SabreSpace meetup?

Eleven

Fat Bob's?

Cobblestone, but I'd check if they're open for away games (nice big screen put in)

Fat Bob's might not be a bad idea at all! Long bar, food, some measure of anonymity. Good call.

If it ends up being in the Northtowns I'll see you there.

You can make it down to Virginia place. Have a beer or two; no one has to stay the whole night. Chz has a good, central idea there.

Depends, do you want the Sabres to be on TV?

You don't have to wear your Depends. If you need to, fine, but I do know this place and it does have bathrooms.

For those unfamiliar with Fat Bob's, it's a barbecue joint. For those who have lived in the South, well, umm, it's a pretty good mock-up of a barbecue joint. It's on Virginia Place (NOT Virginia Street, which intersects; that's important); right next to a bar called Mother's, where Mogilny used to pound vodka and smoke packs of cigarettes at a time. It is not my favorite place in the world, but it isn't my least favorite by any means, either, and it's a great suggestion. Lots of beers, lots of whiskies, and generally a good time. And a long bar with lots of televisions.

What say to the Ottawa game a week from tomorrow? Come for the "HI! My Name Is Eleven" stickers (I promise that won't happen. I mean it.); stay for a period or two?

EDIT: And oh, as long as your significant other is ok with the fact that you spend dorky amounts of time on a hockey message board, bring him or her, too.

Tuesday, Feb. 12. Sabres at Ottawa. Fat Bobs, 41 Virginia Place. 7pm. At the bar, every person for herself/himself/itself (see, Drane? I'm being inclusive).

Who is in?

Thanks. The problem is really that I'm far -ish away and depending on the night I probably wont be able to come. I'll try to if it's possible.

Understood. This is short notice and maybe more geared towards the locals.

I might be able to make it. I will try to make arrangements to be there. It's a nice idea, for sure. I just want to warn everybody that I'm not the REAL Yuri Olesha, so don't bring your Zavist or Ne Dney Byez Strochki copies, because I won't sign them anymore.

I love his posts ....

Tuesday, Feb. 12. Sabres at Ottawa. Fat Bobs, 41 Virginia Place. 7pm. At the bar, every person for herself/himself/itself (see, Drane? I'm being inclusive).

Who is in?

Wish I could make it, but I'm out. I'll be interested to hear the post game report of internet personas meeting reality though!

This is a great idea Eleven, there are enough NC/SC/VA posters that a SS tailgate for the next game down here might be worthwhile.

Wish I could make it, but I'm out. I'll be interested to hear the post game report of internet personas meeting reality though!

This is a great idea Eleven, there are enough NC/SC/VA posters that a SS tailgate for the next game down here might be worthwhile.

We did it once before at a bar that Tom Webster owned/managed/controlled/something. It was fun but I was only able to stay for a little while.

I won't make it, too many LittlePommerFans running around to leave them all with LadyPommerFan while I drive to buffalo for a game watch.

Should do one of these at Donnelly's in Fairport.

You're from Fairport? Have we had this convo? I drink too much.

Being an out of towner sucks for something like this unless you do a weekend game and give us a chance to make the trip.

By the way what constitutes "light heavy drinking " ? Miller Light Pounders(16 oz) ?

Took 47 posts for someone to catch that!

Took 47 posts for someone to catch that!

Well I am a "light heavy drinker" myself so I couldn't let it pass.

So whats up with this week day night choice ? You know I made the Webster meet and I would do my best to make another but it has to be a weekend

Who is in?

To quote Gene Wilder as Dr. Frederick Frankenstein ("That's FrankenSTEEN"), "It......could.....work!!" Actually, Fat Bob's is just on the other side of Main from my office, so... :beer:

Archived