Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

I can't wait until the show finally has the Dany lesbian scenes.

I personally can't wait until they reveal that Little Finger is really Rhaegar Targaryen in disguise! He then gets on his dragon that he has been hiding under the Eyrie and fly's over and marries Daenerys to combine their armies.As they are flying back they see the white walker army and finally learn that the white walker king is none other then Stannis who has the ability change his appearance at will!

hah this thread is full of spoilers already :D

My post was a failed attempt at being a wise-ass.  I apologize if it offended anybody or gave people the impression that things were being spoiled.  My post was nonsense and it's not even in the books.  

It was meant to be a comment on the strange amount of real spoilers in the thread.  So, again I apologize.  There is no bone drake that I know of in the books... it was a joke.  Is it a spoiler to apologize and admit that what you acted like was a spoiler is actually not a spoiler?  Now I'm confused.

Sorry all lol.

hah this thread is full of spoilers already :D

Yeah, I haven't read most of the thread as to not ruin it for myself. Since I'm still a season behind it's only my fault. But I have caught a few things here and there in this thread that I wish I hadn't. But, being a series where somebody is killed in almost every episode, just seeing a picture of an ad or the first seconds of a commercial spoils some of it just by seeing who is still alive. 

Now, I did get up to episode 32 last night where Joffrey died, that made my day! I figured that punk would be around forever. 

Good news everybody. George RR Martin on the next installment of ASOIAF, 'Winds of Winter' says he believes he can finish it before next season's show.

"Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about how quickly I can finish, but I cancelled two convention appearances (San Diego Comic Con and World Convention), I'm turning down a lot more interviews - anything I can do to clear my decks and get this done," he told Entertainment Weekly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-george-rr-martin-doing-anything-he-can-to-get-new-book-the-winds-of-winter-out-before-next-hbo-series-10293516.html

Edited by WildCard

Yeah, I haven't read most of the thread as to not ruin it for myself. Since I'm still a season behind it's only my fault. But I have caught a few things here and there in this thread that I wish I hadn't. But, being a series where somebody is killed in almost every episode, just seeing a picture of an ad or the first seconds of a commercial spoils some of it just by seeing who is still alive. 

Now, I did get up to episode 32 last night where Joffrey died, that made my day! I figured that punk would be around forever. 

That's exactly how I knew that Joffrey died. I saw the photo of his nasty dead face, but I kind of assumed that he somehow survived until I actually saw the episode. I had already watched the Red Wedding prior to watching the entire show, but it still shocked me. It's an odd feeling knowing that what you're watching is completely fake and you know what's about to happen but STILL hoping it changes.

That's exactly how I knew that Joffrey died. I saw the photo of his nasty dead face, but I kind of assumed that he somehow survived until I actually saw the episode. I had already watched the Red Wedding prior to watching the entire show, but it still shocked me. It's an odd feeling knowing that what you're watching is completely fake and you know what's about to happen but STILL hoping it changes.

That was a bad episode to have seen a spoiler. I know exactly what you speak of, I saw the picture (I forget where) right after I watched the episode. May have been on IMDB when I was looking somebody up. 

You, sir, have no imagination then ;-).

Have you read them?  They're pretty reluctant on Dany's part.  For a scene to be sexy the character has to want it.  The Asha/Qarl scenes are probably the best in that respect.

And among the things you do not know, is how to spell Jon Snow  :P

Have you read them?  They're pretty reluctant on Dany's part.  For a scene to be sexy the character has to want it.  The Asha/Qarl scenes are probably the best in that respect.

And among the things you do not know, is how to spell Jon Snow  :P

That's why I'm a dumb puck :-P.

I still image Dany as being a lot hotter than the actress they got to portray her in the show with.  Then again, I'm trying not to think about what age she is actually supposed to be lol.

That's absolutely hilarious.  The show really is much better when the best part is on display: The casting/acting and the writing isn't there to get in the way of my brain's enjoyment.

