Confirmed: Sabres Acquire Winger Linus Omark from Edmonton

26CornerBlitz

Members of neo-Nazi groups use the number 88 as a sort of signal to one another. H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, and 88 stands for "heil Hitler" among the loonies.

That said, I've never heard of anyone in any sport changing his/her number because of this. Lindros wore it, and it's pretty common among wide receivers in the NFL.

Really? Not wanting people to use it because of that, when most people don't even know what it means, is BS.

49, 50, 59, 62, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 73, 75, 79, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 91, 92, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 have never been worn by a Sabres player.

My favorite numbers are 7, 16 and 24. Two of those happen to be retired by the Sabres.

Edited by DStebb

I missed the game, how did Linus look this evening?

Ahhh Back on topic: Positive: His offensive game showed with a couple of scoring chances and also some very nice passes that led to scoring chances. Negative: Took a bad penalty early to give the Bruins a PP and their 1st goal. Would like to see him be harder on the puck.

Ahhh Back on topic: Positive: His offensive game showed with a couple of scoring chances and also some very nice passes that led to scoring chances. Negative: Took a bad penalty early to give the Bruins a PP and their 1st goal. Would like to see him be harder on the puck.

For sure, with the puck he looked pretty solid. Very crisp passer. Tape to tape. He played with Porter and Ellis so his chances were limited but as the game went on and he started to create on that line, he was moved with better players once Porter got injured. He also didn't see any PP time until late in the game which i was disappointed in. I knew he would struggle on 5v5 and be limited, as he hasn't even practiced with the team yet (Sabres had no morning skate due to Celtics game) but thought he could do some damage on the PP. As Omark said on Sabres.com "hockey is still hockey just different teammates".

The penalty he took was bad though. Just a lazy play by Omark. The Bruins scored on that PP.

Thanks. I'll be sure to catch the next one. Does he look like an improved version of Ennis by chance?

No, Ennis is by far the better player to me.

However, consider that this was only his first game with the team. I'm open minded; I think he will improve. I will say that the work ethic was there. He skated hard, played good defense. Yeah, he wa guilty on the hook, but it was embellished by the Bruin who held onto his stick a bit. Not a heinous penalty but the Bruins did score so it looks bad.

I think it's okay that he didn't have a huge impact. Look at all the players who scored in their first game in the blue & gold and weren't with the team a year later.

This is the perfect spot for him. If he's NHL caliber, we'll see it soon. If not, he'll at least be able to say he got his shot.

Edited by Doohickie

He's already done more than D'Augustini.

Incorrect. He drew a penalty that led to a critical goal. D'Ags has done a helluva lot more positive than that.

After sitting on it a few days, I will say this: Nolan had done a pretty good job of sorting out the lines and establishing some team chemistry. In the second Bruins game, though, suddenly that chemistry was gone. Was the insertion of Omark? I think that played a part in it. He might have a lot of talent but maybe he just doesn't play well with others. We'll see.

Incorrect. He drew a penalty that led to a critical goal. D'Ags has done a helluva lot more positive than that.

After sitting on it a few days, I will say this: Nolan had done a pretty good job of sorting out the lines and establishing some team chemistry. In the second Bruins game, though, suddenly that chemistry was gone. Was the insertion of Omark? I think that played a part in it. He might have a lot of talent but maybe he just doesn't play well with others. We'll see.

Yea, let's blame our historically bad offense on Omark.

Team scores 8 goals in 2 games and fans quickly forget that we had only scored 2 of less in the last 12 of 14 games.

More likely the loss of Hodgy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.