Center Ice and NO HD

Rox11

Well, we'll see what this weekend holds ... I have DirecTV and last weekend the Sabres HD feed was not even listed on Center Ice. That is, it had 2 SD feeds listed and just one HD, the Ducks/Kings. The HD feed was listed on 638-1, but blacked out. However, for both games this weekend, there are two HD feeds on the guide. It's no guarantee for sure, but perhaps a step in the right direction.

So I just checked both 638 and 638-1. My DTV guide shows Sabres on both channels.. HOWEVER, both feeds are listed as RSN Alternate and RSN Alternate HD . Isn't RSN the Carolina feed? Are they piping in RSN on the MSG channel?

So I just checked both 638 and 638-1. My DTV guide shows Sabres on both channels.. HOWEVER, both feeds are listed as RSN Alternate and RSN Alternate HD . Isn't RSN the Carolina feed? Are they piping in RSN on the MSG channel?

RSN stands for Regional Sports Network. It is a general term. Canes are Carried on Fox Sports Carolinas.

Hi Everyone,

Just got a call from my old man because he wrote an email to the Sabres asking what the whole situation was about. He received a personal email back almost immediately telling him the no HD is a result of Center Ice not holding up their end of the deal with MSG and that Center Ice was the reason there is no HD. What was suggested is that customers start bombarding Center Ice with emails telling them that we demand HD. I am looking for some email addresses to post here, but if anyone has any that they know about lets get it started because I am sick of having to watch the opponents broadcasts. I paid good money for one reason to watch my team and their announcers. If anyone has an email address post it and lets get this moving.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm a little puzzled here: I have Fios here in Jersey. Have they package, will I get the Buffalo feed or is that not disclosed yet?

Looks like we're getting the MSG-B feed to me as both the Carolina HD and MSG-B HD feeds are listed in the NHL CI Guide for tonight.

That same is true for tomorrow night's game against the Pens.

I'm in NJ also, but I have DirecTV.

I see four channels for tonight. Sabres/canes on channels 770, 770-1, 771, 771-1, which leads me to believe that forsland/tracy and rj/harry neale are in both SD and HD.

I also see that, but I think the msg feed will be blacked out here in nc for this one.

Looks like we're getting the MSG-B feed to me as both the Carolina HD and MSG-B HD feeds are listed in the NHL CI Guide for tonight.

That same is true for tomorrow night's game against the Pens.

You need to check the indemand schedule to see how many Sabres games you'll get in HD. DirecTV offers more games in HD than the indemand version that FiOS uses.

I'm in NJ also, but I have DirecTV.

Blame MSG. All the cable companies and Center Ice can only broadcast whatever feed they have available. It's the same way for NHL GameCenter. Yesterdays feed was in SD on GC as well. The Sabres are on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to priority. It was the same way for the first half of the season last year on GC. While MSG broadcasted Devils, Islanders and Rangers games in HD for the entire season last year, BFLO got the shaft. Contact MSG and express your dissatisfaction. The feed from yesterdays game was awful. As much as I hated to turn off Rick and Harry, I just couldn't take the quality of the broadcast and decided to watch the Ducks feed.

Although I have no intermission feed.

I just don't understand the logic. Why give the viewers only a portion of a game, it's not like there is an upgrade for us to purchase that would make them more $$$.

Archived