"We Always Loved the Sabres" World Premiere!

PASabreFan

Thanks for the bump Chz. This was a lot of fun to do. My only hope is that someday I'll get to perform it live, complete with Miley Cyrus twerking all up on me while wearing the new third (actually, that would be the only way I would perform it live).

Bump.

Would ur number be 69 or 71?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can heartily recommend Swamp.

Not sure there would be much interest in a song geared towards a 2007 cup run... I wish the guy would have at least sent me the tracks. The vocals were recorded by the guy who sang the Sabres parody to the Immigrant Song on WGR. Dude has some pipes.

Anywho, the video has been flushed down the dumper. It just sucked. Jo is going to create an "album cover" graphic that will display when the song is being played on YouTube. Hopefully with a wider audience, someone will answer the call to make a nice video.

Which leads me to an odd question. Does anyone remember exactly how Rhett Warrener used to kiss Dom's helmet? I reference it in the song, but I can't find a video or photo. I think he just gave a peck on the forehead of the helmet. Also, it was the 2001 playoff run, right, not 99?

If anyone has a game on tape from that time period, could you take a look after a win? They almost always showed The Moment.

Edited by PASabreFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I created a simple, yet (I hope) subtly cool, "album cover" to show while the song is playing on YouTube. What about dropping in a modern Sabre, in color, to the black and white celebration, say between 29 and 16 on the left side? It would tie the eras together and look neato. If I find a good image, anybody have the Photoshop chops to pull it off?

post-136-0-87529700-1392744585_thumb.jpg

I created a simple, yet (I hope) subtly cool, "album cover" to show while the song is playing on YouTube. What about dropping in a modern Sabre, in color, to the black and white celebration, say between 29 and 16 on the left side? It would tie the eras together and look neato. If I find a good image, anybody have the Photoshop chops to pull it off?

post-136-0-87529700-1392744585_thumb.jpg

Looks neat! Was the separation of "we" and "always loved the Sabres" on the crawler intentional?

Looks neat! Was the separation of "we" and "always loved the Sabres" on the crawler intentional?

Yeah, the "We" is coming around for another pass!

As a follow up, I'd like to take a crack at doing my impression of Ted Black doing his impression of Ethel Merman on, "There's No Business Like Po' Business", and dedicate it to the 3rd jerseys......

I don't listen to Ted anymore. Did he really do this? I'm pretty sure I would hunt down that clip.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.