Mike Robitaille - Retiring at end of Season

LGR4GM

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres

Veteran broadcaster Mike Robitaille announces on @SabresHotline he will retire following the 2013-14 season.

Robitaille began his #Sabres broadcasting career in 1980 when he was hired to be a color commentator and analyst.

I will honestly say I will miss his commentary and his ability to say flatly the team played like garbage. I also will miss his passion after games.

Brad May is joining the Broadcast team this year on a part time basis and full time next season after Roby is gone.

@SabresPR

Brad May on joining #Sabres broadcast: “I was honored to have been offered this job and I’m happy to be back in Buffalo.”

@SabresPR

May:“It’s exciting to see my career come full circle.I was drafted by the Sabres 23 years ago and now I’ll have the opportunity to come back

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Go out on your own terms Mike. Let's hear them all this year...hotter than a dog's breath, mixed up like a hounds breakfast, tougher than chinese arithmetic, seen more meat on a butcher's apron, even knock 'em into queersville!

...and my favorite (which he used often when referring to Rob Ray scoring a goal), "Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then." I will miss Roby.

Brad May is joining the Broadcast team this year on a part time basis and full time next season after Roby is gone.

@SabresPR

Brad May on joining #Sabres broadcast: “I was honored to have been offered this job and I’m happy to be back in Buffalo.”

@SabresPR

May:“It’s exciting to see my career come full circle.I was drafted by the Sabres 23 years ago and now I’ll have the opportunity to come back

Awesome. Love Brad.

It will be sad to see Roby go. I love his perspective.

Veteran broadcaster Mike Robitaille announces on @SabresHotline he will retire following the 2013-14 season.

Robitaille began his #Sabres broadcasting career in 1980 when he was hired to be a color commentator and analyst.

I will honestly say I will miss his commentary and his ability to say flatly the team played like garbage. I also will miss his passion after games.

I hope May is allowed to fulfill Roby's role of Presenting a Sliver of Objectivity. I have a feeling he will — and maybe made it a condition of employment. Enough homers already.

I will miss Roby! It won't be the same with both him and Rick gone. It's probably just a coincidence that he announced his retirement almost immediately after a crappy Buffalo performance in the season opener.

If the "rebuild" (or whatever) takes long enough, there may be more longtime Sabres alums (players and staff) gone before the promised winning of the Cup comes to be. I'll probably be retired and living in South Carolina by then. (6 years from now for anyone keeping score).

• 4 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.