Draft Day 2013

spndnchz

Of course.

But I'm definitely not one of those people. Jason Pominville is my favorite Sabre that I've ever watched in my time as a sabres fan (12 years or so) and I was extremely pleased with that move.

I was VERY excited about Zack Kassian but love that trade.

I was EXTREMELY pleased with the picks of Grigorenko and McCabe.

haha didn't say you were one of them

Zadarov says he is NHL ready and i believe him :D

Anyone else see that spark in his eyes when he said he loves to hit.

Darcy said he won't be in the NHL this year, and Zadorov certainly isn't ready.

Ristolainen might be and Darcy indicated he's on track to be

Lol, absolutely no faith in Ruhwedel. I think you'll be surprised in the fall.

Yep.

Yep. And not pleasantly. Rudy is the kind of player that only gets a spot on bad teams. He's Porter/Flynn/Ellis/McCormick on defense. I'd rather they throw McNabb to the wolves and see if he makes it out ok than see Rudy in the lineup.

Myers (23) - Ehrhoff (31)

Pysyk (21) - Weber (25)

McBain (25) - Ruhwedel (23)

McNabb (22) - Ristolainen (18)

Average age of defence core: 23.5

Barring any trades for actual NHL hockey players, there's no way anybody is convincing me the plan is something other than "tank for draft picks" next season.

Barring any trades for actual NHL hockey players, there's no way anybody is convincing me the plan is something other than "tank for draft picks" next season.

I put Mcbain down as 25 because he was born in '87, but if we go by the age of his arteries it is probably closer to 35, so that pulls the average up...

Yep. And not pleasantly. Rudy is the kind of player that only gets a spot on bad teams. He's Porter/Flynn/Ellis/McCormick on defense. I'd rather they throw McNabb to the wolves and see if he makes it out ok than see Rudy in the lineup.

Absolutely, Rudy was nothing more than a stop gap.

Maybe we'll "tank" our way all the way to the 7th overall pick in 2014!

I won't be shocked if Vanek or Miller is still here to start the season. And what is Ehrhoff still doing on this team? Does he really want to spend the rest of his prime years on a terrible, last place team? And couldn't the Sabres actually get something for him?

If we're trying to bottom out, we're still doing it wrong.

I won't be shocked if Vanek or Miller is still here to start the season. And what is Ehrhoff still doing on this team? Does he really want to spend the rest of his prime years on a terrible, last place team? And couldn't the Sabres actually get something for him?

Said in another thread I'd consider shopping him. He could easily be our best trade chip.

I don't know about that. He's a rookie who jumped into the fray and outperformed the vast majority of the Sabres defense. Very small sample size, sure, but it does say something for someone to be able to go directly from college to the NHL without really losing a step. I just don't see what you have against him to label him as a depth d-man with a low ceiling after a very limited window to watch him play. Did you follow him in college? Did he have a bad reputation? All I have to base my judgement on is the handful of games he played with the team, which he played very well in.

I'm not saying he's an immediate top pair can't-miss guy, but just don't see why you feel so strongly that him making the team is out of the question. I guess i'm just optimistic until he shows me a reason not to be.

Man, a quiet offseason would really do you a world of good.

I don't know about that. He's a rookie who jumped into the fray and outperformed the vast majority of the Sabres defense. Very small sample size, sure, but it does say something for someone to be able to go directly from college to the NHL without really losing a step. I just don't see what you have against him to label him as a depth d-man with a low ceiling after a very limited window to watch him play. Did you follow him in college? Did he have a bad reputation? All I have to base my judgement on is the handful of games he played with the team, which he played very well in.

I'm not saying he's an immediate top pair can't-miss guy, but just don't see why you feel so strongly that him making the team is out of the question. I guess i'm just optimistic until he shows me a reason not to be.

Put the shoe on the other foot. With such a small sample size, why do you feel so strongly that he will make the team?

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me (and after recent events i now expect) Miller and Vanek to be here for next season, without signing extensions. We will trade Vanek/them at the deadline

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.