Rangers at Sabres 12/10/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

It is really getting to be unbelievable, Ruff gets no credit for keeping the Sabres competitive during this string of bad luck........Funny thing if we beat some teams with these kind of injuries, the critics would say, yeah but we beat the Flyer without 9 of their guys........ :beer:

I think it's come to the point where Lindy does deserve some credit here, but, of course, Lindy is not high on my list of pawns to move to improve the team.

The Sabres are more than marginally competitive despite the number of injuries and the revolving door of players in and out of the roster on a nightly basis. Last night's win was a coaching win - Lindy came up with a good game-plan, got his players to keep it simple, and got them to stick with the plan.

I think it's come to the point where Lindy does deserve some credit here, but, of course, Lindy is not high on my list of pawns to move to improve the team.

The Sabres are more than marginally competitive despite the number of injuries and the revolving door of players in and out of the roster on a nightly basis. Last night's win was a coaching win - Lindy came up with a good game-plan, got his players to keep it simple, and got them to stick with the plan.

It truly is a MASH unit that he is coaching and I can't believe they lost 2 more guys last night..... :wallbash:

Does anyone know anything about Stuart? Anyone seen him play?

I've seen a couple of Amerks games this year and I don't really remember him, he is 2nd in scoring on the team and has good size, 6'2" 205. He also has 74 SOG's which shows he's not afraid to shoot the puck and the Sabres could use that.

http://www.amerks.com/stats.asp?playerID=ColinStuart

Marty in the hoouuse. Playing against Enroth tonight.

post-1415-0-25550500-1323536342_thumb.jpg

Marty's son is playing hockey in Brewster and is playing on my son's friends team. His dad says Marty son is just like his old man, a real nice kid.. and a good hockey player. One of the great losses from a person standpoint to the Buffalo organization. I wish him well just not tonight.

Remember when the Panthers and Rangers back-to-back were almost a sure 3 or 4 points? Ah the good old days. Let's go Buffalo.

And to most of us that was going to continue this season. I am dumb founded w/ what's going on in B-Lo. Things that can't be controlled, rate of injury, and things that can be controlled, style of play not just for the team, but for each player as well. To think the Sabres early in the season had a 20 to 10 goal differential. I truly felt as if Buffalo was playing up to the hype. Right now, it feels like the same Sabres team we've dealt w/ the past 4 years or so. It's frustrating, but to think they are still a playoff contender. Terry Pegula has to be thinking about the Ruff/Regier combo...

Marty's son is playing hockey in Brewster and is playing on my son's friends team. His dad says Marty son is just like his old man, a real nice kid.. and a good hockey player. One of the great losses from a person standpoint to the Buffalo organization. I wish him well just not tonight.

Marty's played well in five backup starts this season: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8462047#&navid=nhl-keymatch

You were there with the Margharita girls.....although they come across as very nice levelheaded girls. The one in the Gerbe throwback I'm guessing schoolteacher/nurse?

I'm going to let you squirm for a few minutes.....but then I'll tell you. It's not bad so don't get too nervous.

ok what?

You were there with the Margharita girls.....although they come across as very nice levelheaded girls. The one in the Gerbe throwback I'm guessing schoolteacher/nurse?

I'm going to let you squirm for a few minutes.....but then I'll tell you. It's not bad so don't get too nervous.

Someone's been outted.

This is almost as good as the PA outting.

I am thinking that it is more the league catching up to what the players were doing and the Bruins showed everyone how to beat the Sabres defense. Injuries have hurt and Grags and Erhoff combo have not worked on defense. Too many mistakes. But it also shows how fleeting chemistry can be and with all the new players if you include the rookies and the hurts guys coming and going, it is going to make consistency an issue.

I think as long as the Sabres don't go into a prolonged slump and keep pace with the rest of the league it will help the team. The question for me remains once most of the team gets healthy does Ruff have enough sense to play physical guys and guys with moxy to keep the team going.

-I really like the way Kassian is playing a real surprise and McNabb as well.

-I can't wait till Weber gets back, combining those two and sitting Grags would be my choice especially going into the playoffs.

-Let Meyers rest, gain some weight and regain his mojo before he returns.

=The Sabres miss Hecht's size more than I thought and he has Chemistry with Roy and Vanek, so I can't believe I am saying this but I think he is really important to the team.

Now with all the call up, I like the Sabres depth more than I thought at the beginning of the season, but they still need a number 1 center and the defense can't be the puck rushers all the time.

if it was actually me.

I will give you some advice....you may fold under government questioning. When presented with a yes/no question, and you answer "why?", it's pretty much yes.

No....you guys were on TV. What led me to know it was you is your eyeshadow. Looked like you had game notes in hand and I remember you posting a picture of your friend with Taylor Pyatt way back.

That's why I said don't get nervous. I wasn't the guy pouring the cheese on your nachos.

I will give you some advice....you may fold under government questioning. When presented with a yes/no question, and you answer "why?", it's pretty much yes.

No....you guys were on TV. What led me to know it was you is your eyeshadow. Looked like you had game notes in hand and I remember you posting a picture of your friend with Taylor Pyatt way back.

That's why I said don't get nervous. I wasn't the guy pouring the cheese on your nachos.

What period was it?

Just got back from the gym where I can do my most clear thinking.....I know it's only early December, but I feel like tonight is a big statement game. The top 7 teams in our conference are separated by no more than 5 points. The Sabres, despite a lengthy period of maddeningly inconsistent play & a rash of injuries which has necessitated a bunch of callups, have somewhat held the fort. Posting b2b wins at home would be huge boost to morale for a number of reasons.

I love what I see from the callups; could their experience & play open the door for a shakeup trade? We shall see....

In the meantime, win tonight & GO SABRES !!!

Archived