What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Sorry to hear that. That's a serious handicap.Me? Robitussin DM, I believe it to be a 2012 brew, and not the 2011 stuff. 2012 seems to be a "strong" year, because I am taking completely normal, or less, dosage, and the dissociation I feel is somewhat amazing. Also, I'm pretty sure that I'm watching baseball and posting on a hockey board, but one cannot ever be sure with the 'tussin.

lol I'd forgotten to congratulate you on your earlier characterization of the vintages... well done, sir.

"Add some water, shake it up... more 'tussin!"

lol I'd forgotten to congratulate you on your earlier characterization of the vintages... well done, sir.

"Add some water, shake it up... more 'tussin!"

I had forgotten about that earlier post. Everything is all floaty. Four doses in one week (two today and two, what, Monday? Tuesday? whatever) is enough; I hate this stuff. Plus, it interferes with normal drinking. And eating. It is horrible stuff, on par with, I don't know, heroin? I've never tried heroin. It probably feels like Robitussin.

McKenzie Bourbon Manhattan. After a couple tries, I've come to the conclusion that I dislike sweet vermouth. I can't quite place it, but it tastes herb-y to me. Not a fan.

How much are you putting in. Whenevr I hear a Manhattan is 3:1 or (God forbid) 2:1 I die a little. Pour as much whiskey as you want, then just splash enough vermouth in so that you can barely notice a color change.

How much are you putting in. Whenevr I hear a Manhattan is 3:1 or (God forbid) 2:1 I die a little. Pour as much whiskey as you want, then just splash enough vermouth in so that you can barely notice a color change.

3-1 is good. The key is good bitters. So many bartenders in Buffalo don't use any at all unless you ask. Criminal, I say.

######, I am too sensitive to medicines.

bio, try 3-1 whisky to cough syrup, and skip the bitters. That should work out really nicely for everyone. Also, please take pictures.

Edited by Eleven

McKenzie Bourbon Manhattan. After a couple tries, I've come to the conclusion that I dislike sweet vermouth. I can't quite place it, but it tastes herb-y to me. Not a fan.

That would most likely be because vermouth is made with distilled wine and aromatic herbs.

Your Manhattan ratios are like mine. Add a few dashes of bitters and we're good.

Your Manhattan ratios are like mine. Add a few dashes of bitters and we're good.

:thumbsup:

Add a couple of drops of cherry jiuce and every sip is like Christmas morning.

I've recently been dabbling with the perfect Manhattan (same ratios but half sweet/half dry vermouth and a lemon twist, for those that don't know). I haven't found "my" mix yet, but when I'm in the mood for something not as sweet, they're great.

And I love the TPBs

The recipe I found was 4:1 (2 oz whiskey to 1/2 oz vermouth), but I don't think I was terribly accurate in my pours. I may try it one more time with less.

That would most likely be because vermouth is made with distilled wine and aromatic herbs.

That makes a great deal of sense. :blush:

3-1 is good. The key is good bitters. So many bartenders in Buffalo don't use any at all unless you ask. Criminal, I say.

######, I am too sensitive to medicines.

bio, try 3-1 whisky to cough syrup, and skip the bitters. That should work out really nicely for everyone. Also, please take pictures.

:P

:thumbsup:

Add a couple of drops of cherry jiuce and every sip is like Christmas morning.

I've recently been dabbling with the perfect Manhattan (same ratios but half sweet/half dry vermouth and a lemon twist, for those that don't know). I haven't found "my" mix yet, but when I'm in the mood for something not as sweet, they're great.

And I love the TPBs

The perfect Manhattan is such a perfectly misnamed drink.

PB smores oatmeal. Don't laugh; it's seriously awesome.

PB smores oatmeal. Don't laugh; it's seriously awesome.

11pm. Oatmeal. That's enough. Then there's s'mores involved, apparently. And what is PB?And yeah, I'm laughing!Tonight: An amazing carbonara at Aroma; the date had an equally amazing pasta with mushrooms and sausage. The dessert was something chocolate with a becoming-too-predictable sea salt topping.

11pm. Oatmeal. That's enough. Then there's s'mores involved, apparently. And what is PB?And yeah, I'm laughing!Tonight: An amazing carbonara at Aroma; the date had an equally amazing pasta with mushrooms and sausage. The dessert was something chocolate with a becoming-too-predictable sea salt topping.

PB is peanut butter, lol. Basically had rolled oats with peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows (hence the smores description). I didn't feel like cooking real food when I got home, so this was kind of dessert/dinner. Yours sounds tasty, though. Hopefully no more 'tussin for you. ;)

PB is peanut butter, lol. Basically had rolled oats with peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows (hence the smores description). I didn't feel like cooking real food when I got home, so this was kind of dessert/dinner. Yours sounds tasty, though. Hopefully no more 'tussin for you. ;)

I might start drinking it just for fun. (No, probably not. There's a reason why I left it in my office!)

LOVED that show! That chick who played Bonnie was kind of hot.

Oh, Chips. I was wracking my brain trying to think of a show called Scoops or Sunday Funday.

P.S. Surprisingly, Tops store brand salsa (thick and chunky with black beans and corn) is good. Then again, is there bad salsa?

Edited by PASabreFan

Oh, Chips. I was wracking my brain trying to think of a show called Scoops or Sunday Funday.

P.S. Surprisingly, Tops store brand salsa (thick and chunky with black beans and corn) is good. Then again, is there bad salsa?

There briefly was a thread titled "Chips." Then it was merged.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.