GDT: Sabres at Predators 12/3/11 8:00PM

spndnchz

Sounds like a bogus reason to hate on Ruff. Thank you, yet again, for continuing to prove my point in multiple different threads about how you consistently hate on members of the Buffalo Sabres simply because you don't like them with outrageously bogus reasons. Please still prove me wrong on how you are not a hypocrite and do not hate on people for bogus reasons. Oh wait, I'm still waiting and yet again, every time you post on this message board, you continuously prove me right. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Ruff continually feeding the perception that the Sabres cry about officiating is far from bogus. Keep trying Sport. :thumbsup:

Disagree. This isn't about the Sabres response. Again, IMO these are two separate issues - the Sabres response and play versus the league's inability to consistently enforce its own rules and properly discipline offenders. It's about calling out Shanny for his stupidity and ###### and the league for allowing it to escalate to this.

Exactly. The NHL's response and the Sabres' on-ice response are two completely separate things.

Pissed that they ended up with only a 1-min PP and got a guy hurt in the ensuing scrum (Gaustad). Plus pissed he was validated that the league thinks it is open season on goalies.

Miller getting run tonight had nothing to do with anything the league did. If they would have responded against the Bruins as they did tonight, tonight never happens.

The League can't legislate other teams into respecting the Sabres. They have to earn that themselves.

Can someone tell me why Goose even got his two minute double minor? He never even really got to Tootoo. I'm guessing his "warning" or whatever to Lindbeck got him the extra time.

Probably all the punches he was throughing into TooToo from on top of the pile. I don't think the ref gave it to him for yelling threats to Lindbeck...

Miller getting run tonight had nothing to do with anything the league did. If they would have responded against the Bruins as they did tonight, tonight never happens.

The League can't legislate other teams into respecting the Sabres. They have to earn that themselves.

Again, IMO you're linking two things that are similar but separate issues. If the league suspends/disciplines Lucic, it gives players a second reason not to hit goalies (the first being fear of retribution). Teams might not worry about the Sabres getting even on the ice, but if they know they might miss 4-5+ games for hitting the goalie, regardless of what team he plays for, that is as likely to deter teams from running roughshod through the blue paint.

I'm not looking for "Daddy Shanny" to bail out or protect the Sabres. I want them to handle things themselves. But from an overall league perspective I don't want to see any stars knocked out, especially goalies, for extended periods of time because of a lack of respect for the rules.

How did that song go? Dream a Little Dream? Something like that I think.

We can simply go to democracy and the fact that my posts get pluses whereas yours get nothing probably prove me right in the eyes of the message board.

Either way, I'll state for the record, your rant against Lindy = Bogus and Danny Briere = Bogus + You are Wrong.

Nothing to dream about. I am right, and you are wrong. Thanks for playing.

Again, IMO you're linking two things that are similar but separate issues. If the league suspends/disciplines Lucic, it gives players a second reason not to hit goalies (the first being fear of retribution). Teams might not worry about the Sabres getting even on the ice, but if they know they might miss 4-5+ games for hitting the goalie, regardless of what team he plays for, that is as likely to deter teams from running roughshod through the blue paint.

I'm not looking for "Daddy Shanny" to bail out or protect the Sabres. I want them to handle things themselves. But from an overall league perspective I don't want to see any stars knocked out, especially goalies, for extended periods of time because of a lack of respect for the rules.

This.

and I like that you used my "Daddy Shanny".

On another note, if Tootoo gets more than 2 games, I'll have even less respect for him than I do right now.

When stars or goalies get run it's not due to a lack of respect for the rules. It's a lack of respect for the opposing team.

We can simply go to democracy and the fact that my posts get pluses whereas yours get nothing probably prove me right in the eyes of the message board.

Either way, I'll state for the record, your rant against Lindy = Bogus and Danny Briere = Bogus + You are Wrong.

Nothing to dream about. I am right, and you are wrong. Thanks for playing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When stars or goalies get run it's not due to a lack of respect for the rules. It's a lack of respect for the opposing team.

Maybe partly. Teams don't respect the rules because the league hasn't shown any interest in consistently enforcing the rules - while at the same time neutering teams' abilities to exact "frontier justice" through their conflicting rules and mindset.

Why are we even talking about which is better - league rules or frontier justice. Miller got run, and they despensed their own justice. What more do you want? Yes, they didn't do that against Boston, but get over it. They learned from it and changed. Really, what more do you want them to do?

DeLuca,it's not about the Sabres gaining respect through the officials, it's all about the position of the goaltender being respected. On every team those rules need to be enforced with an iron hand.

I can't get behind the idea of the league over-legislating goalie protection. The crease is there for a reason. The goalie should be well protected while in the crease. Once he leaves that crease a goalie should be fair game, IMO.

Why are we even talking about which is better - league rules or frontier justice. Miller got run, and they despensed their own justice. What more do you want? Yes, they didn't do that against Boston, but get over it. They learned from it and changed. Really, what more do you want them to do?

Ask Lindy.

The discussion is whether Lindy should shut-up about it.

I can't get behind the idea of the league over-legislating goalie protection. The crease is there for a reason. The goalie should be well protected while in the crease. Once he leaves that crease a goalie should be fair game, IMO.

Except they aren't fair game, in, or out of the crease. Luccic's hit was just as egregious as Tootoo's, according to rules. When a rule goes unenforced it ceases to be a rule. That was my problem with Shanahans ruling on Luccic, It called into question the rule itself and opened up that rule to be ignored.

Archived