GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa 2-6-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

455664285_slide.jpg

GAME #58: BUF (15-33-8) at OTT (25-21-11) – THU FEB 6 – 7:30PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

23 Ville Leino – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 19 Cody Hodgson – 27 Matt D'Agostini

84 Phil Varone – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 65 Brian Flynn

32 John Scott – 24 Zenon Konopka – 37 Matt Ellis

X: 17 Linus Omark (healthy), 82 Marcus Foligno (healthy)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 52 Alexander Sulzer

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 4 Jamie McBain

6 Mike Weber – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

X: 57 Tyler Myers (LBI)

1 Jhonas Enroth

30 Ryan Miller

Lineup News & Notes

D Tyler Myers, F Ville Leino, and F Zenon Konopka were scratches in Wednesday's 5-1 loss vs Pittsburgh.

F Cody McCormick (UBI) and F Matt Moulson (UBI) are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

02/03: Placed F Matt Moulson (UBI) on IR; Activated F Drew Stafford from IR.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 2-6-2.

Drew Stafford has goals in each of Buffalo's past two games and six points in the past five.

OTTAWA SENATORS Ottawa_Senatorss.png

Final Lineup

9 Milan Michalek – 19 Jason Spezza ("C") – 93 Mika Zibanejad

16 Clarke MacArthur – 7 Kyle Turris – 6 Bobby Ryan

14 Colin Greening – 15 Zack Smith – 25 Chris Neil ("A")

89 Cory Conacher – 24 Stephane Da Costa – 22 Erik Condra

X: 28 Matt Kassian (healthy)

2 Jared Cowen – 65 Erik Karlsson ("A")

3 Marc Methot – 62 Eric Gryba

46 Patrick Wiercioch – 5 Cody Ceci

X: 4 Chris Phillips (LBI), 77 Joe Corvo (healthy)

41 Craig Anderson

40 Robin Lehner

Lineup News & Notes

Ottawa scratched D Chris Phillips, F Matt Kassian, and D Joe Corvo in Wednesday's 5-4 SO win at St. Louis.

Weekly Transactions

02/06: Activated F Mark Stone from IR and re-assigned him to Binghamton (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Ottawa has gone 4-3-3.

Jason Spezza has seven points in Ottawa's past five games.

PREGAME LINKS

02/06 – GAME RECAP: SABRES UNABLE TO HOLD BACK PENGUINS ATTACK (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/05 – GAME RECAP: Blues fall short in shootout loss to Senators (Louie Korac – NHL.com)

02/05 – Senators face must-win game vs. slumping Sabres (John Kreiser – NHL.com)

02/06 – Instinctive game has allowed Sabres’ Tyler Ennis to showcase more offense and grit (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

02/06 – Game Preview: 2/6/14 at Ottawa Senators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/06 – Sabres at Senators Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/06 – Press Clips: 2/6/14 at Ottawa Senators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/06 – Gameday Journal: Game 58 — Sabres vs. Senators (Chris Lund – OttawaSenators.com)

02/06 – Dan Dunleavy and Brad May preview Thursday night's game against the Senators at Canadian Tire Centre. <4:19>

02/06 – Paul MacLean speaks with media before tonight's game against the Buffalo Sabres. <4:47>

02/06 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Thursday night's game against the Senators. <2:59>

POSTGAME LINKS

02/06 – POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators (NHL.com)

02/07 – GAME RECAP: LATE GOAL DOWNS SABRES IN OTTAWA (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/06 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 3-2 loss to the Senators. <3:26>

02/06 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss to the Senators. <2:28>

02/06 – Henrik Tallinder speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss to the Senators. <1:48>

02/06 – Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss to the Senators. <1:56>

02/06 – Jhonas Enroth speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 loss to the Senators. <2:15>

02/06 – Drew Stafford speaks with Brian Duff and Brad May following the Sabres 3-2 loss to the Senators. <3:28>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Probably, but he shouldn't. How does that help us if we're trying to trade him tomorrow?

Just give Enroth the start and play it safe. Of course, the Sabres generally do stupid things so.....

Just an fyi, I heard it mentioned during last night's game that Miller had asked TN to allow him the option of playing tonight if he so chooses. I think Miller wants to use tonight's game as a final tune-up for Sochi if he feels it necessary.

Just an fyi, I heard it mentioned during last night's game that Miller had asked TN to allow him the option of playing tonight if he so chooses. I think Miller wants to use tonight's game as a final tune-up for Sochi if he feels it necessary.

That's interesting, but I want Nolan and Murray making decisions that put the Sabres first, not Ryan Miller.

I don't want "Ryan wanted to" to be a factor in their decisions at all.

After last night's game:

http://audio.wgr550.com/hosting/media/wgr550/1275168/miller-postgame-0205.mp3

(Right at the end of the clip)

Paul Hamilton: "Are you playing tomorrow or no?"

Ryan Miller: "I don't know yet"

PH: "Would you like to?"

RM: "If they need me to play, I'll play."

Edited by Assquatch

That's interesting, but I want Nolan and Murray making decisions that put the Sabres first, not Ryan Miller.

I don't want "Ryan wanted to" to be a factor in their decisions at all.

That would be nice. Not sure why Nolan is such a Miller apologist, regardless of the level of team in front of him last night Miller let in a couple soft goals.

After last night's game:

http://audio.wgr550.com/hosting/media/wgr550/1275168/miller-postgame-0205.mp3

(Right at the end of the clip)

Paul Hamilton: "Are you playing tomorrow or no?"

Ryan Miller: "I don't know yet"

PH: "Would you like to?"

RM: "If they need me to play, I'll play."

eff him, he can't leave soon enough for me.

Probably, but he shouldn't. How does that help us if we're trying to trade him tomorrow?

Just give Enroth the start and play it safe. Of course, the Sabres generally do stupid things so.....

I'm thinking that letting up less than a 5 spot may not help his trade value. He let up a bunch against Colorado recently and now 5 to Pitt. Those are good teams but if he can pull out a 1 goal against that may help any trade potential. Of course you are right in there is the risk of injury.

I'm thinking that letting up less than a 5 spot may not help his trade value. He let up a bunch against Colorado recently and now 5 to Pitt. Those are good teams but if he can pull out a 1 goal against that may help any trade potential. Of course you are right in there is the risk of injury.

If their are worried about the risk of injury, he should have been moved at the first offer being brought up to them. You can't wrap him up in bubble wrap and hope he doesn't get injured while waiting for someone to make a deal for him.

If anything, sitting him til someone makes you an offer for him isn't going to help his trade value at all and will probably have the opposite effect and lower the offers you will get for him.

If their are worried about the risk of injury, he should have been moved at the first offer being brought up to them. You can't wrap him up in bubble wrap and hope he doesn't get injured while waiting for someone to make a deal for him.

If anything, sitting him til someone makes you an offer for him isn't going to help his trade value at all and will probably have the opposite effect and lower the offers you will get for him.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.