Did Gerbe break his ankle?

nobody

Yeah, real exciting... let's recap:

1. TSB posts poorly received one-liner referring to a woman (shocking) sleeping with a man (also shocking).

2. board overreacts

3. members rally the troops and form an angry mob outside my eHouse

4. TSB posts explanation of one-liner to quell the mob's attack on his character and reptuation

5. board overreacts

Don't dig the hole any deeper. It's not going to help.

Yeah, real exciting... let's recap:

1. TSB posts poorly received one-liner referring to a woman (shocking) sleeping with a man (also shocking).

2. board overreacts

3. members rally the troops and form an angry mob outside my eHouse

4. TSB posts explanation of one-liner to quell the mob's attack on his character and reptuation

5. board overreacts

6. entire board, to a man (and chz), is wrong about tact and decorum

um......I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes reading this. Sorry boys, but some of you just never grow up. There are plenty of men on this board and I enjoy reading their posts, but I wish the boys would go away.

I think I'll stick to just the gameday threads for a while. :cry:

Your honor, I would like to submit this thread as Exhibit A explaining why Twitter is useless. That is unless you find that following celebs/athletes, and waiting for them to say something stupid, somehow entertaining.

Check out Darryl Talleys stuff. He could never become a coach because of what he posts. i laughed when he was shadowing the coaches in training camp for a day or two. He would HAVE to delete his twitter account should he ever be seriouos and get into becuase his twitter posts are, um, colorful and entertaining!

And I am not a twitter guy but his chit is real.

keep ganging up on me lol never seen so many men get their panties in a bunch over a petty joke about someone they don't even know personally

ps still waiting on that explanation of what korab thinks i "meant" by the comment, since he feels it was so much "more serious" than a joke lol can't wait for that one. oh wait... you don't have anything to say because the only reason you said it was to stir up more anti-TSB sentiment and get more posters on "your side" by making it sound like what I said was much worse than it really was... all cool man, i'll throw it up to the generational gap. apparently you guys are extremely sensitive to things posted on internet message boards about random people, and are probably the same people who are appalled when they hear a swear word out in public... where as i could give two shits what you guys say about someone that plays no role in my life... by the way, even if i was being dead serious, the comment wasn't even offensive to begin with-- gerbe is a good looking guy. i'd hit it.

keep ganging up on me lol never seen so many men get their panties in a bunch over a petty joke about someone they don't even know personally

ps still waiting on that explanation of what korab thinks i "meant" by the comment, since he feels it was so much "more serious" than a joke lol can't wait for that one. oh wait... you don't have anything to say because the only reason you said it was to stir up more anti-TSB sentiment and get more posters on "your side" by making it sound like what I said was much worse than it really was... all cool man, i'll throw it up to the generational gap. apparently you guys are extremely sensitive to things posted on internet message boards about random people, and are probably the same people who are appalled when they hear a swear word out in public... where as i could give two shits what you guys say about someone that plays no role in my life... by the way, even if i was being dead serious, the comment wasn't even offensive to begin with-- gerbe is a good looking guy. i'd hit it.

No antipathy directed at you, but I have no idea what you are on about.

I don't want to get involved in this current discussion. Just wanted to say that I enjoy your posts and why haven't you updated your blog in over a month? You generally have some interesting points in there. Besides it beats the 50 news articles from Germany and Finland that clearly get lost in translation.

I don't want to get involved in this current discussion. Just wanted to say that I enjoy your posts and why haven't you updated your blog in over a month? You generally have some interesting points in there. Besides it beats the 50 news articles from Germany and Finland that clearly get lost in translation.

thanks, i appreciate that. usually any post involving my blog includes the word "fledgling" or something else referring to it as a failure. lol. i actually have made a few new posts, ive just been slacking on updating it in my signature. i will definitely have to get something up for this weekend's games

thanks, i appreciate that. usually any post involving my blog includes the word "fledgling" or something else referring to it as a failure. lol. i actually have made a few new posts, ive just been slacking on updating it in my signature. i will definitely have to get something up for this weekend's games

No man, they're very decent. Just make sure to update your sig because I'm way to lazy and don't always have time to be searching a bunch of sites for updates lol.

