If You Could Choose a Team To Play For

millbank

Torts would bench you during the pre-game skate for getting all up in his shi-ha :P

Nah...he's a lot like Parcells....they scare the crap out of a lot of guys, but if you know where they are coming from, they will trust you...look for your input...and work with you. Both those guys are giant softees at heart who harden themselves to keep the riff-raff in line.

Well, in the early 70's they had a bunch of traveling salesmen as their other goalie. Around 74, or 75 (I think Dryden took off the 73 - 74 season to finish Law School, or something) and the bunnyman showed up and he was pretty much as good as Dryden. So, for the million $s, I'll guess that your cousin is the waskelly wabbit ... Michel "Bunny" Larocque.

I always wondered whether or not the brain cancer affected his play in the 80's and what happened beyond. It is a shame his son never really made it....

Los Angeles Kings. Great weather, women everywhere. and I'm a millionaire? Game set match!

But then you have to live in LA, boo. If you want that weather, maybe something more like San Jose; you'll know that you're never going to win a cup but there's more interesting stuff around in SF. Other choices: Toronto, where you'll be a millionaire and a superstar. NYC, where you'll be a millionaire and no one will know who you are. Philly is (surprisingly) like a bigger Buffalo; big enough for there to be things to do, but neighborhood-y where you get to know people. Passionate, if meatheaded, fans.

The New York Rangers. Just to see the tears in my dads eyes when his son puts on his teams sweater.

Plus it's way easier to get the suits I like in NYC. Fits my lifestyle.

However, contract being equal...Sabres baby!

1- sabres baby

2- the leafs..weak team but your boy wants to be a star

3- the habs...good times until the montreal rave scene would interfere with my play and I would get chased out of town

4- detriot- class of the league, enough said

5- phoenix.. don't need the fame, millions to blow and proximity to vegas would be good enough for me

Growing up in Buffalo, how could any kid escape the dream of playing for the Flyers or Bruins?

GO BILLS!!!

:w00t:

1- sabres baby

2- the leafs..weak team but your boy wants to be a star

3- the habs...good times until the montreal rave scene would interfere with my play and I would get chased out of town

4- detriot- class of the league, enough said

5- phoenix.. don't need the fame, millions to blow and proximity to vegas would be good enough for me

Judging by your SabreSpace name I would have thought you would have listed Detroit, or Montreal, first ... :P .

I always played for the sabres. Mini sticks,road hockey,floor hockey tournaments ( Where we played for the stanley can ) and shinny on scout or star lakes. The jersey may have been different but in my mind it was always the sabres.

Even though I highly dislike them(we should never hate anything in sports), I would want to play for the Boston Bruins. They are known as a big bruising team. Plus, who doesn't want to have Chara and a bunch of cheapshots backing me up?

The Sabres first and foremost...

Then, the Canadiens. Montreal is an awesome city, an awesome hockey city and has fabulous history. During the 70's, watching any game played at the Forum was like watching a game in heaven. History exuded from the walls of the building and caused visiting teams to doubt their talent. The Bell Centre is not quite so intimidating, nor are the current Canadiens, but the pride and history are still there.

Lastly, Chicago. Pre-expansion, they were always my favorite team. When Chicago Stadium got rolling (as it often did), the crowd screaming and the massive pipe organ shaking the stands, there was no place like it. I've only visited the city twice, but it does have a very down-to-earth, Buffalo-like vibe. I could have fun there.

Guest Sloth

Gotta go w/ the Sabres. I simply love Buffalo and everything about it. It's my favorite place for an almost uncountable amount of reasons. I'm trying hard to think of another team I'd play for, but I am unable to view myself raising the Cup in another team's jersey. I honestly would not want to. Call me a Buffalo or bust kind of guy.

Archived