Deluca-GM for a day

JJFIVEOH

Deluca, here is your chance! In my opinion you seem to disagree with everything the Sabres do, and you contradict most everything that posters suggest on this board. That's perfectly fine, I have no problem with that. We all have our opinions and ideas; it creates discussion. So I would like to see what you would propose if you were GM for a day. What would your team look like if you could create one? Think of it as being a fantasy team owner except that you are the only one in the league so you have every player at your disposal. I'd like to see your version of a full opening day roster, try to stay within the confines of the salary cap, let's keep it realistic. ;)

LW

C

RW

D

G

Personal callout posts in threads are lame. Personal callout threads are ridiculous. It's about the post folks, not the poster. Let's all put our big boy pants on. We should be better than this.

Oh, great. Another thread about Deluca.

Well done.

Deluca, here is your chance! In my opinion you seem to disagree with everything the Sabres do, and you contradict most everything that posters suggest on this board. That's perfectly fine, I have no problem with that. We all have our opinions and ideas; it creates discussion. So I would like to see what you would propose if you were GM for a day. What would your team look like if you could create one? Think of it as being a fantasy team owner except that you are the only one in the league so you have every player at your disposal. I'd like to see your version of a full opening day roster, try to stay within the confines of the salary cap, let's keep it realistic. ;)

LW

C

RW

D

G

As GM my first order of business is to name you Assistant GM. As my assistant I need you to put together a list of all draft eligible players for the 2014-2015 and 2016 drafts. i will also need a listing of all potential UFA's and RFA's for those same years.

Get to work. :thumbsup:

As GM my first order of business is to name you Assistant GM. As my assistant I need you to put together a list of all draft eligible players for the 2014-2015 and 2016 drafts. i will also need a listing of all potential UFA's and RFA's for those same years.

Get to work. :thumbsup:

Great, so I'm in charge of the rebuild? Prepare for 4-5 years of suffering then. :P

Deluca sucks.. he hasn't even won a cup.. loser. Did you see him at his press conference? of course not, he's afraid to do one.. that's why there wasn't one.

I heard other GM's are mocking his draft strategy to only target players who can fulfill the role of Oompa Loompa's in the next Hollywood reboot of Willy Wonka.

He thought he was overvaluing his players but then someone told him that they pay salaries in US dollars, not AUD. (BTW: AUD is the former home of the Sabres, if you were a real fan of the game you'd know that and wouldn't confuse it with Australian Dollars.. or was that the owner for a day?)

All I know is we're going to suffer..

Oh.. and you should have signed FUCALE... I don't even know why I said that.. this board.. it does things to you.

Deluca sucks.. he hasn't even won a cup.. loser. Did you see him at his press conference? of course not, he's afraid to do one.. that's why there wasn't one.

I heard other GM's are mocking his draft strategy to only target players who can fulfill the role of Oompa Loompa's in the next Hollywood reboot of Willy Wonka.

He thought he was overvaluing his players but then someone told him that they pay salaries in US dollars, not AUD. (BTW: AUD is the former home of the Sabres, if you were a real fan of the game you'd know that and wouldn't confuse it with Australian Dollars.. or was that the owner for a day?)

All I know is we're going to suffer..

Oh.. and you should have signed FUCALE... I don't even know why I said that.. this board.. it does things to you.

Looks like I incurred the wraith of Jerry LTSullivan.

Personal callout posts in threads are lame. Personal callout threads are ridiculous. It's about the post folks, not the poster. Let's all put our big boy pants on. We should be better than this.

Well done.

I don't see this as a personal call out thread. I see this as a thread where De Luca can lay it down and make it a little more clear to us younger folk what he is talking about more specifically.

And JJ wants to see your roster.

I don't see this as a personal call out thread. I see this as a thread where De Luca can lay it down and make it a little more clear to us younger folk what he is talking about more specifically.

And JJ wants to see your roster.

I do that every day. If you youngsters can't keep up maybe a "No Poster Left Behind" thread is in order. possibly pinned.

Well, the way I see it Chz is correct. This isn't meant as a call out. I rarely see Deluca agree with anybody or anything (that isn't meant to be a knock in him) so I am curious as to what he thinks would be the ideal lineup. He obviously follows hockey in-depth whether you agree with him or not, so it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a full roster that is Cap compliant.

I'm not the kind of person to stoop to calling people out on a forum, at least not to the point of starting it's own thread. Hell, maybe other people could post their idea of an ideal roster. There's still two months to go before the season starts, there's certainly nothing wrong with coming up with something different to talk about.

What is the point of compiling a "dream" roster? How would this prove anyone's GM acumen?

I think a better exercise would be compiling a roster that includes players in the organization, plus players that have changed teams in the past few seasons -- maybe since the February 2011 trade deadline -- ie 3 trade deadlines and 3 off seasons. The roster would have to be under the cap. And any traded-for players would have to have been acquired for realistic compensation -- no Roy-for-Malkin deals.

Maybe I'll get started on this later...

What is the point of compiling a "dream" roster? How would this prove anyone's GM acumen?

I think a better exercise would be compiling a roster that includes players in the organization, plus players that have changed teams in the past few seasons -- maybe since the February 2011 trade deadline -- ie 3 trade deadlines and 3 off seasons. The roster would have to be under the cap. And any traded-for players would have to have been acquired for realistic compensation -- no Roy-for-Malkin deals.

Maybe I'll get started on this later...

Oooo!!! I like this game :) gimme some time to think.

Well, the way I see it Chz is correct. This isn't meant as a call out. I rarely see Deluca agree with anybody or anything (that isn't meant to be a knock in him) so I am curious as to what he thinks would be the ideal lineup. He obviously follows hockey in-depth whether you agree with him or not, so it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a full roster that is Cap compliant.

I'm not the kind of person to stoop to calling people out on a forum, at least not to the point of starting it's own thread. Hell, maybe other people could post their idea of an ideal roster. There's still two months to go before the season starts, there's certainly nothing wrong with coming up with something different to talk about.

For what it's worth, I find myself agreeing with Deluca at least, hmm,… 87-92% of the time.

For what it's worth, I find myself agreeing with Deluca at least, hmm,… 87-92% of the time.

That took ballz with this anti DeLuca crowd. I'll follow your lead. An awful lot of what he has to say makes perfect sense to me as well. Frankly I don't get the hate thats thrown his way regardless of what he has to say. Opinions vary. Its kind of childish.

I agree with deluca...on hockey...quite a lot more than I disagree. If memory serves, he agrees with me on probably the majority of my hockey views. So, I think the premise is flawed.

Since this is the summer, and, really, nothing will mean anything, not even pretend GM moves, for another two months, I'd rather see this thread be about DeLuca: Head Chef for a Day, and he could provide the best Pico de Gallo he could come up with. I'm certain it won't beat mine, but, I'd be willing to throw down on that...

It's not anti-DeLuca. It's what makes the most sense and how would you compile a team of checkers, scorers, shutdown with existing and other players around the league that fit under the cap.

Deluca makes it seem so easy. It's not.

Archived