Center Ice and NO HD

Rox11

It's either the NHL or MSG at fault. DirecTV is only broadcasting what they're allowed to. As earlier mentioned GameCenter is 4:3 only as well. I'll be curious to see if the other MSG teams are SD only.

As far as Rick and Harry making the trip. I think everyone is simulcasting from home actually. The video is identical between the Ducks and Sabres broadcasts - right down to the replays.

It's either the NHL or MSG at fault. DirecTV is only broadcasting what they're allowed to. As earlier mentioned GameCenter is 4:3 only as well. I'll be curious to see if the other MSG teams are SD only.

There's an Islanders game listed both in the DirecTV online schedule and the receiver guide for tonight on 779-1. I'll be checking to see if MSG provides the HD feed for that one. There's also a Devils game tonight, but that is not listed as HD, so who knows.

The point is those are the Ducks/Kings feed. And the HD channels are 776-1 and 772-1. 776 and 772 are strictly SD. DirecTV provides dual feeds, and the Sabres HD feeds are blacked out for out of market.

Is this going to happen all year? I had no problem last year with DirectTV/Center Ice ... If so, I will definitely be filing a complaint somewhere.

I guess negative posts get deleted. So much for that..............

i just posted a negative comment. we'll see how long it lasts.

EDIT: i don't think they allow ANYone to post to their page. there isn't a single post there from anyone but them for today or yesterday. two words: comm nazis.

All signs point to this being a first week of the season snag. The Islanders and Devils games were available in HD on Monday and all the upcoming Sabres games are being shown as not blacked out on my iPhone in HD. (I've found the DirecTV app on my iPhone to be the most accurate predictor of what blackouts will be).

We should be good to go.... (stress should...)

All signs point to this being a first week of the season snag. The Islanders and Devils games were available in HD on Monday and all the upcoming Sabres games are being shown as not blacked out on my iPhone in HD. (I've found the DirecTV app on my iPhone to be the most accurate predictor of what blackouts will be).

We should be good to go.... (stress should...)

I sure hope you're right... thanks for checking up with your contact, wallyb!

This is a Cablevision issue. They and Comcast are notorious for being less than forthcoming in providing content to satellite providers (note, Cablevision owns MSG and the Rangers, Comcast owns CSN, Vs., NBC, et al. Ed Snyder spent Comcast's money to buy the Flyers).

You will not get an MSG fee in HD on Center ice for either Dish or DTV. This is all MSG teams, not just the Sabres. CSN, for Flyers games simply will not be on center ice a all unless it's the onl fee and they have to.

Interestingly enough, the FCC has for years been telling both companies to knock it off, and my understanding was that it was made an explicit condition of fedral approval of the NBC deal that Comcast finally provide all services across all platorms at the same price like they were already supposed to; i.e. They have to negotiate carriage fees in line with terrestrial cable for dish ad DTV.

If you'll recall the dish-msg standoff of last season, and the Sabres' hilarious towing of Cablevision's corporate line in social media, you'll see that it's an issue in a number o respects not limited to center ice or even sports (in all fairness, let's see if new ownership takes a different tack, but I doubt it)

Just out of curiosity to those who had these problems getting HD last year..... when was it resolved (if ever)? I am under the impression this is all an MSG issue because on NHL GameCenter the Sabres feeds were all in SD until midseason while all the rest of the MSG teams were in HD. Anybody with NHL GameCenter can vouch for this by going back to last years archives and replaying any of the early season games. I'm not exactly sure where NHLGC gets their feeds from if it's directly from MSG or another cable company, but Devils, Islanders and Rangers fans who subscribed to HNLGC were fortunate enough to get HD for most of the year (if not all).

But, as has been mentioned and as I stated in an earlier post, I'm going to wait and see what we get this weekend on NHLGC to come to a conclusion. I'm guessing (hoping) it was a first week snag not to mention the fact that both Sabres games were out of country.

The issue began in February of 2009 (prior to that the Sabres were available in HD on NHL Center Ice) and was resolved in April of 2010. Last season the Sabres, Devils, Rangers, and Islanders were available in HD on NHL Center Ice on DirecTV.

