The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

32 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Only in my dreams ...

?

Cmon NS, come down and train with me ?

24 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I've been doing this sprint 4 mile ride, just to do a hard ride. Takes me 17 minutes, but Ive been cutting time off. 

Thought about it, that's more than a four minute mile. So those running a four minute mile could pass me! That's crazy, as I feel I'm flying, can't imagine someone running past me at that time. 

There are some intense and insane athletes, def not the way I'll ever be wired, it's certainly impressive to see, but man!!! I had bike splits of 5 miles yesterday of 16 min or so and I was still being passed easily! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Cmon NS, come down and train with me ?

There are some intense and insane athletes, def not the way I'll ever be wired, it's certainly impressive to see, but man!!! I had bike splits of 5 miles yesterday of 16 min or so and I was still being passed easily! 

Thanks, Woody, that sounds dreamy.

My wife has offered the same thing.  I think I will try that first.  Sorry ... ??

On 8/6/2020 at 6:03 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's funny, yesterday there were so many people in 10k dollar bikes that I passed and at the end a guy on a 300$ diamondback passed me lol. 

What a Fred.  :D

Today I did 37 miles.  That's not outstanding, even for me, but considering how much I *haven't* been riding until recently, it was respectable.  I stopped riding regularly when we bought our house two years ago.  One bike in particular has been neglected:  My commuter bike.  I know because it's had a flat tire since we moved in.  So I took it out today for the first time since we moved into this house.

Along the way I decided to shoot some pics of murals and sign art along the Hemphill corridor, a street that was recently restriped with bike lanes.

mtuyZgcbc4cYbFfECPOyltopl_9Xphe5XV5AdEQ1

3fH_mrwk7wovmzsyrQneI6xMgqCaBUWH273jXtHQ

QKc5f08pzlai6xkDB0cyGswPJgEAThI_aSJbXsBT

j6-1TX-1eTObQts2wBUgkOflDsYUk2AnjZ8wR0tl

0kB5HtY0MsrXkdQodq4knp3tt38w1kEoKp-nD5G8

• Like (+1) 2

On July 30, 2020 at 8:22 PM, ubkev said:

Lower back tip that I'm finding works. Remind yourself periodically to keep your shoulders relaxed. Roll em back. Head up spine straight and most importantly engage your abs. Lightly flex your belly button to your spine. It takes some practice but it seems to be pretty helpful.

This really helped. I tighten my stomach muscles whenever my back starts getting tired. Thanks :) 

• Like (+1) 1

It can be.  If you have the money to spend, it usually is.  I have 5 bikes, but they ranged in price from free (literally out of a dumpster) to $300.  I've put a lot of time and effort into modifying them to my tastes, but that comes gradually.

I managed to get 40 miles in today, first time I've done 40 in quite a while. No murals this time.  I rode out to the new campus of Tarleton State University on the edge of Fort Worth.  

Q6zwwU53eCOwoyBcejmhbeWPkNOs8HpPoV2-UccXoqs-2048x1152.jpg

When I say edge, I mean edge.  This is the view from the parking lot:

DsK20-dFpelZt-Scz7TukpFEq8HRgLTeSFWFES9853g-2048x1152.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

So in new events, I partially tore my achilles, had the podiatrist look today and I now have to shut down most of my training and have to pull out of the 70.3 in 3 weeks, huge bummer! I'll be sporting a walking boot for 3 weeks and need a repeat ultrasound to see how it's repairing, I can still swim and bike but I'm not feeling enthusiastic at the moment. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So in new events, I partially tore my achilles, had the podiatrist look today and I now have to shut down most of my training and have to pull out of the 70.3 in 3 weeks, huge bummer! I'll be sporting a walking boot for 3 weeks and need a repeat ultrasound to see how it's repairing, I can still swim and bike but I'm not feeling enthusiastic at the moment. 

Total ***** bummer, bro. Sorry man.

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Look at it this way, at least your achilles injury is from working too hard. You pushed, it pushed back. Rest up and come back at it as committed as ever.

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Thanks guys, I can't really do anything different at this point, so I'll have to suck it up and deal, a total rupture would be much much worse. Limping around the hospitals is gonna be awful for the next month 

Too bad its not time to take vacation again... 3 weeks of sitting on a beach.  ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.