Alain Vigneault fired by Canucks

spndnchz

Canucks just fired all their coaches.

Do you think Vigneault would have been a good fit here?

Do you think he would have taken the job if offered?

My responses to the above: No and maybe not.

Vigneault is a coach that I've always thought of as most like Ruff.

I'm not sure they'd want Ruff.

Actually should Torts get fired, I wonder .........Ruff was a Ranger.

Schoney is also in the NY organization.

Vigneault is a coach that I've always thought of as most like Ruff.

I'm not sure they'd want Ruff.

Actually should Torts get fired, I wonder .........Ruff was a Ranger.

Schoney is also in the NY organization.

You think the Rangers brass and ownership really care that he played for them decades ago? You might be mistaking that franchise for their distant cousin upstate.

I honestly don't think he'd be a good fit here if we're rebuilding--from what I've read, working with flawed young players wasn't his strength (not to mention Hodgson is our best center...so yea). Nothing against him as a coach, just don't think the fit would be right. And to be honest, I'm not sure he'd take it anyway, at least not before exploring other options.

That said, it's a travesty Vigneault gets canned and Gillis is still in place. I honestly think Gillis is more incompetent than Regier. He's completely mishandled his goaltending situation and overseen the gradual decay of the 'Nucks roster, and has also managed to put together a nearly entirely bare pipeline. Just bad.

You think the Rangers brass and ownership really care that he played for them decades ago? You might be mistaking that franchise for their distant cousin upstate.

Only Buffalo cares so much about their former players. The nepotism is a pretty big reason we're up to our necks in the soup. I may be wrong but I think the market for Lindy Ruff might not be so hot. However, I can see a coaching career path going from Florida to Buffalo to Columbus but that's about it.

Kassian would love it.

GO SABRES!!!

They have spent the last decade picking up guys from Buffalo that Lindy mismanages.....I would be shocked if he hired him.

I really can't see NY hiring Lindy either. If you fire Torts, you don't bring in a guy who is a less concentrated version of him. I think Lindy would stroke out having to deal with NY on a daily basis.

Why the hate? He was really succesfull and nearly won a cup. Yeah i know this is worth nothing, but i would like to see him on the Sabres bench. Ronnie is not really my type.

Why the hate? He was really succesfull and nearly won a cup. Yeah i know this is worth nothing, but i would like to see him on the Sabres bench. Ronnie is not really my type.

sorry, i was being sarcastic. I'd take Vigneault or any coach with a successful track record.

I don't understand this? I presume he met with Nill when Nill fired him and did he see Ruff at a fired coaches support group or something?

Sorry. Canucks met with Gulutzan.

Dallas' Nill met with Ruff and Vigneault.

Archived