• Beer
    • Light Beer
    • Rum
    • Wine
    • Whiskey
    • Vodka
    • Tequila
    • Some other form of Rat Poison

So if you could drink anything you wanted that was alcoholic for a sabres game what would you cchoooose>? I am going with Rum and specifically Barcardi Torched. What do you DRINK? or what would you like to balance on a urinal?

I rarely see games at the arena anymore so balancing a beer on a urinal isn't a problem. But now that Flying Bison has a presence on the 300 level I spring for an Aviator Red when I'm at HSBC. Support local, yo.

At home I don't have a set game night beer. My fridge selection runs from pale ales to stouts, belgians, IPA's, porters, etc, etc. What I'm drinking in front of the tube depends on my tastes that particular evening.

I'm a whiskey drinker but don't drink whiskey while watching the games. For me, whiskey is about contemlative time. A Sabres' game doesn't quite work there.

BEER.

One reason I like Amerks games is the vendor on the second level with Michelob Amber Bock on tap. Drink of choice at the arena.

If I'm at home, I'll drink whatever beer I have in the fridge. Which could be pretty much anything. Beers of the World here in Rochester just recently started stocking Alexander Keith's, so I've been leaning on that the last week or so.

Whatever kind of beer I have on hand. Although, if i'm slamming drinks, it's usually club soda. I drink A LOT when I get nervous during games, so club soda keeps me safe!

I will have a glass of Jack Daniels after games though if I have any. I am a Squire, after all!

When Miller is in net I drink Milwaukee's Best Ice (Miller Product) and when Lalime/Enroth are in net I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon. When I attend games I usually drink Labatt Blue.

I'm always a Labatt's guy at the arena. However if we play a Canadian team, I drink domestic. Weird, I know. But one of the few superstitions I have watching it live.

That and of my two seats, I always sit on the right.

BEER.

One reason I like Amerks games is the vendor on the second level with Michelob Amber Bock on tap. Drink of choice at the arena.

If I'm at home, I'll drink whatever beer I have in the fridge. Which could be pretty much anything. Beers of the World here in Rochester just recently started stocking Alexander Keith's, so I've been leaning on that the last week or so.

Hey is this the only place that I can get Keith's in Rochester? It'd be good to grab some when I'm in town later this month.

Hey is this the only place that I can get Keith's in Rochester? It'd be good to grab some when I'm in town later this month.

I don't know. It's the first time I've ever seen it in Roch. At the one in Henrietta. I also know MacGregor's bar on Jefferson has it on tap and you can buy anything there on tap by the growler-full.

Beer. I actually had a question about HSBC, since I've never been there....

....do they have any craft offerings?

The only craft offering I am aware of is Flying Bison. They have a kiosk on the 300 level. Last time I was there they were pouring Aviator Red and Buffalo Lager.

Blue.

Always Blue.

Maybe if I (lived in Buffalo and) I had season tickets and I was attending multiple games a week I'd want some variety, but until then it's Blue in the arena and nothing but.

When I watch games on TV here in LA, Blue is hard to find, so I usually drink any sort of beer with a slight preference for Canadian lagers if they're available (Molson's pretty easy to find).

I'm interested in these results. I can't believe the 16-1 beer to light beer spread right now. Given the dynamics of this board, I figured there would be a lot more light beer drinkers, not to mention the prevelance of light beer in general. Unless people just see beer and check that first.

Given the choice between light beer and regular beer, I typically always go regular. Unless I'm in the mood to consume volume or I'm driving, then I'll go light beer.

Given the choice between light beer and regular beer, I typically always go regular. Unless I'm in the mood to consume volume or I'm driving, then I'll go light beer.

Doesn't light beer become light due to caloric numbers not % of alcohol? Light beer when your driving. Thats just great.

I'm interested in these results. I can't believe the 16-1 beer to light beer spread right now. Given the dynamics of this board, I figured there would be a lot more light beer drinkers, not to mention the prevelance of light beer in general. Unless people just see beer and check that first.

I brought two cases of Blue Light and one case of Blue back with me after a trip to WNY for the holidays. If I'm drinking during the game, it's one of those. I also ONLY drink my Labatt's during the games (save them for hockey, and nothing else). This year I rationed them too much (or the Sabres lost too quickly?), so I've got half a case of Blue Light left over!

Doesn't light beer become light due to caloric numbers not % of alcohol? Light beer when your driving. Thats just great.

I was curious, and I found a couple sites which aren't too helpful. Based on a couple samples from the sites below, it looks like light beers have smaller alcohol contents.

http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories2.php

http://www.alcoholcontents.com/beer/beer.htm

What really got me thinking, was seeing that Sam Adams makes a Triple Bock that is a whopping 17.5% alcohol???? I don't think I've ever had this; has anyone here tried it?

I was curious, and I found a couple sites which aren't too helpful. Based on a couple samples from the sites below, it looks like light beers have smaller alcohol contents.

What really got me thinking, was seeing that Sam Adams makes a Triple Bock that is a whopping 17.5% alcohol???? I don't think I've ever had this; has anyone here tried it?

That's how they get some of the calories down.

I really like Ice beer because it has a little more kick and flavor. I would never buy Budweiser for myself, but I have bought Bud Ice in a pinch. I don't know if they still make it though. Labatt Ice is just dandy. In fact I think I will go have one now.

The really high end stuff is more for sipping and sort of defeats the purpose in my mind.

And the Beer Store is the greatest store ever. Hundreds of different bottles and cans lined up for you to choose, and they roll it out from the back like it's freakin Brand Names. If I get a mansion in heaven, I want a Beer Store and a walk in humidor. Anything else is gravy.

Most light beers need to be lower in alcohol content to keep the calories down. Alcohol is metabolized for energy too, hence the calories. If light beers weren't lower in alcohol they wouldn't have calorie counts as low as they do.

I don't think Sam Adams has brewed Triple Bock since the late 90's, maybe 2000. It was a very cloying beer. Not my cup of tea.

Yeah, I'm one of "those guys".

Archived