Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Invite me to the party. He's going soon.

I do think he should be traded. I want Murray to get value. I happen to think he has a lot of value in this market.

I'm going to miss thread after thread filled with speculation about what Miller wants, what Miller is thinking, what Miller's wife wants, what Miller's wife's career means for Miller, if Miller is good in the locker room, if Ryan Miller is bad in the locker room, etc.

I'm going to miss thread after thread filled with speculation about what Miller wants, what Miller is thinking, what Miller's wife wants, what Miller's wife's career means for Miller, if Miller is good in the locker room, if Ryan Miller is bad in the locker room, etc.

Who cares what he wants. He's a goalie. :lol:

Can you just admit that it's significantly lower than Miller's? That was the point. I knew the answer.

I don't have anything to "admit." I don't actually know the stat off the top of my head, and I don't care. I'm not a part of your Enroth/Miller dance. I think Miller should and will be traded.

Edited by Tankalicious

I don't have anything to "admit." I don't actually know the stat off the top of my head, and I don't care. I'm not a part of your Enroth/Miller dance. I think Miller should and will be traded.

Then why did you bring it up?

Miller is 30th in goals FOR per 20 minutes (in 5v5 over 1000 minutes). Obviously getting no run support. Only Cory Schneider and Reto Berra have it worse.

So, approximately 1.5 goals per game for Miller and 1.3 goals per game for Enroth. Considering the Sabres are averaging 1.97 goals per game, who is the lucky goaltender that gets all the support? :angel:

The team is only averaging 1.8 goals after you subtract out goals awarded for shoot outs so how significant could difference between Miller be? Bigger then the difference between shots against when each goaltender plays?

The team is only averaging 1.8 goals after you subtract out goals awarded for shoot outs so how significant could difference between Miller be? Bigger then the difference between shots against when each goaltender plays?

Miller 1.91 GPG support

Enroth 1.53 GPG support

We were talking about 5v5 stats...

Not sure why anybody would use 5v5 goal support as a talking point.......... but OK.

And this season one of those things they can dow with Miller in net they can't seem to do with Enroth in net is win :P

EXACTLY. An already anemic offense gets worse when it has to worry more about defense. You, my man, have touched it with a needle.

You guys do get that the team can play a more aggressive offense in front of Miller, right? Lack of offensive talent aside, the team can do things with Miller in net that it can't with Jhonas.

Nope. Not possible. Because they have the same players in front of them, the team plays with the identical game plan both offensively and defensively, as is evidenced by the lowered offensive output when Jhonas is in between the pipes.

Nor is it possible that by facing tougher competition, Miller also might face tougher shots.

The only variable that is significant is that Enroth doesn't get to play as often as Miller does. Otherwise they would both be completely interchangeable.

:wacko:

Nope. Not possible. Because they have the same players in front of them, the team plays with the identical game plan both offensively and defensively, as is evidenced by the lowered offensive output when Jhonas is in between the pipes.

Nor is it possible that by facing tougher competition, Miller also might face tougher shots.

The only variable that is significant is that Enroth doesn't get to play as often as Miller does. Otherwise they would both be completely interchangeable.

:wacko:

Come to think of it, their uniforms do look quite similar.

You can guys keep scraping the bottom of that barrel. Eventually you'll find something that sticks simply by chance.

You guys do get that the team can play a more aggressive offense in front of Miller, right? Lack of offensive talent aside, the team can do things with Miller in net that it can't with Jhonas.

That would mean the offense was less productive for Enroth last year, and the year before. Is this the case? Or did Enroth magically become worse during the offseason?

You can guys keep scraping the bottom of that barrel. Eventually you'll find something that sticks simply by chance.

That would mean the offense was less productive for Enroth last year, and the year before. Is this the case? Or did Enroth magically become worse during the offseason?

miller is better than enroth. Suck it up and deal with it

I've stayed away from this thread, but is this really the debate here?

Good lord.

I'm just looking for a substantial case to be put on the table. I never start these threads, I never bring them to the top. Nor do I even mention Miller in GDT's. Hell, I've gotten deragatory private messages from people for simply responding to Miller threads even though I wasn't even the one to start it. Yet for some reason people go into attack mode against me whenever the topic comes up. For a forum that claims to be so analytical, precise and logical, emotion seems to throw all that out the window whenever I ask for specifics and facts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.