Sign in to follow this  
darksabre

The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Your right near Kissing Bridge. Has there been any skiing there at all this year?

The hills look like there are a bunch of people lately, sadly, I don't know how to ski. 

I went to Swain 2 years ago and after a day there I was able to do some basic stuff on very beginner hills, but I am planning on formal lessons next winter. I've also considered shorter ski blades, as I can skate fairly well and was told that those remeble ice skates the most. 

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The hills look like there are a bunch of people lately, sadly, I don't know how to ski. 

I went to Swain 2 years ago and after a day there I was able to do some basic stuff on very beginner hills, but I am planning on formal lessons next winter. I've also considered shorter ski blades, as I can skate fairly well and was told that those remeble ice skates the most. 

If you can skate, you can ski. Just rent a shorter pair of skis and remember not to try a crossover. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, I did it. I qualified for the NASTAR National Championship in Aspen, CO. Meaning I'm am OK beer league alpine ski racer. 

I'm really in a big fish, small pond scenario and I'm most definitely going to get absolutely smoked in the top division in Aspen, but oh well. I'm in.

Screenshot_20200211-144350_Yahoo Mail.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

On 2/5/2020 at 9:42 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My first 2 sport workout today, did a mile swim in 55 minutes and then pounded out a 5k in 29 minutes right after. Tomorrow a 15 mile cycle on the trainer. 

Followed this up with a 14oz strip steak and broccoli. Feel good and tired all at once. 

Also this is my new setup for winter cycling, not all that exciting, but a good way to train properly. 

20200115_231913.jpg

Woody, how do you like that trainer set-up? I've been debating doing this with my road bike. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Woody, how do you like that trainer set-up? I've been debating doing this with my road bike. 

Honestly, it's probably the best way to keep the authenticity of a true cycle. It's not as fun as being outside, but it does a good job of keeping it very accurate. I have a fan I put on myself work the workout and pop the TV on and cycle away to whatever is on. 

I like the fluid trainers as you use your own gears to shift and the fluid mimics resistance quite well, and my kinetic road machine (the one I have here) has a built in power meter to give me accurate Mph/distance/watts etc. For about 279$ or so, I think it was a great purchase, especially for the winter to train and stay in cycling shape. 

Separately, I just ran 8 miles and kept my best pace since I've started of 10:15/mile. I love seeing improvement when training, I was even keeping my heart rate in the upper 150,s for most of it! 

One step closer to that Ironman 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Honestly, it's probably the best way to keep the authenticity of a true cycle. It's not as fun as being outside, but it does a good job of keeping it very accurate. I have a fan I put on myself work the workout and pop the TV on and cycle away to whatever is on. 

I like the fluid trainers as you use your own gears to shift and the fluid mimics resistance quite well, and my kinetic road machine (the one I have here) has a built in power meter to give me accurate Mph/distance/watts etc. For about 279$ or so, I think it was a great purchase, especially for the winter to train and stay in cycling shape. 

Separately, I just ran 8 miles and kept my best pace since I've started of 10:15/mile. I love seeing improvement when training, I was even keeping my heart rate in the upper 150,s for most of it! 

One step closer to that Ironman 

ebay is littered with used ones, so maybe that's the route I'll go.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

ebay is littered with used ones, so maybe that's the route I'll go.

Look for the road machine smart 2, that's the ticket, and grab a front riser ring too, I like my bike to be even lol 

• Like (+1) 1