Center Ice and NO HD

Rox11

For the second day in a row, I've gone to the Center Ice channel and the Sabres feed in HD has been unavailable. Anyone else having this issue? I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with DirectTV and the guy suggested I try 638-1 for the MSG HD feed ....

For the second day in a row, I've gone to the Center Ice channel and the Sabres feed in HD has been unavailable. Anyone else having this issue? I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with DirectTV and the guy suggested I try 638-1 for the MSG HD feed ....

It's definitely an issue....The MSG-B HD feed was blacked out beyond the Buffalo Regional Market....Everyone thought this issue was resolved last year....but here it is again!!! :censored:

It's being discussed here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=197639

For what its worth (and you can't believe everything you read), my DTV channel guide shows the Sabres in HD on 638-1 and 772-1. I guess we'll see if the channel guide can be believed.

Same scenario as yesterday.....Kings HD Feed will be okay, but the 638-1 MSG HD feed will be blacked out. Pre-game show was shown on 638-1, but the game and post-game were both blacked out....I'm guessing it will be the same...We'll see.

The MSG SD feed on 638 was shown in a stretched format...Still no where near as good as HD....Not a happy CI Customer!!!

If you're outside of Buffalo, 638-1 will be blacked out, and 772-1 is the Kings feed.

I figured that would be the Kings feed. That's what happened yesterday -- wound up recording the Ducks feed when I realized the MSG feed was blacked out. I was ticked off about the postgame show being blacked out as well.

Blame MSG. All the cable companies and Center Ice can only broadcast whatever feed they have available. It's the same way for NHL GameCenter. Yesterdays feed was in SD on GC as well. The Sabres are on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to priority. It was the same way for the first half of the season last year on GC. While MSG broadcasted Devils, Islanders and Rangers games in HD for the entire season last year, BFLO got the shaft. Contact MSG and express your dissatisfaction. The feed from yesterdays game was awful. As much as I hated to turn off Rick and Harry, I just couldn't take the quality of the broadcast and decided to watch the Ducks feed.

I have Fios, tried to get Direct TV but they told me that I have too many trees around my house.

Did someone come out and check the signal? They said the same thing to me. One guy came out and you could tell he didn't feel like working because it would have been a 3-4 hour job. Told him to leave and to send someone else. Found an HD signal and had a new dish with HD DVR within a few hours.

Blame MSG. All the cable companies and Center Ice can only broadcast whatever feed they have available. It's the same way for NHL GameCenter. Yesterdays feed was in SD on GC as well. The Sabres are on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to priority. It was the same way for the first half of the season last year on GC. While MSG broadcasted Devils, Islanders and Rangers games in HD for the entire season last year, BFLO got the shaft. Contact MSG and express your dissatisfaction. The feed from yesterdays game was awful. As much as I hated to turn off Rick and Harry, I just couldn't take the quality of the broadcast and decided to watch the Ducks feed.

I'll shuck the MSG feed in a NY second to watch the game in HD.

Also.....

If Rick and Harry can't make the trip of a hockey life time to broadcast live, then it is quite simply time for them to go. It's too bad, because with the team being chronicle by ESPN, they might have provided some legacy Sabres footage... Broadcasting the game like it is 1960 with them watching a feed and calling it off the TV is extremely lame.

I'm in PHX and prefer to watch the HD signal as SD sucks. I say we go to the source and tell them what we think. https://www.facebook.com/MSGNetworks

Also.....

If Rick and Harry can't make the trip of a hockey life time to broadcast live, then it is quite simply time for them to go. It's too bad, because with the team being chronicle by ESPN, they might have provided some legacy Sabres footage... Broadcasting the game like it is 1960 with them watching a feed and calling it off the TV is extremely lame.

The pre-game is on now in HD as it was yesterday....The MSG-B HD broadcast of the game and post-game will likely be blacked out beyond the Buffalo market....This is Total BS NHL, NHL CI, and MSG...whomever is at fault. They should work this out for the sake of their Fan Base.

Also.....

I had no idea that is what Rick and Harry were doing. For all the money the new regime is laying out on other things, that is pretty bush league.

I watched yesterdays in HD on 776 and todays game is on 772 in HD on my Directv guide.

The point is those are the Ducks/Kings feed. And the HD channels are 776-1 and 772-1. 776 and 772 are strictly SD. DirecTV provides dual feeds, and the Sabres HD feeds are blacked out for out of market.

Archived