Trade ideas with LA

Warriorspikes51

Sorry but he's right.

That's cool bro, but the Yashin article was not in any way a rumor. Nor did I say it was going to happen. Nor did I get the story from a Sabres travel agent who posted it on their facebook. Just an opinion piece, something to write about. :thumbsup: I also wrote the article, put it in my sig and never said anything about it... would you prefer I make a thread about every blog post/eklund rumor/idea that comes into my head? Because I'll start!

edit: and furthermore, had joe badass over here just posted a source with his rumor to begin with, or when I asked for one, we wouldn't be having this discussion. but he chose to completely ignore my request and instead attacks a random post from my sports blog... a sign of the weak if you ask me :thumbsup: but, have fun seeing this guy post a new "rumor" thread ten minutes after every eklund post

double edit: also how ironic to be called out over a blog post about "something that was NEVER going to happen" in a thread about LA trading away their 26-year-old captain for jason pominville and other miscellaneous eklund rumors :doh: :doh: :doh:

R u kidding me?? Giving up pominville? He has been a solid player who is good at the PK and PP. Haahaah sure, go ahead trade him, then come on here the following season and cry how he is like drury and briere. Pominville FTW!

You are officially the worst poster on this site

No faith in Leino eh? I would definitely say Stoll has more value but it's not the kind thats really measured statistically. As previous stated he's physical, he's a leader, and he generally has a good reputation around the league for his work ethic. Boyes will put up more points but he is SOFT. I think he would make a great 3rd or 4th center behind Roy and Leino.

That said I don't know if LA would trade him or anyone right now. The Kings have improved this season and should they stay healthy could possibly move into the contender category in the west (assuming these players develope some chemistry). If we are looking to trade right now though, LA would be a good team to hoook up with as they have a ton of talent and a GM you know is not afraid to pull the trigger.

There is no way the Kings trade a Stoll at this point unless it's part a huge trade for a impact player. That is not to say that can't change over time. With injuries and everything else that can happen you never know where they will be at the deadline.

There is no way the Kings trade a Stoll at this point unless it's part a huge trade for a impact player. That is not to say that can't change over time. With injuries and everything else that can happen you never know where they will be at the deadline.

Just looking at LA, (and for the sake of conversation) I would think Stoll would be marketable, especially with Mike Richards on the roster.

Not saying he's coming to the Sabres, I just wouldn't' be surprised if he's moved, especially if Drew Doughty lands a fat contract.

Just looking at LA, (and for the sake of conversation) I would think Stoll would be marketable, especially with Mike Richards on the roster.

Not saying he's coming to the Sabres, I just wouldn't' be surprised if he's moved, especially if Drew Doughty lands a fat contract.

Really? I don't see why they would trade him at this point. He seems like the perfect 3rd line center for a contender ... although I was surprised to see Kopitar averaged more time on the PK, especially given Stoll's faceoff pct. Still, if Richards takes the place of Handzus, seems Stoll is still in a good spot on a 3rd line. They have lime $9 million in space this season and Stoll is UFA after this one, so they can fit Doughty ... I don't know.

Whatever their reasons, he would be a good fit in Buffalo I would think ... Roy-Leino-Stoll-Gaustad up the middle wouldn't be half bad. All depends on what is going back the other way, of course.

Really? I don't see why they would trade him at this point. He seems like the perfect 3rd line center for a contender ... although I was surprised to see Kopitar averaged more time on the PK, especially given Stoll's faceoff pct. Still, if Richards takes the place of Handzus, seems Stoll is still in a good spot on a 3rd line. They have lime $9 million in space this season and Stoll is UFA after this one, so they can fit Doughty ... I don't know.

Whatever their reasons, he would be a good fit in Buffalo I would think ... Roy-Leino-Stoll-Gaustad up the middle wouldn't be half bad. All depends on what is going back the other way, of course.

Stoll could play for any team. The trouble is not what he is making now, the trouble is what he will make next year, (in a league that pays Tim Connolly 4.75 per). While not too much for a center....it is too much for your 3rd line center.

The other issue is the Russian kid (forgetting his name (not larionov, but like that)) that plays center. He's really too small for a 4th line role.

I don't think Dean Lombardi would be afraid to move him for the right price.

