Community Musings...

darksabre

Given what this thread is about, I believe he was joking. Get it?

It's a little hard to read that with all of that head banging going on, get it? :) I haven't been here long enough to know when he's joking and when he isn't. So cut me slack jack. get it? ;) I'm joking just so you know..... :D

We see eye-to-eye on this. Dissenting opinion IS what drives discussion, and this is a discussion board. Every discussion board I have ever been a member of has personalities on the extreme. Boards without strong opinions and strong personalities are boards that whither and die. They are not interesting enough to retain member attention. Posters at the margins with passionately held opinions are not appreciated by everyone but the simple truth is, they drive the conversation. They spur posts. They challenge posters. And that is a good thing. This is supposed to be a medium for free exchange of thoughts and ideas, right?

The problem isn't with frequency or or negativity. The problem is with a lack of desire to be frequently challenged. I can understand and appreciate this, but unless the poster is getting personal then I think the problem is not with the poster, it is with the individual who gets upset.

This would make a good off topic conversation because I think it does need to be hashed out.

Disagree, the problem only exists when 'I disagree, have you considered this point, or 'valid point, but this is my opinion' turns into 'you dick, I'm right and your wrong, retard'. On this point, I agree with SDS. I love a good discussion (ie, most of the Lindy Ruff thread), but a flame war will destroy a board (ie, the end of the Lindy Ruff thread).

:)

Disagree, the problem only exists when 'I disagree, have you considered this point, or 'valid point, but this is my opinion' turns into 'you dick, I'm right and your wrong, retard'. On this point, I agree with SDS. I love a good discussion (ie, most of the Lindy Ruff thread), but a flame war will destroy a board (ie, the end of the Lindy Ruff thread).

:)

You missed my point in this thread if you think I am OK with personal insults. There are many posts in this thread where I state my case that non-productive personal commentary (ie. insults) should not be tolerated at any level. In fact, it is SDS that is suggesting that in some cases he is OK with personal insult. This is where I disagreed with him.

You missed my point in this thread if you think I am OK with personal insults. There are many posts in this thread where I state my case that non-productive personal commentary (ie. insults) should not be tolerated at any level. In fact, it is SDS that is suggesting that in some cases he is OK with personal insult. This is where I disagreed with him.

Fair enough. :)

While I think flame wars start a little easily considering its board for Sabres fans I do like the diversity and acknowledge you can't have everything. The majority beats the minority imho, and most of the time this is a damn good board for a discussion.

Fair enough. :)

While I think flame wars start a little easily considering its board for Sabres fans I do like the diversity and acknowledge you can't have everything. The majority beats the minority imho, and most of the time this is a damn good board for a discussion.

I'm right and you're wrong, retard!

Oh wait, I haven't even taken a stance on this one. :oops:

I'm right and you're wrong, retard!

Oh wait, I haven't even taken a stance on this one. :oops:

<Donut[AFK]> HEY EURAKARTE

<Donut[AFK]> INSULT

<Eurakarte> RETORT

<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-RETORT

<Eurakarte> QUESTIONING OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE/

<Donut[AFK]> SUGGESTION TO SHUT THE ###### UP

<Eurakarte> NOTATION THAT YOU CREATE A VACUUM

<Donut[AFK]> RIPOSTE

<Donut[AFK]> ADDON RIPOSTE

<Eurakarte> COUNTER-RIPOSTE

<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-COUNTER RIPOSTE

<Eurakarte> NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

<Miles_Prower> RESPONSE TO RANDOM STATEMENT AND THREAT TO BAN OPPOSING SIDES

<Eurakarte> WORDS OF PRAISE FOR FISHFOOD

<Miles_Prower> ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTENCE OF TERMS

Thank you bash.org :D

-122 rep is the highest honor this board has given me. The fact someone is annoyed by me that much is super freaking awesome! Keep it coming "not so mysterious person" :thumbsup:

Look at the bright side - at least 1,719 of your posts have not received a single minus vote.

First, Gerbe will be our 3rd line pivot this season. (Center)

Second, we should have a thread dedicated to how terrible all of Hockey lies and crap sabres blogs are... just anytime they mention the sabres and I continue reading I find myself rotflmfao its so sad.

hey boston boy... I am waiting for it...

I meant why does KTN get negative rep all the time?

I think it all stemmed from a series of bad posts, and just escalated Anchorman style from there...but I really don't remember.

His spiraled almost as fast as GoDD's...that's something to be proud of right there.

I do miss his cynicism, even if it was way off base half the time. He was like that hot sauce that adds flavor without burning ALL of your taste buds. oh well. life goes on.

65 more days...

I think it all stemmed from a series of bad posts, and just escalated Anchorman style from there...but I really don't remember.

His spiraled almost as fast as GoDD's...that's something to be proud of right there.

I do miss his cynicism, even if it was way off base half the time. He was like that hot sauce that adds flavor without burning ALL of your taste buds. oh well. life goes on.

65 more days...

It keeps going down though, who keeps putting it down? :S. Tell me to shut up if I should just cease my curiosity :D. I know the Hot Sauce feeling.... Lol.

Archived