I know it's the wrong time but Darcy has made some good picks

beerme1

Of course, without Vanek you have created another hole which the team would be dying to fill right after that swap.

Generally speaking the "fans" do not think like you.

Their reasoning goes something like this . Because the Sabres have chosen not to build a line around their best offensive player for the past four years, we should trade our only proven and consistent 30+ goal 60 +/- pt player, who puts up those numbers without a center, a top ten pp and against shutdown lines . We should replace him with a kid who has scored 30 once, mostly because of his linemates, has limited playmaking skill sets and no pp presence. Then we could watch Lucic play without a true one center, with a small winger and then criticise him too for not achieving his potential. Needless to say , he would be just another underachiever without his Boston teamates. This is a much better option for the "fans" than building a real one line around Vanek and watching him put up 45-60 goals and 80-90 pts on a line with 100 goal potential.I think the "fans" deserve to be without Vanek. Brilliant! Bird in bush vs bird in hand reasoning.

If teams keyed on Lucic like they key on Vanek, Lucic would be lucky to put up 15 goals a year.

I, for one,would like to see Lucic in the Sabres shoot out order.

Thank you. I am not on a crusade, I am just counterpointing those who cry patience, or shackles.

I will try to put it in terms that Pegula may be familiar with...............

Darcy Drilling LLC is a natural gas exploration company. In 1997 the company was formed through private investment. The first order of business was to acquire a developing natural gas company that had just started to produce large amounts of natural gas on a property but had limited production resources and cash available to expand production. Because of this, NolanMuck LLC sold it's land and resources to Darcy Drilling. With the extra cash on hand from investors after the purchase, Darcy Drilling was able to impliment extra drilling on the main property through the use of 4 new wells. The Barnes, Warrener, Juneau and Sanderson wells were drilled, and a new technology, Hasekfracking, which was in it's infant stages with many technical glitches under NolanMuck, was at mature, full power and used on the property.

The production was great for 2 years and the company value soared. The CEO, and Chairman Rindy Luff were convinced it was because of themselves, and they sold off their prime technology of Hasekfracking to Illich Drilling. Now relying on pure exploration and further land purchases with their newfound gains, Darcy Drilling bought up all of the Softey Valley in hopes of a natural gas score. It was four long years, and no matter how many wells they tried drilling in Softey Valley, no gas was to be found. They were running out of cash, the shareholders were getting nervous and upset. Value was plummeting, and there was talk of Chapter 11. Then, low and behold, an amazing discovery was made! While drilling for gas on their very last well they could afford to in Softey Valley, a meteor crashed and landed on the property. The meteor was Bettman2005 as named by NASA. The workers ran over and noticed an amazing aura to the meteor. It was as if it had an energy of it's own. It turns out that in fact Bettman2005 was it's own power source. Word got out about the meteor and all of a sudden Softey Valley was of incredible worth out of thin air!

Darcy Drilling needed money to stay in business. They had to hand over the meteor to secure further funding and keep the shareholders happy. Softey Valley indeed turned out to be a success, so much so that they were able to acquire a new property with the money. In the summer of 2007, with the profits of Bettman2005, they acquired the entire hamlet of Pussville. Darcy Drilling was sure that plenty of gas would be found here, for it neighbored Softey Valley, and he saw how successful that property turned out.

Darcy drilled and drilled in Pussville, but nothing seemed to work. At first the test well brought up great signs of gas, but when it came time to dig deeper, the well crumbled with no results. For four years they drilled Pussville, living off the profits of Bettman2005, but to no avail. The shareholders wanted to sell. They had collected on dividends over time and many got in cheap during the lean years after Hasekfracking.

Luckily, Perry Tegula, a successful hockey team owner who had won multiple Stanley Cups and who grew up in Pussville, came in like the cavalry out of thin air and purchased Darcy Drilling from the shareholders.

