Center Ice and NO HD

Rox11

Here's the deal:

If you have GameCenter or DirecTV you'll get every game in HD that's not on a national network.

If you do Center Ice through FiOS or Cable - be ready for lots of SD feeds and very few Sabres feeds. You can complain to indemand

I've had Center Ice on Fios for 3 years now. What has changed this year? Because it has been fine up until now (at least for Sabres feeds, I don't know about HD feeds).

There is HD, there is SD, then there is Cablevision's ND (No Definition) feeds. I ordered NHL Gamecenter and it's great. You get either team's broadcasts. It's also 10 bucks cheaper. Me likey.

How is the picture quality on GCL? I have a new laptop with an HDMi out, but I'm not sure the internet feeds will be good enough to warrant putting it up on the big screen.

How is the picture quality on GCL? I have a new laptop with an HDMi out, but I'm not sure the internet feeds will be good enough to warrant putting it up on the big screen.

I was debating getting it for a while because of the picture quality. I told this to a friend of mine yesterday and he said that he wasn't even going to get CI because he was so tired of the crappy feeds we get on Cablevision (no HD and I swear that some of them would look better if someone in the stands just held up a camera phone). I ordered it as soon as I got off the phone with him and it's great. I put it on my big screen and compared it to the free CI feed and it was WAY better,.. AND I believe you always get your choice of both the away and home feeds. CI only had Carolina last night. The only drawback that I can see is that I don't get the NHL network with it.

TW Cable here and no Sabres feed last night. The only thing worse that seeing them lose to the Canes was having to listen to their color guy, Tripp Tracy. I wanted to shove a butter knife into my temple to ease the pain. Please if someone has a phone number or email other than TWC's customer service, please share it. Is Center Ice an actual entity or is it just a brand name each provider pastes on their hockey package?

I'm a relatively new Comcast subscriber and I'm already having issues w/ them. I don't know if it's Center Ice or the location I'm at, jackson shiit hole, MS. Last night, the only feed I was given was the Carolina feed. I was not provided w/ the option of watching the Sabres feed. Also, I have yet to receive one game in high definition. I hated listening to Carolina's play by play and the picture flat out sucked. Is all of this a typical problem w/ Comcast Center Ice? Oh, let me point out originally Comcast based in Jackson, MS did not have a signal for Center Ice. I had to speak to person after person after person to get it.

I'm a relatively new Comcast subscriber and I'm already having issues w/ them. I don't know if it's Center Ice or the location I'm at, jackson shiit hole, MS. Last night, the only feed I was given was the Carolina feed. I was not provided w/ the option of watching the Sabres feed. Also, I have yet to receive one game in high definition. I hated listening to Carolina's play by play and the picture flat out sucked. Is all of this a typical problem w/ Comcast Center Ice? Oh, let me point out originally Comcast based in Jackson, MS did not have a signal for Center Ice. I had to speak to person after person after person to get it.

I've got Comcast in Virginia. Yes, the picture always sucks. And the past few seasons, I'd say we've been given both home and away feeds about a third of the time, and at least the option of the MSG-Buffalo feed a good 70% of the time; however, upthread, someone was saying we won't be seeing the Buffalo feed as often this year. <_<

Thanks everyone for sharing thoughts on the Gamecenter package. I think I'll be purchasing that later in the season. Does anyone know if they offer a discount at some point like midway through the season? Price on this? Thanks!

I've got Comcast in Virginia. Yes, the picture always sucks. And the past few seasons, I'd say we've been given both home and away feeds about a third of the time, and at least the option of the MSG-Buffalo feed a good 70% of the time; however, upthread, someone was saying we won't be seeing the Buffalo feed as often this year. <_<

Thanks everyone for sharing thoughts on the Gamecenter package. I think I'll be purchasing that later in the season. Does anyone know if they offer a discount at some point like midway through the season? Price on this? Thanks!

Hold up, aside from the nbc,versus and nhl network games, we may not get every Sabres game? If not, I am going to be really pissed off. Talk about fearce false advertisement by Comcast. People I know who have direct tv in MS have very little to complain about.

Hold up, aside from the nbc,versus and nhl network games, we may not get every Sabres game? If not, I am going to be really pissed off. Talk about fearce false advertisement by Comcast. People I know who have direct tv in MS have very little to complain about.

no no no no no... I was talking about getting the MSG feed as opposed to the Carolina feed. If it's not NBC, VS, or NHLN, you'll get it on Center Ice for sure (except for 1 or 2 games a year, I forget the reason for that).

I was just estimating that 70% of the games I've seen on Center Ice the past few years have been MSG-B feed, the other 30% I've had to deal with the opponent's broadcast. but around a third of the time they'll provide both broadcasts instead of just one or the other.

TW Cable here and no Sabres feed last night. The only thing worse that seeing them lose to the Canes was having to listen to their color guy, Tripp Tracy. I wanted to shove a butter knife into my temple to ease the pain. Please if someone has a phone number or email other than TWC's customer service, please share it. Is Center Ice an actual entity or is it just a brand name each provider pastes on their hockey package?

He couldn't have been worse than Rob Ray. I'm guessing if a Canes fan watched the Sabres feed they would feel the same way. His fawning over the Sabres play bordered on pathetic.

Looks like Verizon is still fighting with Cablevision (who owns MSG network)......I have Fios and have not seen the MSG feed yet....

check these articles out.....

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AhK0KamprdsB7wwzIDKt05ibvZx4?p=fios+vs+msg&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-yie9

From NHL.com NHL Center Ice information:

HOW MANY GAMES WILL I SEE IN HIGH DEFINITION?

The number of HD games you will see in NHL CENTER ICE will vary across cable and satellite providers. For technical reasons such as bandwidth and channel capacity, one provider may choose to air both feeds of a game in HD, while another one may not air the same amount of feeds or games in HD. This is at the discretion of each cable/satellite provider and it can vary across NHL Center Ice distributors and even individual systems of a distributor.

In addition, please be aware that for a variety of reasons, not all HD games are available for use in NHL Center Ice across all NHL Center Ice distributors

Does anyone know how to tell ahead of time (for recording purposes since I won't be home) how to tell which feed is which on DirecTV? both channels look the same to me. Am I missing something?

I have DirectTV here in MA and I just looked. Buffalo & MSG should be on 775-1. 776 would be the Panthers channel. When given the choice for 2 channels, the home feed is listed second.

GO SABRES!

Archived