Tyler Myers' hit on Zubrus

LGR4GM

What do people think of Myers hit on Zubrus? I couldn't find the video up yet but we should have a calm talk about it.

My impression was that the hit was on time and Myers did not come from the blindside. Zubrus looked to try to duck the hit at the last second and that was one of the reasons for the head contact. I would argue for no suspension because although the primary point of contact is the head, Zubrus ducks into it and Myers kept his elbow in from what I remember.

My prediction: Shanny will want to make an example of the Sabres questioning his pathetic call on Lucic so Myers will get 5 games because Shanny will find some evidence of him doing this in some obscure game from who knows when.

I would argue for no suspension because although the primary point of contact is the head, Zubrus ducks into it and Myers kept his elbow in from what I remember.

My prediction: Shanny will want to make an example of the Sabres questioning his pathetic call on Lucic so Myers will get 5 games because Shanny will find some evidence of him doing this in some obscure game from who knows when.

Coin flip IMO. I don't think Myers targeted the head.

2 games or nuthin.

Shamahan is still pissed at the Sabres organization for the Lucic incident and for the sabres being so 'irresponsible' with their comments regarding said incident. Who knows how this incompetent fool rules on this. From what I saw Myers kept his elbow in to his side and Zubris leaned and ducked into the big guy. So since there was no intent on Myers part and based on the fact that he is a sabre,2 games and a public berating.

Myers comes in to set the pick on Zubrus, pushes off expecting Zubrus to prepare to take the hit, but Zubrus doesn't and takes a Myers triceps right in the face.

I think Tyler was definitely trying to light him up, but his size means he's gonna look like he's putting an elbow instead of a shoulder into Zubrus' chest.

I think he gets one game. He didn't lead with the elbow, contact to the head was incidental, Zubrus wasn't hurt, and Myers isn't a repeat offender.

I'm not sure how else Tyler is supposed to put a hit on him without making it look nasty. Zubrus was carrying decent speed.

This is also a hit Chara makes all the time.

Looking at this screen cap I took at the point of contact, it basically looks like Myers hip-checked him in the shoulder. I actually don't think you can call that a penalty of any kind. Because when does that hit ever even happen?

post-1361-086657000 1321506101_thumb.jpg

Note Zubrus is 6-4 and Myers is 6-8. Zubrus changed his point of contact by going low on Myers. Zubrus reaching for the puck after Myers was commited.

I'd be pissed if Myers even gets a phone call. Nasty yes but still legal.

Note Zubrus is 6-4 and Myers is 6-8. Zubrus changed his point of contact by going low on Myers. Zubrus reaching for the puck after Myers was commited.

I'd be pissed if Myers even gets a phone call. Nasty yes but still legal.

^ all of this. Zubrus ducked and he didn't do it fast enough and got leveled. If Chara putting Pacioretty into the stanchion is nothing than I am with chz, I phone call would kinda piss me off too at this point (I understand they are different types of plays but I hate Boston and it came to mind)

^ all of this. Zubrus ducked and he didn't do it fast enough and got leveled. If Chara putting Pacioretty into the stanchion is nothing than I am with chz, I phone call would kinda piss me off too at this point.

Yes.

And oh BTW ur fired.

/jk

Is it too early to hit the 'sauce'?

Yes.

And oh BTW ur fired.

/jk

Is it too early to hit the 'sauce'?

sorry :oops:

...and no, its 5 o'clock somewhere.

While I'll be watching the game tonight so I haven't seen the hit yet from what I've read the hit was dodgy but there was no intention, it was more to do with the difference in height than anything else and that can't be helped.

It is true to say the Sabres are partially responsible for what appeared to be a slight dressing down from the GM's at their meeting but I'd hope his more professional than that.

Archived