Leino and Roy at the Bills game today

beerme1

I saw Derek wearing an Edwards jersey and he was with at least 4 other other guys. One of which looked like Ville Leino to me based on the playoff stubble. I asked Derek if he is good to go he said yes. I said 100% again he said yes. I asked him if that is Leino with him he said yes. I shook both of their hands and said welcome to Buffalo Ville and you better be ready to go Derek.

As I left somebody started giving Roy some gruff for the jersey he was wearing which was rightly deserved since he was wearing a # 5 Edwards jersey.

Very cool encounter with them today and as much as I wanted a picture, I don't do that and think that adds to the charm of life as an athelete living here. We generally respect them out in public and let them eat their meal or have their drink while saying hello at the same time without being needy. I love that about all of us here. Yay us.

I saw Derek wearing an Edwards jersey and he was with at least 4 other other guys. One of which looked like Ville Leino to me based on the playoff stubble. I asked Derek if he is good to go he said yes. I said 100% again he said yes. I asked him if that is Leino with him he said yes. I shook both of their hands and said welcome to Buffalo Ville and you better be ready to go Derek.

As I left somebody started giving Roy some gruff for the jersey he was wearing which was rightly deserved since he was wearing a # 5 Edwards jersey.

Very cool encounter with them today and as much as I wanted a picture, I don't do that and think that adds to the charm of life as an athelete living here. We generally respect them out in public and let them eat their meal or have their drink while saying hello at the same time without being needy. I love that about all of us here. Yay us.

1. Was hoping it was Dwan Edwards until I saw that #5 bit. Dammit, Roy, you can afford a current jersey!

2. Your second paragraph; I am right on with that.

3. Can Leino play center in the NFL? I know he played center in Finland, but the NFL is a totally different level.

3. Can Leino play center in the NFL? I know he played center in Finland, but the NFL is a totally different level.

The Bills have a center. Can he play corner? Brady is going to throw for 400 yards just on McKelvin next week.

(Not being a Bills hater, it's a fun team to watch and generally very easy to root for. But MeKelvin was horrible today.)

The Bills have a center. Can he play corner? Brady is going to throw for 400 yards just on McKelvin next week.

(Not being a Bills hater, it's a fun team to watch and generally very easy to root for. But MeKelvin was horrible today.)

Worst part was it was their backup wide receivers cause their good WRs were hurt. Imagine how bad he'll look next week. But, hey, maybe the Bills offense can keep up with New England's? Averaging 39.5 points in their first two games.

Yeah, that wasn't the joke...maybe that's on me, though.

It's hard to find the words to describe what a winner you are.

Oh and Derek, get a Fitz jersey, you drunkard.

Dude was drinking.....bottled water!!! I am not freaking kidding.

Nice comment. What a great fan you are.

I'm not a great fan. Never claimed to be. The Bills ruined my childhood so I root for them with resignation. I like to see them do good, and the end of last season and the start of this one has been fun. But does anyone expect the Patriots to make the same mistakes KC and the Raiders did? The Bills are playing good football, but they're coming into next weekend against a team that will undoubtedly play better football.

Do I want the Bills to win next week? Hell yes I do. But I'm a realist enough to know that if it's nice out on Sunday, I'll spend my day doing something else, because it's much more likely that this game will not be pretty. I've wasted enough Sundays in the last decade to know that.

Sorry my rose colored glasses aren't on for the Bills yet.

I'm not a great fan. Never claimed to be. The Bills ruined my childhood so I root for them with resignation. I like to see them do good, and the end of last season and the start of this one has been fun. But does anyone expect the Patriots to make the same mistakes KC and the Raiders did? The Bills are playing good football, but they're coming into next weekend against a team that will undoubtedly play better football.

Do I want the Bills to win next week? Hell yes I do. But I'm a realist enough to know that if it's nice out on Sunday, I'll spend my day doing something else, because it's much more likely that this game will not be pretty. I've wasted enough Sundays in the last decade to know that.

I ask because I'm genuinely curious. HOW did they ruin it? Seems like an awfully petty thing to let ruin your entire childhood ... yet who am I to judge? So I ask with real intent: how did they ruin your childhood?

I agree. I love the Bills and always will. The last two weeks have been fun, but I'm extremely skeptical. I've seen a 6-0 start in the past that led to a coach's contract extension only to go 1-9 down the stretch and miss the playoffs. I'll watch the game and root for the Bills, but I have no expectations for a win on Sunday. At this point, I'm just enjoying the ride with the expectation that they will end the season under .500 with a top 10 draft pick, and I'm fine with that. I'm not ready to fully emotionally invest in this team yet.

Having said that, I think people were more upset with your raped comment than anything else. Although, Brady may end up beating Marino's 1984 yardage record with the numbers he's putting up and considering how poorly McKelvin played, he's going to get burned for 400 yards just by himself.

Hey, you never know.

Obviously, the chips are stacked against the Bills. Still, anyone can win. We blew out the Pats in an opener a handful of years ago.

This team is showing a lot of heart, confidence, and very little quit. Things didn't look good yesterday when they were down 21-3, but they didn't seem rattled or fazed. Then again at the end when the Raiders took the lead, they came right back out looking confident that they would still win.

In previous years, Edwards/Loss-man/Johnson would have wilted.

I agree. I love the Bills and always will. The last two weeks have been fun, but I'm extremely skeptical. I've seen a 6-0 start in the past that led to a coach's contract extension only to go 1-9 down the stretch and miss the playoffs. I'll watch the game and root for the Bills, but I have no expectations for a win on Sunday. At this point, I'm just enjoying the ride with the expectation that they will end the season under .500 with a top 10 draft pick, and I'm fine with that. I'm not ready to fully emotionally invest in this team yet.

Having said that, I think people were more upset with your raped comment than anything else. Although, Brady may end up beating Marino's 1984 yardage record with the numbers he's putting up and considering how poorly McKelvin played, he's going to get burned for 400 yards just by himself.

If the Pats take us like we took KC, I would consider that a raping. Wouldn't you?

Archived