GDT: Buffalo at Florida 3-7-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I was pleasantly surprised by Deslauriers tonight. He's only listed at 6' but he looked huge out there. He finished some nice hits and wasn't afraid to shoot the puck. No idea if he'll actually be a good NHL player but I won't mind if he's a Sabre next season.

Neuvirth looked very good. Is there some rule on this team that we absolutely, positively do not want to score goals when our backup goalie is in net?

I really liked Bjugstad tonight for Florida. He was flying.

To be fair to Neuvirth, he's our co-starter. :P

I hope they keep Deslauriers up.

Conacher-Ennis-Stafford

Deslauriers-Hodgson-Foligno

Flynn-Girgensons-D'Agostini

Scott-Kenonpka-Ellis

Ehrhoff, Myers, Tallinder, McBain, Weber and Klesla on defense. (Might as well call up Klesla since he's an expensive vet and hasn't played in Rochester yet so it won't hurt them).

Conacher-Ennis-Stafford

Scott-Kenonpka-Ellis

Ehrhoff, Myers, Tallinder, McBain, Weber and Klesla on defense. (Might as well call up Klesla since he's an expensive vet and hasn't played in Rochester yet so it won't hurt them).

Did I hear correctly that nobody has heard from Klesla yet? Rochester hasn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he elects not to report.

They had to have had at least given this a consideration when they made the trade in terms of conditions. Then again, it's probably an issue neither team thinks is high on the priority list. I'd like to see if he has anything left in the tank.

Did I hear correctly that nobody has heard from Klesla yet? Rochester hasn't.

The only thing mentioned was that he hadn't arrived in Rochester yet. Working to get his family there and might be there Saturday. Or in Buffalo.

Edited by Tankalicious

I really don't understand why the Sabres are penalized heavily for everyminor iinfraction? Last night in Blues/Preds all five guys were wrestling around after Backes made a little contact with Rinne (outside the crease no less) and only two of em even got penalties? One from each team with the Pred player getting an extra two?

In the Caps - Flyers game Simmonds should've been called for third man in when he held Fehr for Vinnie and he got 2 + 2. There is no justice.

15-2 in penalty minutes not counting the game misconduct.

Final tally, Buffalo - 27 minutes, Florida - 4 minutes. Good to see the refs called this one pretty even.

Conacher-Ennis-Stafford

Scott-Kenonpka-Ellis

Where's Ville ?

I starting to think I sound like a broken record, but I can't understand why Leino is put anywhere near any of the top lines, or any line at that. Knowing that he is the Sabres highest paid forward is sickening. At the rate he's going, he's going to make around $125,000 per shot on goal.

Final tally, Buffalo - 27 minutes, Florida - 4 minutes. Good to see the refs called this one pretty even.

Where's Ville ?

I starting to think I sound like a broken record, but I can't understand why Leino is put anywhere near any of the top lines, or any line at that. Knowing that he is the Sabres highest paid forward is sickening. At the rate he's going, he's going to make around $125,000 per shot on goal.

Considering his salary, Leino has to be the worst signing ever for this franchise.

Didn't earn him any stars in my book either.

Truly a cluster###### signing, if ever there was one.

Sometimes I wonder if the team would have paid so much if it were known that he would play wing. I don't think it would have.

Considering his salary and the fact that he lied about his willingness to play at the position he was hired to play, yes.

I thought that turned out to not be true and that was the way the media spun it when they moved him to wing. When someone actually got around to asking him about it, IIRC he said that he thought they should have left him at center longer because he was finally getting it.

But whatever, he's still terrible.

Do you really want refs to call games "even"? Now, I didn't see the game — I'm sure the edict came from biased league offices to put the screws to Buffalo. They don't want a small market in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.