[OT] Cigars

Weave

Temperatures are slowly changing and I'm low on cigars. It's about that time to re-stock.

Thinking about checking out Tinder Box in Amherst

I've never been in there. It's right near work.

My complex may give me a hard time about smoking, even on the balcony, so I'll probably be hitting up Virgil or Buffalo Cigars out in OP. Alternative Brews is the old standby.

I've been smoking my pipe a lot. I enjoy the lack of a time commitment.

My complex may give me a hard time about smoking, even on the balcony, so I'll probably be hitting up Virgil or Buffalo Cigars out in OP. Alternative Brews is the old standby.

I should probably try a pipe. Taken a few puffs, but never tried a full pipe. 

Yeah it's about a 10 minute drive from where I work so I've been meaning to stop in there for a while now. The place has great Google reviews 

Good time to bring back this thread - the porch/ patio/ deck cigar smoking season is here (although cold rainy spring here in NH)

Got my hands on a box of CAO Amazon Basin and if you ever see these, grab some. They're rare as heck but among the best smokes I've ever had. The box insert says it all:

"CAO Amazon Basin utilizes rare organic tobacco cultivated at small farms in remote regions of the Amazonian rainforest. The tobacco, called 'Braganca', is grown in virgin lands and harvested just once every three years. No artificial chemicals or fertilizers are used. Instead, the leaves are rolled by hand into tubes called 'carottes' and left to rest under high pressure. After six months of natural fermentation inside the carottes, they are transported by canoe from the rainforest and delivered to our factory.

Our cigar masters created a blend that maximizes the rare flavor of the Braganca. It includes a collection of tobaccos curated from five different countries and is sheathed in a pristine Ecuadoran Sumatra wrapper from the highest primings. The taste of CAO Amazon Basin is as exotic as the tropical rainforest from which it originated."

I have to rank these right up there with Padron Serie 1926 as special cigars, which I'll savor each and every time I have one.

That said, if any of you fancy a good cigar, and are ever in southern NH, I would love to share one with you!

How would ypu describe them, strength-wise? Give us a taste for the experience.

They are medium to full bodied, and very smooth.  I'd compare them favorably to Fuente Don Carlos and Rocky Patel Decade toros, two of my other favorites.

I'd give more complete tasting notes, but I'm afraid I don't have your flair for descriptive terms, nor can I discern subtle nuances ;) 

However, I am able to say that a smoke is more than a smoke if it's not an El Stinko!

They are medium to full bodied, and very smooth. I'd compare them favorably to Fuente Don Carlos and Rocky Patel Decade toros, two of my other favorites.

I'd give more complete tasting notes, but I'm afraid I don't have your flair for descriptive terms, nor can I discern subtle nuances ;)

However, I am able to say that a smoke is more than a smoke if it's not an El Stinko!

Was mostly wondering about strength and smoothness. I don't expect most to have my flair for bullshyt. Edited by We've

Ok, y'all got me craving a smoke. Broke out one of my last Rocky Patels.

Im not sure I had a cigar at all last Summer. This is every bit as delicious as I remember.

Paired with a glass of Eagle Rare. The sweetness of the bourbon is a terrific foil for the spice of the cigar.

Edited by We've

I don't know how you guys do it. I'd be tasting that for 3 days. I'll take the bourbon though. I overindulged in about half a bottle of eagle rare the other day, so I'm out of that, but I'm making due with bird dog.

• 1 month later...

Its been quite awhile since I've picked up a cigar, but the gorgeous day today made me do it.

I've been faithfully nursing my humidor that has 3 cigars in it for the longest time. Well, if I'm gonna keep that thing maintained, I might as well have a smoke, eh?

Tequila and lime goes with what?

Today, it goes with a Rocky Patel Conneticut wrapper vintage 1999 that has been sitting in my cedar lined humidor for the last 5 years. Its a delicious smoke when first purchased, and even more smooth after sitting at 75% RH for 5 years.

Why again did I stop smoking?

And now the humidor is down to 2. Time to make a purchase......

Its been quite awhile since I've picked up a cigar, but the gorgeous day today made me do it.

I've been faithfully nursing my humidor that has 3 cigars in it for the longest time. Well, if I'm gonna keep that thing maintained, I might as well have a smoke, eh?

Today, it goes with a Rocky Patel Conneticut wrapper vintage 1999 that has been sitting in my cedar lined humidor for the last 5 years. Its a delicious smoke when first purchased, and even more smooth after sitting at 75% RH for 5 years.

So jealous right now.

That's definitely a smooth stoagie. I usually favored the ones that give you a kick to the jaw though, otherwise I'd find myself inhaling too often though. My go to was usually the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro. Much easier to puff because if you made the mistake of inhaling it you'd drop a lung from all the coughing.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.