Seeing Varys do the bl0w-j0b face at 1:44 (which is in reference to Little Finger and Lysa Tully) without verbal context is effing hilarious.

Edit: Certain acts of oral sex are apparently not message board material.  To be fair, the board wasn't really created with threads of this subject matter in mind.

Edited by qwksndmonster

So here's how bad it's gotten: there is a GoT podcast on Grantland that I like called "watch the Thrones" in which a couple of TV critics discuss each episode with a couple of Grantland writers who are hardcore GoT fans. They are filming the podcast live in Brooklyn next week in front of a studio audience. I told my son about it and he explained to me that it would not be cool at all for me to attend with a bunch of 20-something hipsters and be the oldest guy there.

So here's how bad it's gotten: there is a GoT podcast on Grantland that I like called "watch the Thrones" in which a couple of TV critics discuss each episode with a couple of Grantland writers who are hardcore GoT fans. They are filming the podcast live in Brooklyn next week in front of a studio audience. I told my son about it and he explained to me that it would not be cool at all for me to attend with a bunch of 20-something hipsters and be the oldest guy there.

It's okay, embrace your inner nerd. Your son is just worried he may end up like this one day :p

What a terrible episode.  Daznak's pit scene was terribly mishandled.  I didn't know why anything was happening, nor why it was important at all.

Tonight's episode spoiler

Stannis burning Shireen?  ###### ######.  Total, utter, terrible, horseshit.  They've never been able to write Stannis in the show.  I thought they were finally getting it this year, but clearly they were just letting him have some "good scenes" to amp up the shock value.  Hey, Mr. King, I know that she's your heir (your ONLY heir), but you gotta burn your daughter.  Because Ramsay ###### Snow is too talented of a tactician for you and burning your daughter is the only way that you're going to beat him.

And why was the Daznak's pit scene so boring?  It was super slowly paced.  When it finally came time to ride Drogon Dany just slowly got on while he continued to sit still next to the men that were JUST lobbing spears at him.

This show is great one week, and sucks the next.  Except this season it's been mostly suck.

Edited by qwksndmonster

What a terrible episode.  Daznak's pit scene was terribly mishandled.  I didn't know why anything was happening, nor why it was important at all.

Stannis burning Shireen?  ###### ######.  Total, utter, terrible, horseshit.  They've never been able to write Stannis in the show.  I thought they were finally getting it this year, but clearly they were just letting him have some "good scenes" to amp up the shock value.  Hey, Mr. King, I know that she's your heir (your ONLY heir), but you gotta burn your daughter.  Because Ramsay ###### Snow is too talented of a tactician for you and burning your daughter is the only way that you're going to beat him.

And why was the Daznak's pit scene so boring?  It was super slowly paced.  When it finally came time to ride Drogon Dany just slowly got on while he continued to sit still next to the men that were JUST lobbing spears at him.

This show is great one week, and sucks the next.  Except this season it's been mostly suck.

Last week was the best episode they ever did.  This week has me back to wondering if the show runners understand why the books are good.  

Note to GOT writers: Good storytelling requires realistic actions and motivations by your characters; it doesn't mean find any means possible to make something horrific happen.

Last week was the best episode they ever did.  This week has me back to wondering if the show runners understand why the books are good.  

Note to GOT writers: Good storytelling requires realistic actions and motivations by your characters; it doesn't mean find any means possible to make something horrific happen.

After this week I'm back to forecasting a Dexter-esque decline in show quality for the last few seasons.

And why didn't Jon snow mention to anybody in the Night's Watch what happened at Hardhome, and why the Wildlings need to be here?

I really should start reading the books , just feel like alot of the characters are raped by the tv show.

After this week I'm back to forecasting a Dexter-esque decline in show quality for the last few seasons.

And why didn't Jon snow mention to anybody in the Night's Watch what happened at Hardhome, and why the Wildlings need to be here?

I thought the same thing. I kept saying to my wife, "why doesn't he even mention what happened with the white walkers at the Wildings village?" It was like it never happened. To me that would be something important to tell. UGH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.