Drew Stafford Contract

BuffaloFansR_Crazy

According to who?

If he was really that out of shape, and still managed 20 goals, a normal and efficient manager would say to himself, "Holy $#!* imagine what this guy will do once we sharpen him up!"

But he went straight to the tank here. You put a US Marine in a Bejing elite unit for drills, and he will look like a flounder. Doesn't mean in the real world he couldn't slice 10 of those guys up and down.

Other teams take advantage of Sabres mismanagement, not the other way around. That is why we are stuck in Hockey Purgatory

he didnt manage 20 goals here. He didnt manage 20pts... im not sure he played 20 games and no i disagree with your analogy and your premise. Last Year Torres was out of shape and clearly had a nagging yet not to serious injury. He worked over the summer got healthy and in shape and is better for it. Not to mention he plays with KESLER! I could score 20 goals playing with him and sedins. You put a seal in the Bejing special forces and they would excel you put a erie country sheriff and they would suck. Thats the analogy. Torres is a guy who needs strong support players to look good. Buf didnt have him so he failed.

o and its was 19 goals 17 assists for 36 points ooooo aaaahhh what a winner! AND HE HAD 29pts this year WOW!

he didnt manage 20 goals here. He didnt manage 20pts... im not sure he played 20 games and no i disagree with your analogy and your premise. Last Year Torres was out of shape and clearly had a nagging yet not to serious injury. He worked over the summer got healthy and in shape and is better for it. Not to mention he plays with KESLER! I could score 20 goals playing with him and sedins. You put a seal in the Bejing special forces and they would excel you put a erie country sheriff and they would suck. Thats the analogy. Torres is a guy who needs strong support players to look good. Buf didnt have him so he failed.

o and its was 19 goals 17 assists for 36 points ooooo aaaahhh what a winner! AND HE HAD 29pts this year WOW!

I know, skimpy.

Pyatt 18 goals.....Torres 15 goals, including a Stanley Cup game winner, all for a total of less than $2 million.

Let's see...33 goals....how to get there?.....Boyes and Pominville got you 39....that was only $9.3 million......lemme see.....ummm here we go!....Hecht, Gaustad, Niedermayer and Grier...that's 34 goals and only $8 million.....maybe we could hook up say...Connolly, and Roy?...nah...that's not it...only 23 goals for $8.5 million.

I guess you and X make a good point. A couple of 4th line talent busts score 33 goals for $1.9 million, but your top 4 centers and 4 of your top 6 wingers going into the year crushed them with 96 goals for $25.8 million.

How could I ever question the roster management or development of this organization??

tone down the asshating please. You hate the sabres we get it. The only thing that would change your mind would be the sabres winning a cup. No wait i take it back. If they win one you will be here to say see they suck they only won it once

He's has every right to voice his opinion here.

Pro tip- You can always use the ignore feature to block his posts.

There goes moving our most moveable asset. He better be the real deal. <_<

Yes. It is more important to move 30 goal scorer who is 25 years old, instead of re-signing that player, showing the organization and others throughout the NHL that you are committed. :rolleyes:

if this is true...4.66 Million for a guy who can be a 60 pt player and 30 goals is a good contract.

Good job Regier and Pegula

I know, skimpy.

Pyatt 18 goals.....Torres 15 goals, including a Stanley Cup game winner, all for a total of less than $2 million.

Let's see...33 goals....how to get there?.....Boyes and Pominville got you 39....that was only $9.3 million......lemme see.....ummm here we go!....Hecht, Gaustad, Niedermayer and Grier...that's 34 goals and only $8 million.....maybe we could hook up say...Connolly, and Roy?...nah...that's not it...only 23 goals for $8.5 million.

I guess you and X make a good point. A couple of 4th line talent busts score 33 goals for $1.9 million, but your top 4 centers and 4 of your top 6 wingers going into the year crushed them with 96 goals for $25.8 million.

How could I ever question the roster management or development of this organization??

You notice the money aspect is being ignored. I would agree Stafford is the more talented player, he just isn't three times the player or $3 mil better than the others. When talking about Stafford the point becomes value. The more beyond $3 mil a year the conversation goes the less value there is in Stafford.

You notice the money aspect is being ignored. I would agree Stafford is the more talented player, he just isn't three times the player or $3 mil better than the others. When talking about Stafford the point becomes value. The more beyond $3 mil a year the conversation goes the less value there is in Stafford.

What they have pretty much done is given Stafford, Connolly's old salary, now need to find a #2 center, will have the increase in cap dollars eaten up by the RFAs, and need to replace Montador who was their most consistant D-man for the first 60 games of the season. It will be almost the exact same team as last season except it will cost more. Once they talk to Myers about long term, Katie bar the door.

Boyes, Stafford, Hecht, Pominville, Vanek.....$25 million. Suck on them apples as you send in your $7,000 for a pair of club seats.

if this is true...4.66 Million for a guy who can be a 60 pt player and 30 goals is a good contract.

Good job Regier and Pegula

I'd say it's good for a player that "is", not that can be.

I'm not going to gripe about size of the contract, as it remains to be seen if it's a good value or not or not. However potential gets you nowhere. There's only those that "can be" and those that "are".

I will say if the NTC is in there, I'm not happy about it. One thing I can't stand is purposely tying your own hands.

With the cap going up, some value for another year or two at the back end and hopefully some value in the third and fourth makes the $25 mil work though I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is gone.

Btw, closed the deal.

I don't know who will give them anything of value unless Vanek is involved. We'd have to eat an overpaid vet in return.

Nice. Hopefully it involved a strip club.

With the cap going up, some value for another year or two at the back end and hopefully some value in the third and fourth makes the $25 mil work though I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is gone.

Btw, closed the deal.

Who knew "Hockey Heaven" was Status Quo? :doh:

Another bad contract to be added to the pile of bad contracts.

Archived