You want an explanation? What I said, in response to a suggestion that your assertion that the minor daughter of the owner of the team was banging Gerbe was a jest, was that you sounded serious. Your assertion was stated in a fashion that led me to believe that you believed it. You stated it matter-of-factly - not as a jest.

And if you can't grasp how stupid and inappropriate and irresponsible it is to make statements like that on a public forum, then you really need to lay off the pot. It's not a generation gap, or oversensitivity - and the people who are chastising you for saying something that stupid (which just happens to be EVERYONE)aren't prudes. When EVERYONE is saying what you did is wrong, perhaps you should re-examine your position rather than blame everyone else for being uptight.

You aren't dumb, so it is baffling to me that you could be so wrong and yet seem to have no understanding of how inappropriate your actions are. I can only assume that you realize it, but aren't mature enough to admit you were wrong and move on. Your childish responses, full of whining and justifications, seem to support that conclusion.

What you say and do in your dorm room while smoking pot and drinking beer is your business. When you are stoned and drunk and wrapping up an all night session of NHL2K12, if you want to accuse the minor daughter of the owner of the team of sleeping with one of the players, and accuse one of the players of committing statutory rape, go ahead. But when you fire up your computer and post accusations like that on a public forum you are crossing the line. Have you heard of something called libel? Because you are accusing Gerbe of committing statutory rape, a felony, and insulting the morals of an underage girl. If I had a daughter, and you were accusing her of banging a player while underage, you would have more problems than you would know what to do with.

Put down the bong, clear your head, and think about it. You are smarter than this, so own up, take your lumps, and shut up about it. This is the second time you have made off color comments about the pegula girls. You whined then about being warned by the mods about it. Now you are whining again when people tell you it is wrong. Based on your prior experience, did you really expect any different response this time around?

I was perfectly willing to let this go, but you demanded an explanation...

You want an explanation? What I said, in response to a suggestion that your assertion that the minor daughter of the owner of the team was banging Gerbe was a jest, was that you sounded serious. Your assertion was stated in a fashion that led me to believe that you believed it. You stated it matter-of-factly - not as a jest.

And if you can't grasp how stupid and inappropriate and irresponsible it is to make statements like that on a public forum, then you really need to lay off the pot. It's not a generation gap, or oversensitivity - and the people who are chastising you for saying something that stupid (which just happens to be EVERYONE)aren't prudes. When EVERYONE is saying what you did is wrong, perhaps you should re-examine your position rather than blame everyone else for being uptight.

You aren't dumb, so it is baffling to me that you could be so wrong and yet seem to have no understanding of how inappropriate your actions are. I can only assume that you realize it, but aren't mature enough to admit you were wrong and move on. Your childish responses, full of whining and justifications, seem to support that conclusion.

What you say and do in your dorm room while smoking pot and drinking beer is your business. When you are stoned and drunk and wrapping up an all night session of NHL2K12, if you want to accuse the minor daughter of the owner of the team of sleeping with one of the players, and accuse one of the players of committing statutory rape, go ahead. But when you fire up your computer and post accusations like that on a public forum you are crossing the line. Have you heard of something called libel? Because you are accusing Gerbe of committing statutory rape, a felony, and insulting the morals of an underage girl. If I had a daughter, and you were accusing her of banging a player while underage, you would have more problems than you would know what to do with.

Put down the bong, clear your head, and think about it. You are smarter than this, so own up, take your lumps, and shut up about it. This is the second time you have made off color comments about the pegula girls. You whined then about being warned by the mods about it. Now you are whining again when people tell you it is wrong. Based on your prior experience, did you really expect any different response this time around?

