Turris and Neil hits vs. Boston Sat night. NESN guys flipping out.

Claude Balls

Edwards and Brickley must be the two biggest jag off announcers in the NHL. Edwards loses his mind after Turris hits Corvo saying Turris left his feet. He needs to get some glasses because Turris' right skate never leaves the ice until after contact with Corvo. Bet he had no problem with the Lucic hit on Miller that got no suspension, but he thinks Turris should be suspended for eons. And as much as I can't stand Neil, his hit on Boychuk was a thing of beauty. Apparently Chara can slam a guy into the stanchion fracturing his neck, but when someone cleanly pastes his own guy in open ice, that's wrong. I applaud Neil for standing up and fighting Chara later on in the game and taking Chara to the ice where he had a clean shot at the goon but held back as Zdeno was flinching like a little female dog trying to block his face. The Bruins and their announcers don't like their own style of play to be played against them.

And as for Turris.....no suspension! Karma is a biznitch huh Edwards?

http://youtu.be/cEpf5uVCu20

http://youtu.be/gaY4UvMgvzg

The Neil hit was close, but the Turris hit was clearly to the head of Corvo.

Yes Turris hit him in the head, but my point is that Edwards says Turris should be suspended because he left his feet, which he clearly didn't. If there was a suspension, it would have been for a hit to the head. These guys are complete morons, and that's not even mentioning Edwards saying how Turris came from so far away to hit him. He wasn't that far behind him and Corvo had just gotten rid of the puck not even a second before he got hit.

I love the Neil hit. That is a perfect hard hit. Its nice to seen him go after another big player.

If players are getting suspended and fined over bad hits, maybe Neil should get a get out of jail free card. Oh wait he pre-emptively used it against Drury.

Man I hate that guy.

I would almost prefer that to the senile and cranky A team and unlistenable B team.

Sylvester is absolutely horrible to listen to. I know the Rangers have a Gaborik on the team, but I never knew they had a Gabarack.

i got no beef with the boston announcers -- they're unabashed homers.

then again, so is RJ. C'mon - you know the call "leopold recovers in the corner and plays it up to ennis, and HERE COMES [opposing player] AND HE JUST LEVELS LEOPOLD FROM BEHIND WITH A HIT TO THE HEAD ... AND NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO PENALTY ON THE PLAY-- OH, BROTHER!"

neil hit was a perfect hockey hit. no way to take that out of the game as far as i can see.

the turris hit looked wrong to me. turris comes from behind/lateral, and, at the very last second, gets a north/south line of contact, and it looks like the head is the principal point of contact.

Archived