Worlds

X. Benedict

Just some notes on the Worlds.

Marc-Andre Gragnani is looking like a stud. We may have a better player on our hands than any of us imagined. He's been carving up the boxes on the PP like a veteran. Carrying the puck out of the D zone. Crisp tape-to-tape outlets. (Sure its a bigger surface, but he's never played with these guys)

He looks like a young Thomas Kaberle.

Gaustad doesn't look out of place at all on the US roster. Scott Gordon is throwing Gaustad out there for nearly every D-Zone faceoff. Gaustad is switching hands again for draws. Something I think he had stopped doing in the playoffs.

Marc-Andre Gragnani is looking like a stud. We may have a better player on our hands than any of us imagined. He's been carving up the boxes on the PP like a veteran. Carrying the puck out of the D zone. Crisp tape-to-tape outlets. (Sure its a bigger surface, but he's never played with these guys)

Gaustad doesn't look out of place at all on the US roster. Scott Gordon is throwing Gaustad out there for nearly every D-Zone faceoff. Gaustad is switching hands again for draws. Something I think he had stopped doing in the playoffs.

In the US-CAN game, I was really impressed with Gragnani.

Always enjoy the games because i love watching the USA play. It doesn't even matter to me what the names on the backs are, i just hope they do well. I've some of the games live, but watched the Canada game last night on tape delay.

In the US canada game, i was pissed when rick nash buried the winning SO goal, and zach parise talked about it in a suit behind the broadcast desk. :wallbash:

Every team has more than a few capable players sitting out or unavailable to play right now. I was kind of pissed that Sid Crosby was unavailable to bury 1 for Canada.

Poor goaltending and poor 1st passes out of the zone killed Team USA today against Switzerland.

At 2 EDT, Versus is carrying the Canada-Sweden game. That should be a good one.

Poor goaltending and poor 1st passes out of the zone killed Team USA today against Switzerland.

At 2 EDT, Versus is carrying the Canada-Sweden game. That should be a good one.

Only caught the third period.

USA looked amazing on the PP but once it was 5 on 5...they looked scared and panicky

What college kid did that a decade or so ago?

Zach Parise talked about this during the intermission. He said that we've seen that before in college games, but the difference with those is that they were done from a standstill; Granlund did it while skating around the net. He finished with, and I quote, "I couldn't do that."

Archived