Rookie tournament in Traverse City...

LabattBlue

I want to feel happy that Buffalo won this... but I can't help but feel like we cheated. Did the other teams bring people with as much experience as we did? I only ask because for most of that game, the Sabres looked VERY solid compared to the competition. Like different leagues...

He's just not. Foligno and Adam overshadowed him tonight.

One game in this prospect tournament doesn't dictate whether Kassian is farther behind Adam or Foligno. I think Adam will get more PT based on the fact he's a natural center. But Kassian has the size, intensity and even scoring ability that would make this team even better.

He's just not. Foligno and Adam overshadowed him tonight.

Agreed... actually two big plays stood out for me with Kassian tonight. The first was the excellent feed to Foligno which lead to our second goal of the night. The second was a terrible giveaway on the blueline which lead to a breakaway (thankfully no goal). I know it's not fair to bag on the guy for a single mistake ... but it stood out.

I want to feel happy that Buffalo won this... but I can't help but feel like we cheated. Did the other teams bring people with as much experience as we did? I only ask because for most of that game, the Sabres looked VERY solid compared to the competition. Like different leagues...

The euro players didn't participate - so that probably reduced the other teams talent.

Kassian will make this team. Don't want to hear anyone argue against it. This guy is built to win in the NHL right now.

IMO...His maturity issues are front and center in DR's mind, and there is no better way to get him grounded and grow up a little, than by spending a year in the AHL.

Oh yeh one more question. How did we win when we lost to Detroit?

Meaningless game when Finals berth was clinched.

Here's my question: Is Foligno eligible to stay with the Amerks next year, or must he be returned to junior? I'd really, REALLY like to see the Kassian-Adam-Foligno line marinate in Rochester for one year; we saw that with a few players on the roster today (Pommers-Roy comes to mind) and it would be great.

One game in this prospect tournament doesn't dictate whether Kassian is farther behind Adam or Foligno. I think Adam will get more PT based on the fact he's a natural center. But Kassian has the size, intensity and even scoring ability that would make this team even better.

Adam is the best of the bunch at this point of their careers and showed it in each game. However, i do like Kassian a lot. And he showed some big things in this tournament and even in this game. Showed he can play a physical game and even NYR ran at him a lot, probably a game plan for him to take a penalty, and he was even hit hard once and no retaliation from Kassian. He could of had several fights but opt not to, only fought in the opening game vs. Columbus. And he has very good hands. While Marcus Foligno did out shine him tonight, i think it's because NYR had to worry much more on Kassian and Adam. That said, Kassian won't make this roster. He will be send to AHL and Ron Rolston will work to polish his game off, so when they do need him, he can be a impact.

Luke Adam though, i wouldn't be shocked if he steals a roster spot. This kid is NHL ready.

Meaningless game when Finals berth was clinched.

Here's my question: Is Foligno eligible to stay with the Amerks next year, or must he be returned to junior? I'd really, REALLY like to see the Kassian-Adam-Foligno line marinate in Rochester for one year; we saw that with a few players on the roster today (Pommers-Roy comes to mind) and it would be great.

He will play for the Amerks.

My favorite prospect Foligno played a great game.

Nice goal by Catenacci, but he seems to fall down a lot.

Still liking the play of Bourques son.

It's an abomination that no one has mentioned how well Corey Tropp played. Nice goal, alright fight, and excellent hits and hustle.

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- The Buffalo Sabres certainly made their initial appearance in the Traverse City Prospects Tournament one to remember.

In the process, they also got the best of their New York neighbor, as Marcus Foligno scored a pair of goals to lead the Sabres to a 5-2 victory over the New York Rangers in the championship match on Wednesday at Center ICE Arena.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=2640

My favorite prospect Foligno played a great game.

Nice goal by Catenacci, but he seems to fall down a lot.

Still liking the play of Bourques son.

It's an abomination that no one has mentioned how well Corey Tropp played. Nice goal, alright fight, and excellent hits and hustle.

I thought Tropp looked every bit as good as Foligno and Kassian last night.

Archived