Leino and Roy at the Bills game today

beerme1

I dont think he was being condescending in the "rose colored glasses" comment.

I think what he meant was that a lot of Bills fans get very excited quickly over a win, or starting a season 5-1, only to watch the team implode. It is painful to get your hopes up, then have them dashed.

From what I have seen so far, this current Bills squad isnt full of the quitters and losers past teams were littered with. These Bills seems to have a lot more heart, drive, and determination, and are embracing their underdog status. I like what I have seen so far, but it really is hard to get into full excitement yet - a collapse could be just around the corner, and past experiences keep me leery. They are in a tough division.

I still watch the games and hope for the best. It is very difficult to grow up watching a team for 10 seasons that ranged anywhere from above average to amazing, then transitioned quickly to 10 seasons of utter futility. Any glimpses of hope we have gotten in the past decade usually do not last long.

The Buffalo Bills are fools gold. The moment you start letting yourself believe, they act like, well the Bills...

Having said that, it sure was entertaining to actually see them win a game late. How does Nelson get that wide open at THAT time of the game? It's not like they snuck a little used lineman off the line. Nelson was a featured receiver in that game.

It'll be interesting to see what the game plan for the Brady Bunch will be....

I think what he meant was that a lot of Bills fans get very excited quickly over a win, or starting a season 5-1, only to watch the team implode. It is painful to get your hopes up, then have them dashed.

From what I have seen so far, this current Bills squad isnt full of the quitters and losers past teams were littered with. These Bills seems to have a lot more heart, drive, and determination, and are embracing their underdog status. I like what I have seen so far, but it really is hard to get into full excitement yet - a collapse could be just around the corner, and past experiences keep me leery. They are in a tough division.

I still watch the games and hope for the best. It is very difficult to grow up watching a team for 10 seasons that ranged anywhere from above average to amazing, then transitioned quickly to 10 seasons of utter futility. Any glimpses of hope we have gotten in the past decade usually do not last long.

Thank you. I was going to write some big long post but you did it for me, and after a 13 hour shift and a hockey game right after, I appreciate you saving me the energy. :beer:

The Buffalo Bills are fools gold. The moment you start letting yourself believe, they act like, well the Bills...

Having said that, it sure was entertaining to actually see them win a game late. How does Nelson get that wide open at THAT time of the game? It's not like they snuck a little used lineman off the line. Nelson was a featured receiver in that game.

It'll be interesting to see what the game plan for the Brady Bunch will be....

It was Gailey's trick play. The formation was Fitz in shutgun, with Spiller to the left. The tight end to the left. Nelson lined up to the right, but went in motion to the left side.

This type of play the Bills use pretty often but each time they have used it, it's been a run. On a 4th and 1, they wanted to bait Oakland to believe that we want to "make them think" we'll pass, but we'll surprise them with a run. When Fitz said hike, and it was a pass, Spiller ran toward the corner, the person covering Nelson panicked and didn't know if LB Rolando McClain (covering Spiller) would fall for the fake and leave Spiller or not, so he went after Spiller. When Fitz threw the ball to a wide-open Nelson, Spiller was double covered and Nelson was wide open.

So, the Bills have disappointed with players who no longer are on this team, with coaches who no longer coach this team must have effect on the current players.... gotcha.

They may not beat the Pats, but this team is solid. Don't forget, they should have beaten the Ravens last year. Should have beaten Pittsburgh last year. In fact, should have won many more games last year but didn't. To those who say "shoulda, woulda, but didn't"... yeah, i get it, but it was a good learning moment for this squad. This year they ARE winning those tight games that they should of won last year. This team was GOOD last year. They just didn't show it on the scoreboard. People are too busy mocking the Bills for their terrible last few years. Losman, Edwards, McGahee, James Hardy, Aaron Maybin, ect, have no impact on this team, the players who were a joke are gone, the coaches are gone.

They were 5-1 and then lost like 7 in a row... great, but who cares now? None of these players were on that roster. (Im sure a few were, Wilson? Kesley, Lindell, Moorman)

Archived