Jaroslav Halak and a third-round 2015 draft pick to the Capitals in exchange for goaltender Michal Neuvirth and Rostislav Klesla.

Brawndo

Total d1ck move.

You don't have to retire Miller's number, but you can unofficially retire it for a while by keeping others away from it. The guy just spent a decade as the backbone of our team.

How long did it take for John Tucker (amid others) to wear 7?

And the 3rd-round pick from us.

Shoud be "Halak and a 3rd to Washington for Neuvirth and Klesla"

Edit: no 6th

I know right!?!?!? Man if this was my thread I would have fixed it by now. Chz must have partied last night.

Neuvirth has only worn two numbers that I could find: 30 (most of the time) and 1 (for a recent conditioning stint in Hershey). One of those was occupied.

I wonder how many ppl will run out to get their #30 Miller Jerseys switched to #30 Neuvirth jerseys?

I know right!?!?!? Man if this was my thread I would have fixed it by now. Chz must have partied last night.

I wonder how many ppl will run out to get their #30 Miller Jerseys switched to #30 Neuvirth jerseys?

Yes. Yes I did.

How's that?

This trade makes more sense to me after sleeping on it and admitting that we weren't really going to get dick for Halak. But this trade isn't about Halak, it's about acquiring Neuvirth. Mid-level goalies historically trade for a 2nd rounder (see Noronen, Biron). This trade is a 3rd round pick for Neuvirth, so Caps make up the difference by taking Halak. They need to move Klesla's salary to stay under the cap, so we take it on.

We really didn't get dick for Halak, but we used him to pry down the price of acquiring Neuvirth at a little bit of a bargain and needed to take back some rental salary.

I'm ok with that.

This is the one deal that I'm sorta confused on. It seems like he bent over for McPhee. Rostislav Klesla? - Yuck. And paying them a third....geesh. I like Neuvirth a bit, but the trade seems like we gave up....too much lol.

I think the part in this deal that a lot of people are missing is by the looks of it we were very close to getting nothing for Halak and being stuck with a UFA who didn't want to be here. The ancillary pieces of this trade (Klesla, 3rd rounder in 2015) are the premium we had to pay in order to get something for Halak instead of 15 meaningless starts the rest of the year.

While not a superstar goalie prospect like Gibson, Neuvirth is only 25, has decent stats and is locked up for another year. He has the size in goalies that GMTM has stated he was looking for. We can give him a season and a half try-out to see if he could be a useful piece going forward. At the minimum we don't have to worry about picking up goaltending during our 2015 tank season.

You don't always have to fleece the other team.

I think the part in this deal that a lot of people are missing is by the looks of it we were very close to getting nothing for Halak and being stuck with a UFA who didn't want to be here. The ancillary pieces of this trade (Klesla, 3rd rounder in 2015) are the premium we had to pay in order to get something for Halak instead of 15 meaningless starts the rest of the year.

While not a superstar goalie prospect like Gibson, Neuvirth is only 25, has decent stats and is locked up for another year. He has the size in goalies that GMTM has stated he was looking for. We can give him a season and a half try-out to see if he could be a useful piece going forward. At the minimum we don't have to worry about picking up goaltending during our 2015 tank season.

You don't always have to fleece the other team.

Neuvirth basically was Gibson a few years ago, he was supposed to be their #1 guy until he got hurt and lost his job because Holbty and the other goalie played better in his absence.

he has the ability/potential to be a good #1 if he can get back on track. Personally I think this was one of the better moves made because it isn't one where we have to wait multiple years to see anything at the NHL level.

Neuvirth basically was Gibson a few years ago, he was supposed to be their #1 guy until he got hurt and lost his job because Holbty and the other goalie played better in his absence.

he has the ability/potential to be a good #1 if he can get back on track. Personally I think this was one of the better moves made because it isn't one where we have to wait multiple years to see anything at the NHL level.

Do we still have the same Goalie Coach we did with Miller?

I didn't compare them at all. Please manufacture your outrage for someone else. My point was that I didn't like it that even one of MLB's all-time great players (Rivera) wore a number that was honored, retired, reserved and associated with one of the most important players in the history of the game. I don't see Rivera as disrespectful, but I think it cheapens the gesture of retiring that number. If the Sabres team and the players around it don't think it's a bit soon to re-use the number of the departed 2nd best goaltender in franchise history, no big deal. I am entitled to my own opinion and if I were in the locker room I might ask Neuvirth to hold up.

Mo wore 42 before MLB retired it in 1997. Anybody already wearing it was allowed to keep wearing it. Mo was the last one, and no one will ever wear 42 in MLB again.

No. The guy wears 30. Ryan Miller didn't want to sign a contract with Buffalo and people need to realize that. There are no other explanations necessary. The team is what it is. It's his right to leave but he never had to do it. He makes the choice so why should I feel a moment's remorse for him being gone? Neuvirth gets 30 and the rest of the world can bite it. No one complained when Moulson took 26.

lmao right right

Seriously, how old are you? Son, you really need to grow up. It is really apparent by the way you follow me around and bitch every time I offer an opinion.

Yeah I'm the childish one. Just keep telling yourself that.

He has 16 thousand posts. He follows everyone around... :flirt:

Hands... Touching hands... Reaching out... Touching me.... Touching youuuuuu

Mo wore 42 before MLB retired it in 1997. Anybody already wearing it was allowed to keep wearing it. Mo was the last one, and no one will ever wear 42 in MLB again.

Fair 'nuff. I did not realize that the number was retired that late. I think some franchises other than just the Dodgers and Mets had done so, prior, but you're right.

@BuffaloSabres

New #Sabres goaltender Michal Neuvirth will wear #34.

And I'm sure this hurts nobody and pleases a couple people. Again, not a bad move and if Neuvirth is cool with it, it's a nice gesture to your new teammates.

Plus, if you're new here, why not give people a little less ammunition to compare you to the last guy?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.