At the press conference announcing his purchase, Perry Tegula teared up and stated, "I grew up in Pussville and know there is something special there. I could smell it in the air. It smells like gas. There has to be gas. And I'm here to say that I will give full financial support to CEO Darcy and Chairman Rindy Luff. The first thing I'm going to do is buy a brand new state of the art headquarters to make all of the executives more comfortable. Then I'm going to put beautiful trailers out in the field, so our workmen have a secure place to relax and unwind while they are drilling out in the field. And then, to top it off, I am giving a blank checkbook to Darcy and Rindy. Why wouldn't I? They've been here 14 years and every one of their competitors say they are great at their jobs. With my full blessing, not only will I encourage Darcy to keep drilling for gas in Pussville, but I will also give him extrad funds to acquire Flamertown, and Sissywaga, Pussville's sister towns."

............sometimes you just have to put the shoe on the other foot for some perspective..........

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Their reasoning goes something like this . Because the Sabres have chosen not to build a line around their best offensive player for the past four years, we should trade our only proven and consistent 30+ goal 60 +/- pt player, who puts up those numbers without a center, a top ten pp and against shutdown lines . We should replace him with a kid who has scored 30 once, mostly because of his linemates, has limited playmaking skill sets and no pp presence. Then we could watch Lucic play without a true one center, with a small winger and then criticise him too for not achieving his potential. Needless to say , he would be just another underachiever without his Boston teamates. This is a much better option for the "fans" than building a real one line around Vanek and watching him put up 45-60 goals and 80-90 pts on a line with 100 goal potential.I think the "fans" deserve to be without Vanek. Brilliant! Bird in bush vs bird in hand reasoning.

If teams keyed on Lucic like they key on Vanek, Lucic would be lucky to put up 15 goals a year.

I agree and I dont know why many of you dont think that the bruins wouldnt trade Lucic for Vanek straight up. I would bet my money that they would.

I agree and I dont know why many of you dont think that the bruins wouldnt trade Lucic for Vanek straight up. I would bet my money that they would.

Ok lets bet then. Because I think after winning the cup that they most certainly would not. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. I am also willing to bet your money they wouldn't.

Lets make a bet.

$10k

Who you gonna call?

Uh huh.

In a heartbeat..... If Chic could get him under his cap he would jump out of his pants to do that deal and laugh all the way home to Boston. The deal would add new meaning to the Boston vs Sabres games. Krejci or Savard, or Bergeron with Thomas ? . Thomas scores 50+ /90pts... Makes their pp that much better.

I think Pysyk is still there.

Baker keeps saying that Pysyk is just about a lock. He was always our best best to make Team Canada this year, but I'm holding off on believing he's a "lock" since I'm convinced I can jinx anything as soon as I buy into it.

The only other Sabres prospect who had a shot at the Team Canada roster was Kevin Sundher but i don't think they even invited him to camp.

Well, I don't think anyone with an opposable thumb uses or could follow this "logic," and I also don't think anyone thinks that a Vanek-for-Lucic trade is a possibility, but if the question is would I rather have Lucic on my team than Vanek, my answer is Lucic. Does that make me not a "fan" with quotation marks? Do I need to prefer Vanek to Lucic in order to be a "fan?"

News flash: everyone here is a Sabres fan. Reasonable people can disagree over how good their players are, and whom they would rather have on the team.

Well, I don't think anyone with an opposable thumb uses or could follow this "logic," and I also don't think anyone thinks that a Vanek-for-Lucic trade is a possibility, but if the question is would I rather have Lucic on my team than Vanek, my answer is Lucic. Does that make me not a "fan" with quotation marks? Do I need to prefer Vanek to Lucic in order to be a "fan?"

News flash: everyone here is a Sabres fan. Reasonable people can disagree over how good their players are, and whom they would rather have on the team.

No. It makes "fans" appear irrational. There are perameters that govern the use of the term reasonable.Trading a 6 mil sports car for a 4 mil truck exceeds them. When one takes an extreme position and abandons sound judgement they become unreasonable. I use the term "fan" to describe that syndrome. I have liked a number of you posts and they are always reasonable but this one makes me wonder if you are just having a bad day and inadvertantly joined the "fan" camp.( I have done it once or twice) Then again there is your affinity for Myers problem.(Five years from now that one will make you feel a bit silly too).