Sabres79 - you're partially right, but not entirely. MSGHD is available on DirecTV for in-market subscribers in the New York area and has been for quite some time actually. The question if whether an agreement in place for DirecTV to include those as part of their NHL Center Ice product.

Perhaps it's just a Dish Network issue, then. I can tell you from bitter personal experience that MSG was never in HD on Center Ice on Diah last year, Sabres / Isles / Rangers / Devils....none of them. The Philly feed didn't exist. I was sure I'd read DTV had the same issue, but there you go.

That, plus ridiculous pricing are but two of the reasons I get all TV via internets / antenna now. Saving upwards of $1000 a year, to boot. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the playoffs, though... it rather sucks that Vs. Doesn't make their feed available online. Friggin' ESPN does it...

This is a Cablevision issue. They and Comcast are notorious for being less than forthcoming in providing content to satellite providers (note, Cablevision owns MSG and the Rangers, Comcast owns CSN, Vs., NBC, et al. Ed Snyder spent Comcast's money to buy the Flyers).

You will not get an MSG fee in HD on Center ice for either Dish or DTV. This is all MSG teams, not just the Sabres. CSN, for Flyers games simply will not be on center ice a all unless it's the onl fee and they have to.

Interestingly enough, the FCC has for years been telling both companies to knock it off, and my understanding was that it was made an explicit condition of fedral approval of the NBC deal that Comcast finally provide all services across all platorms at the same price like they were already supposed to; i.e. They have to negotiate carriage fees in line with terrestrial cable for dish ad DTV.

If you'll recall the dish-msg standoff of last season, and the Sabres' hilarious towing of Cablevision's corporate line in social media, you'll see that it's an issue in a number o respects not limited to center ice or even sports (in all fairness, let's see if new ownership takes a different tack, but I doubt it)

MSG was spun off from Cablevision.

Sabres79 - you're partially right, but not entirely. MSGHD is available on DirecTV for in-market subscribers in the New York area and has been for quite some time actually. The question if whether an agreement in place for DirecTV to include those as part of their NHL Center Ice product.

Well, we'll see what this weekend holds ... I have DirecTV and last weekend the Sabres HD feed was not even listed on Center Ice. That is, it had 2 SD feeds listed and just one HD, the Ducks/Kings. The HD feed was listed on 638-1, but blacked out. However, for both games this weekend, there are two HD feeds on the guide. It's no guarantee for sure, but perhaps a step in the right direction.

Well, we'll see what this weekend holds ... I have DirecTV and last weekend the Sabres HD feed was not even listed on Center Ice. That is, it had 2 SD feeds listed and just one HD, the Ducks/Kings. The HD feed was listed on 638-1, but blacked out. However, for both games this weekend, there are two HD feeds on the guide. It's no guarantee for sure, but perhaps a step in the right direction.

They have it on good authority over at DBSTalk that the MSG HD will be back (on DirecTV). The proof will be in the pudding on Friday, however.

They have it on good authority over at DBSTalk that the MSG HD will be back (on DirecTV). The proof will be in the pudding on Friday, however.

The MSG-B games were missing from the NHL CI DTV Guide, The home opener on Friday against the Canes is now showing there and that's a good sign. :thumbsup:

Good point, I'd totally forgotten that, though James Dolan (for some reason) remains the chairman of both companies.

The Dolan family owned a very big chunk of Cablevision. The spin off gave all cablevision stock owners shares in MSG in proportion to how much Cablevision they ouwned. Therefore the Dolans wound up with a big chunk of MSG. I wound up with a small chunk of MSG, so I am part owner of the Rangers.

Well ... I checked the Islanders last night and the Devils and both MSG channels were in HD. I checked this AM for tonight's game vs. Car and unlike the first 2 games, it does show that the HD is available. Let's hope so ... more importantly ... LET'S GO BUFFALO!

If you'll recall the dish-msg standoff of last season, and the Sabres' hilarious towing of Cablevision's corporate line in social media, you'll see that it's an issue in a number o respects not limited to center ice or even sports (in all fairness, let's see if new ownership takes a different tack, but I doubt it

Last night, I checked both the Islanders and Devils MSG HD channels and they were fine last night. First thing this AM, the Sabres/MSG HD channel DOES show up on DirectTV, unlike the 2 games from Europe .... Let's hope it comes through at 7:30.

Archived