle of 1314. The Sabres war machine has stepped up production to provide the latest technology at the fastest pace. We are now operating in total war and we will BURN EVERYTHING IN OUR WAY.

ONWARD! ENGAGE FLAME!

Volcano-Tank-Attack-In-All-Its-Glory.gif

1944_Attack_on_Peleliu_UNEDITE_b51079651fc7cf8d21cd805671118e6a.gif

Simpsons-HankScorpioFlamethrower.gif

Edited by IKnowPhysics

27 Matt D’Agostini – 23 Ville Leino – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

Ack. That line would look better with ANYONE ELSE at center besides Leino. Can John Scott take a faceoff?

Plus idk who their goalies even are,

McDonald was the backup to Jimmy Howard in Detroit. Perpetually on the AHL-NHL bubble. The other guy I don't know either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.