I guess we can disagree.Hope i did not hurt your feelings..you can trade for Lucic if you wish... But you will never manage my team.

a : being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory> b : not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests> c : moderate, fair <a reasonable chance

Thank you. I am not on a crusade, I am just counterpointing those who cry patience, or shackles.

I will try to put it in terms that Pegula may be familiar with...............

Darcy Drilling LLC is a natural gas exploration company. In 1997 the company was formed through private investment. The first order of business was to acquire a developing natural gas company that had just started to produce large amounts of natural gas on a property but had limited production resources and cash available to expand production. Because of this, NolanMuck LLC sold it's land and resources to Darcy Drilling. With the extra cash on hand from investors after the purchase, Darcy Drilling was able to impliment extra drilling on the main property through the use of 4 new wells. The Barnes, Warrener, Juneau and Sanderson wells were drilled, and a new technology, Hasekfracking, which was in it's infant stages with many technical glitches under NolanMuck, was at mature, full power and used on the property.

The production was great for 2 years and the company value soared. The CEO, and Chairman Rindy Luff were convinced it was because of themselves, and they sold off their prime technology of Hasekfracking to Illich Drilling. Now relying on pure exploration and further land purchases with their newfound gains, Darcy Drilling bought up all of the Softey Valley in hopes of a natural gas score. It was four long years, and no matter how many wells they tried drilling in Softey Valley, no gas was to be found. They were running out of cash, the shareholders were getting nervous and upset. Value was plummeting, and there was talk of Chapter 11. Then, low and behold, an amazing discovery was made! While drilling for gas on their very last well they could afford to in Softey Valley, a meteor crashed and landed on the property. The meteor was Bettman2005 as named by NASA. The workers ran over and noticed an amazing aura to the meteor. It was as if it had an energy of it's own. It turns out that in fact Bettman2005 was it's own power source. Word got out about the meteor and all of a sudden Softey Valley was of incredible worth out of thin air!

Darcy Drilling needed money to stay in business. They had to hand over the meteor to secure further funding and keep the shareholders happy. Softey Valley indeed turned out to be a success, so much so that they were able to acquire a new property with the money. In the summer of 2007, with the profits of Bettman2005, they acquired the entire hamlet of Pussville. Darcy Drilling was sure that plenty of gas would be found here, for it neighbored Softey Valley, and he saw how successful that property turned out.

Darcy drilled and drilled in Pussville, but nothing seemed to work. At first the test well brought up great signs of gas, but when it came time to dig deeper, the well crumbled with no results. For four years they drilled Pussville, living off the profits of Bettman2005, but to no avail. The shareholders wanted to sell. They had collected on dividends over time and many got in cheap during the lean years after Hasekfracking.

Luckily, Perry Tegula, a successful hockey team owner who had won multiple Stanley Cups and who grew up in Pussville, came in like the cavalry out of thin air and purchased Darcy Drilling from the shareholders.

At the press conference announcing his purchase, Perry Tegula teared up and stated, "I grew up in Pussville and know there is something special there. I could smell it in the air. It smells like gas. There has to be gas. And I'm here to say that I will give full financial support to CEO Darcy and Chairman Rindy Luff. The first thing I'm going to do is buy a brand new state of the art headquarters to make all of the executives more comfortable. Then I'm going to put beautiful trailers out in the field, so our workmen have a secure place to relax and unwind while they are drilling out in the field. And then, to top it off, I am giving a blank checkbook to Darcy and Rindy. Why wouldn't I? They've been here 14 years and every one of their competitors say they are great at their jobs. With my full blessing, not only will I encourage Darcy to keep drilling for gas in Pussville, but I will also give him extrad funds to acquire Flamertown, and Sissywaga, Pussville's sister towns."

............sometimes you just have to put the shoe on the other foot for some perspective..........

Weren't we all pleased when Darcy drilled a test well in the Kassian Shale? Sorry, I just can't...