That's cool bro, but the Yashin article was not in any way a rumor. Nor did I say it was going to happen. Nor did I get the story from a Sabres travel agent who posted it on their facebook. Just an opinion piece, something to write about. :thumbsup: I also wrote the article, put it in my sig and never said anything about it... would you prefer I make a thread about every blog post/eklund rumor/idea that comes into my head? Because I'll start!

edit: and furthermore, had joe badass over here just posted a source with his rumor to begin with, or when I asked for one, we wouldn't be having this discussion. but he chose to completely ignore my request and instead attacks a random post from my sports blog... a sign of the weak if you ask me :thumbsup: but, have fun seeing this guy post a new "rumor" thread ten minutes after every eklund post

double edit: also how ironic to be called out over a blog post about "something that was NEVER going to happen" in a thread about LA trading away their 26-year-old captain for jason pominville and other miscellaneous eklund rumors :doh: :doh: :doh:

I could be wrong but I took that reply to mean d4rksabre was actually agreeing with you... ie, you were the one that was right about Warriorspikes51's rumor threads.

But, I could be wrong.

I could be wrong but I took that reply to mean d4rksabre was actually agreeing with you... ie, you were the one that was right about Warriorspikes51's rumor threads.

But, I could be wrong.

Well if that's the case then I'm just an idiot. I interpreted it totally differently. Regardless most of my post was directed at what Warrior said anyway, not so much darksabre agreeing with him. I just think it's funny that anytime I get into an "argument" on here anymore, people start insulting my blog instead of the topic we're actually discussing. :unsure:

Well if that's the case then I'm just an idiot. I interpreted it totally differently. Regardless most of my post was directed at what Warrior said anyway, not so much darksabre agreeing with him. I just think it's funny that anytime I get into an "argument" on here anymore, people start insulting my blog instead of the topic we're actually discussing. :unsure:

If posters resort to insulting your blog rather than issuing an intelligent response then you should mark it down as a win for you. It means they have no choice but to lash out with a straw man after their argument ran out of steam. FWIW, I read the Yashin blog post and it's clear from his comments that Warriorspikes51 likely did not likewise read it through. It's a well written and interesting speculation piece that isn't entirely out of left field (though I dislike Yashin), and it sure as all get out beats a review of James Patrick's most memorable hangnails. During the lulls in the offseason reading blogs like yours and lurking here at The Aud Club are the only things Sabres fans like myself have to which we can cling. So, keep it up, dude, and ###### 'em if they scoff. You're being productive while scoffers contribute little else than carbon dioxide.

After starting at the beginning and laboring through this whole thread, it makes no sense for LA to trade for Boyes or Pominville. They don't add anything to that team. If Pommers made 4.25mil then yes maybe because its a solid player for a good price but he doesnt. Boyes is on the last year of his contract so he would be a rental. He doesn't naturally play the position you would be trading him for and although I think boyes does well this season, with the addition of Richards I feel as if LA isnt going to trade their 3rd line center for a 3rd line rw. Besides if a team was willing to do that then.... :rolleyes: we should trade Pittsburg for Staal when crosby returns :oops: jk

Jason Pominville is a good player and is very solid. The issue with him is his contract is 500-1mil overpayment for him. Lets just keep pommers for the moment and see how the season progresses. We would look pretty dumb if we trade pommers and then staff or boyes sucks (both very real possibilities)

R u kidding me?? Giving up pominville? He has been a solid player who is good at the PK and PP. Haahaah sure, go ahead trade him, then come on here the following season and cry how he is like drury and briere. Pominville FTW!

Ye boi! All those n00bs and lozers...

At least try and formulate a coherent argument.

Wait, you mean you haven't been paying attention since you signed up? There's been a noticeable change over this past season (especially since that other board shut down).

HEY WAIT!! I'm from that other board !! :unsure:

:P

So I can blame you? Done.

That shut down definition brought a few more eklund quoters over to this side. Strangely enough, our original resident eklund follower BamBam seems to have disappeared.

I'm assuming you are referring to Letsgosabres.

Interesting you think that. Eklund was roundly laughed at on that board too. And I only recognized maybe two names from the other board, the chimp is one, the other is one of the numbered sabresfanXXX posters. I suppose the others could've adopted new handles here.

Letsgosabres wasn't a bad forum. The core posters were very small in number and on the young side, but the level of dialog was certainly better than what we are seeing in the last 15 or so posts in this thread.

Archived