All about Scandanavia, Norway, geography, the price of chicken in France et al.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Well, if you want to split hairs, Scotland and Ireland are a part of the British Isles, yet their native tongues are not English. There's Gaelic and Scottish Gaelic. However, given the very long and very turbulent history between the English, the Scots, and the Irish, both Scotland and Ireland are bilingual. I hazard to guess that there are some people in both Scotland and Ireland who resent the presence of the English. (What makes it even worse is that Scotland and England are connected to the same landmass like Finland and Sweden are - so there's no real way that they can get away from each other. If you think the War Between the States was bad, North and South have nothing on the centuries-long acrimony between Finland & Sweden or Scotland & England.)

I love when someone changes their username and then when you click on their profile to see who they are, you see that just about everyone else has done the same thing.

I love when someone changes their username and then when you click on their profile to see who they are, you see that just about everyone else has done the same thing.

So, did you figure it out? I didn't. :blush:

On a related note. Rumors are that Norway continues to reject membership in the European Union for the sole reason that the exclusion of Norway on the Euro coins makes Sweden and Finland look like a ###### and balls.

8715.jpg

That's some outstanding work...

Now to the neglected topic of the title, the price of chicken breasts in Paris is $12.28 kg per Numbeo.com... That seemed like a lot but.... For comparison purposes, breasts cost $8.20 kg in Buffalo (kg, that Canadian measurement thingy), $12.51kg in Helsinki (aka the nuts of 'Navia), $11.94 kg in Stockholm (named after a famous syndrome), $18.05 kg in Oslo (they must figure chicken causes cancer to price it that high), $15.13 kg in Reykjavik (where all their breasts come naturally frozen) and $17.58 kg in Quebec City (Parisian wannabees)

Now to the neglected topic of the title, the price of chicken breasts in Paris is $12.28 kg per Numbeo.com... That seemed like a lot but.... For comparison purposes, breasts cost $8.20 kg in Buffalo (kg, that Canadian measurement thingy), $12.51kg in Helsinki (aka the nuts of 'Navia), $11.94 kg in Stockholm (named after a famous syndrome), $18.05 kg in Oslo (they must figure chicken causes cancer to price it that high), $15.13 kg in Reykjavik (where all their breasts come naturally frozen) and $17.58 kg in Quebec City (Parisian wannabees)

God Bless Wegmans' Chicken Farms.

Why is the money converted to an American unit (unless it's another country's dollar), but the weight isn't? Lazy website. I really don't want to divide that by 2.205.

So, did you figure it out? I didn't. :blush:

I thought it was obvious since the avatar was the same...

Think about alway injecting politics when it's not necessary.

For some reason, when I saw the new name and then the number of posts, I knew right away it was XC before I even clicked to double-check.

Not just me, I guess. ;)

So sue me. I'm kinda slow. :P

I keed, I keed. :)

He had a knew one when I saw it. Now the old one is showing up again though. I guess its time to refresh the work computer.

Huh, you're right; I still had the old one on my iPad last night, but here I see the new one. Well that would be confusing for sure. I wonder if Tepponater has anything to do with the ex-Sabre?

A rasher is part Canadian bacon (the loin), but unlike Canadain the Brits leave the fat on. It's pretty good. Bangers are sausage, surely you can't be saying that you can't have sausage and bacon on the same plate, right?

Huh, you're right; I still had the old one on my iPad last night, but here I see the new one. Well that would be confusing for sure. I wonder if Tepponator has anything to do with the ex-Sabre?

Yes, it is. Too bad no one on World of Warcraft has publicly figured it out.

Think about alway injecting politics when it's not necessary.

Give me a break! I don't always do that. Even the rest of the peanut gallery knows this.

Archived