You gotta give it a rest. It looks like Darcy has changed his stripes. You have to give him more than a third of a season. Did you really think Pegula was going to come in here and we were going to win the cup this year. We have no idea what this team really looks like. All we know about his picks is that they are easily injured. Which as it turns out is a blessing in disguise. Let the young kids get some ice time and see what we have, while getting out from under some of these contracts.

I'm still more pissed off that last year was a throw away season for OSP, because he knew he was going to sell the team, than I am at the way this season is turning out.

Weren't we all pleased when Darcy drilled a test well in the Kassian Shale? Sorry, I just can't...

You gotta give it a rest. It looks like Darcy has changed his stripes. You have to give him more than a third of a season. Did you really think Pegula was going to come in here and we were going to win the cup this year. We have no idea what this team really looks like. All we know about his picks is that they are easily injured. Which as it turns out is a blessing in disguise. Let the young kids get some ice time and see what we have, while getting out from under some of these contracts.

I'm still more pissed off that last year was a throw away season for OSP, because he knew he was going to sell the team, than I am at the way this season is turning out.

I think this is right -- there was NFW that OSP was going to spend an extra dime in the summer of 2010 in light of the upcoming sale -- so the Sabres did zero to improve that offseason.

No that is what makes you a fan you prefer Lucics style of play. If you were the GM of this team would you trade your best player (Vanek) for Lucic? Who i would say is bostons 3-4 best palyer??? Would you make that trade? I say no. Vanek is consistent and has done it his whole career. Lucic had his first even comparable year to vanek last year on an amazing team. Vanek has put up better numbers in almost every season.

The way I see it, the Sabres said a few years. I do believe the Sabres are extremely soft and do put that blame on Ruff not Darcy. With the kids from Rochester coming in I see a very strong Sabre team that will not get pushed around. Yes they need strong talent but Vanek, Roy and Pom. I say they will have talent to score. My biggest concern is in net. Yes I am going there as Miller has not proven a thing to me as being elite. I think Lindy and Darcy will have enough toughness and grit to compete with the Flyers and Ruins but think we are not strong enough in net to go all the way. Show me Miller's stats that he is elite. He had one good year and I think Miller will be gone by the end of this year. I think a huge trade will come and Miller will be dealt elsewhere. Then next year the Sabres will bring in a top ten goalie and will have the grit with some guys that will not take anything and some scorers. Yes Darcy has done a good job and think the Sabres will get rid of Miller by next year.

Hello Mr. Quick welcome to Buffalo?????????

No that is what makes you a fan you prefer Lucics style of play. If you were the GM of this team would you trade your best player (Vanek) for Lucic? Who i would say is bostons 3-4 best palyer??? Would you make that trade? I say no. Vanek is consistent and has done it his whole career. Lucic had his first even comparable year to vanek last year on an amazing team. Vanek has put up better numbers in almost every season.

That's the other part: Vanek has to go against the other team's top defensive line and d-man pairing every night. Other teams lock in on him and gameplan for him. I don't think Lucic has ever had to deal with anything like that.

That's the other part: Vanek has to go against the other team's top defensive line and d-man pairing every night. Other teams lock in on him and gameplan for him. I don't think Lucic has ever had to deal with anything like that.

So what. A Vanek can be replaced quite easily and probably for less than the 7+ million he is costing.

Lucic is exactly what the Sabres need ... if I were GM I would through in some draft picks if I had to.

So what. A Vanek can be replaced quite easily and probably for less than the 7+ million he is costing.

Lucic is exactly what the Sabres need ... if I were GM I would through in some draft picks if I had to.

Really? Tell me what point per game players are available and how much they generally cost. Last summer the best scoring forward available was Brad Richards and he had offers from a dozen teams and ended up with a ridiculous contract for more per season than Vanek is making. The next best free agent forward? Ville Leino.

Are there a lot of teams looking to trade 27 year olds with two 40-goal seasons, four 30-goal seasons, and one year where they led the NHL in +/- under their belt? And what are they asking for in return? Vanek scored 25 goals in his *worst* season (as a rookie, BTW).

I'd love to hear how easy it would be to find another Vanek. (We've already covered this upthread, BTW, but it's worth repeating for people who think Lucic is amazing but Vanek is nothing.)

Archived