F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Woke up to shining sun and blue skies. It may still be cold, but..

I woke up.

It was sunny.

It will get warmer.

It may not sound like much and but the first one sets the bar pretty high to begin with and the other two only raise it a bit more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I really like my new department at my permanent part-time job.  It's challenging and intersting work - as interesting as income tax can be.

In 20+ years I have not had a regular paycheque every 2 weeks, so that continues to be nice.  My heart breaks when I read posts of layoffs and such.  I have been there too.

It's payday of a 3 pay month, which is always nice - I know that it all evens out in the end.

I know @Taro T is on his annual Lent fast.  Ramadan will start in 10 days.  I am not doing a full fast again this year, but it's always fantastic.

All in all a pretty fantastic Friday.  A fantastic start to a fantastic, I hope, month.

I still say the Sabres make the playoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Children’s took great care of us. We should be out of here in the next few hours with a full recovery on the horizon. It’s easy to gain a lot of perspective here. We are a very fortunate family. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Could you feel anything?

Dude. Absolutely! We just had another one around 6pm. Only a 4.0 and much shorter.

The earlier one was much longer and getting unnerving. All the neighbors came out and were standing in their doorways. Pretty wild.

• Awesome! (+1) 1