Hahaha, good post man. The whole paragraph on legal stuff was really unnecessary as a.) it was obviously a joke (as picked up on by EVERYONE other than you who read it... maybe you should re-evaluate your stance?), not any kind of "accusation" and b.) Daniel Tosh and other comedians say far worse stuff than that on a weekly basis on NATIONAL television -- guess what, he's still on TV. I never denied my comments were probably inappropriate, but it doesn't change change the fact that you guys overreacted about them. You can call me immature for making the joke, but you all share the immaturity in taking it and nitpicking it, and making a big deal out of it to begin with. You continue to blow it out of proportion by even bringing in this talk of "libel" and "statutory rape." The posts were deleted and you could have left it that, but no, you (and others) sat there and continued to insult my character and imply that I was breaking laws, stalker jokes, etc, rallying up the "wow what a dumb thing to say crowd." Maybe it was a dumb thing to say, it was even dumber to sit there and talk ###### about me for four hours before I even realized anything had become of the comment to begin with.

No, I didn't "expect a different response this time around" because I didn't expect any response at all. Because I'm not a baby and don't find offhand jokes like that offensive. And if I did, I would simply ignore it and move on rather than making it the focus of entire my day.

So you want an apology, or what? Sure. I admit the comment was inappropriate, and I regret posting it. I'm sorry if that comment somehow offended anyone. But I don't really care if I post the stupidest thing imaginable, when you sit there and rally the crowd and start attacking me over an innocent joke, I'm not going to just lay down and let you sit there and degrade me.

But whatever man, it's all good. You're just a better person than me. And everything you do in life is more valuable than everything I do. I get it now. So long.

Hahaha, good post man. The whole paragraph on legal stuff was really unnecessary as a.) it was obviously a joke (as picked up on by EVERYONE other than you who read it... maybe you should re-evaluate your stance?), not any kind of "accusation" and b.) Daniel Tosh and other comedians say far worse stuff than that on a weekly basis on NATIONAL television -- guess what, he's still on TV. I never denied my comments were probably inappropriate, but it doesn't change change the fact that you guys overreacted about them. You can call me immature for making the joke, but you all share the immaturity in taking it and nitpicking it, and making a big deal out of it to begin with. You continue to blow it out of proportion by even bringing in this talk of "libel" and "statutory rape." The posts were deleted and you could have left it that, but no, you (and others) sat there and continued to insult my character and imply that I was breaking laws, stalker jokes, etc, rallying up the "wow what a dumb thing to say crowd." Maybe it was a dumb thing to say, it was even dumber to sit there and talk ###### about me for four hours before I even realized anything had become of the comment to begin with.

No, I didn't "expect a different response this time around" because I didn't expect any response at all. Because I'm not a baby and don't find offhand jokes like that offensive. And if I did, I would simply ignore it and move on rather than making it the focus of entire my day.

So you want an apology, or what? Sure. I admit the comment was inappropriate, and I regret posting it. I'm sorry if that comment somehow offended anyone. But I don't really care if I post the stupidest thing imaginable, when you sit there and rally the crowd and start attacking me over an innocent joke, I'm not going to just lay down and let you sit there and degrade me.

But whatever man, it's all good. You're just a better person than me. And everything you do in life is more valuable than everything I do. I get it now. So long.

Jack, I never saw your original post so I'm not positive what the furor is over. But if you are comparing what you posted about the Pegula girls and Gerbe to what Daniel Tosh says and does on his show, you aren't bringing converts to your contention that you meant no harm and it was a meaningless joke.

Daniel Tosh is very funny, but his material is NOT appropriate for a general audience and I truly doubt that I'd find his schtickt funny if he was railing on TP's daughters.

People have suggested earlier in this thread that when you're in a hole really good advice is to stop digging. I hope in the morning you heed that advice. Sorry for 'piling on;' but it is what it is.

People are piling on because you are still defending whatever it was that you originally wrote, so nobody believes that this second transgression will be your last. Then we can go through all this again.

I could not have said it better myself.

I stopped reading after the first few lines ...

IMO ... the joke was not obvious and not everyone (myself included) viewed it as such.

Even if it was a joke somethings are extremely off-limits.

Will the powers that be please close this thread.

I stopped reading after the first few lines ...

IMO ... the joke was not obvious and not everyone (myself included) viewed it as such.

Even if it was a joke somethings are extremely off-limits.

Will the powers that be please close this thread.

Can we keep it open until 12:59? This is a mildly entertaining way to pass the next 5 hours.

Archived