How about two GDTs for the final three games?

Claude Balls

How about the idea of having two GDT's for the final three games of the season by starting one for positive comments on the game and the other for all negative comments on what fans are seeing? This should obviously keep some of the bickering to a minimum. I stopped posting on TBD just because of all the BS. I would like to keep this forum somewhat desirable as there are many knowledgeable Sabres fans here no matter what their view is. This would be on a three game trial basis only to see how it goes.

I wouldn't do it. Next thing you know, the request is going out for two separate forums. One for positive, one for negative. Just respecting the other sides point of view would go a long way towards keeping it civil.

No, that would be silly. A far better option would be to have THREE game day threads. 1 for negative comments, 1 for positive comments, and 1 for simple observations that aren't particularily positive OR negative.

But on 2nd thought, there should probably be a 4th thread for anybody that wants to throw in a comment about another game that's ongoing but doesn't really rise to the level of being included in the 'around the league' thread or a comment about another game that also refers to that particular Sabres' game.

No, that would be silly. A far better option would be to have THREE game day threads. 1 for negative comments, 1 for positive comments, and 1 for simple observations that aren't particularily positive OR negative.

But on 2nd thought, there should probably be a 4th thread for anybody that wants to throw in a comment about another game that's ongoing but doesn't really rise to the level of being included in the 'around the league' thread or a comment about another game that also refers to that particular Sabres' game.

what about a 5th thread to discuss game-time food fetishes?

what about a 5th thread to discuss game-time food fetishes?

Might as well throw that one in as well. And if that's included, there'll probably be a required thread for in game superstition adjustments that have to be made, such as using the left hand to throw the foam brick at the tv when Roy makes a blind pass to a guy wearing the wrong colored sweater in the 2nd period and going back to the other one in the 3rd, or kicking it at the tv when he exceeds 3 of those passes in a single period.

Cool, now we're up to an even half dozen GDT's, can we get to an even dozen or a baker's dozen? (GD does still stand for Game Day, right?)

Why we are at it, maybe we could start a thread for each goal scored during the game as well? Maybe a penalty thread, a blown call thread.....this could be fun. :doh:

I think Dwight should start the remaining GDT's. He's got a great track record. One of the most entertaining of the season. Hell, he can start all twelve of them.

Twelve? Nineteen.

And no, he's not allowed. (I'm not either, they lose when I do, and DeLuca isn't allowed, either, for the same reason.)

Last year, the Easter thread really sucked.

This years Easter thread could be really good or really crappy depending on the next three games.

Yep, it did...

but we made the playoffs.

*No, I haven't checked a calendar to see if we were already in, too scared to look*

The Easter thread from last year would've been for Game 6 of the Philly series where Leino scored in OT, right?

The Easter thread from last year would've been for Game 6 of the Philly series where Leino scored in OT, right?
Crap, you're right. April 24th. Doesn't look like there was a dedicated Easter thread either... just some thread about Easter Chocolate.

Archived